IGNORED

Dunford Cracks Up

BournemouthRed

Read it can,t believe it what a disgrace. 2 so called City fans actually wished him all the best. I can,t remember them doing that when we were that far down or do we all have short memories. I want them to go down I can,t wait to say I support the 2 biggest teams in Bristol. ie City and Mangotsfield. As for sympathy none You don,t sell the strikers the,ve had and hope to survive

Dungford's going to have to publically retract his statements now or be on his way. Maybe for the Gas it would be better if he went, but who'd buy that shambles? Nobody wanted to when they were up for sale recently.

Dunford's post was nothing but unprofessional.

We should be thankful that we have an excellent chairman in Steve L.

Hope they are relegated but I think they'll escape by a whisker like the last 3 years.

As for gloating, wouldn't waste my breath.

BS4 & proud to be a City fan

Mind blowing stuff indeed.Certainly evidence of a man in pure desperation.

To get himself out of this mess he needs to appoint an experienced man to take charge of his lot

Ive a mate who's a "Basement" and on numerous occasions told him to write to Dunceford with a suggestion.

Not wishing to help but a certain Carlisle player ex Bury boss called David Preece would be a good appointment.Still scoring goals and not on a huge contract I believe.

But then I'm just a normal bloke in the stands.What do I know? ;)

Mind blowing stuff indeed.Certainly evidence of a man in pure desperation.

To get himself out of this mess he needs to appoint an experienced man to take charge of his lot

Ive a mate who's a "Basement" and on numerous occasions told him to write to Dunceford with a suggestion.

Not wishing to help but a certain Carlisle player ex Bury boss called David Preece would be a good appointment.Still scoring goals and not on a huge contract I believe.

But then I'm just a normal bloke in the stands.What do I know? ;)

Apparently his comments were mentioned on Soccer Sunday. ;) Don't suppose anyone taped it did they? :D
I did!L 0 L, it didnt include all the comments , just the ones that sounded worse and it didnt say he was being sarcastic either. So any rovers fans that dont go on the forums and saw that will be pretty p!ssed off with him now! :(

any truth in the rumour that tonite the fastest milkman in the west is on suicide watch!!!!! ;):D:(:(:D:D ive just read what he said and its without a shoadow of a doubt the funniest thing ive ever read. the mans a legend!!!!!

he came on hiv news earlyer and said he didnt mean any of it, it was all "sarcasm"!!!!!! yeah alright,geoff,if u say so!!!the man obviously hasnt taken his medication. theres more of the same rubbish on the rovers forum,even one saying that they can still make the playoffs!!!!!!! with onono and matthews up front the only place they are going is the conference.those two couldnt score in la manga ;):D:( lets just hope they sign bell,that way, with his and matthews combined pie bill theyl be in administration by the end of the month! :(:D:D

I am 42 years old and remember 82 like it was yesterday...I still wake up at night sweating after dreaming about the team of teenagers we had to field after the departure of the eight (never forget who we owe)....

Today I read the thread and was for a couple of minutes contemplating a short message of support to Dunsford (a man I genuinely feel sorry for at the moment) but after a little thought everything came back to me how they gloated at our team and they loved every minute of our pain....Never forget who we owe.

The conference dare to dream................

It makes a change from hearing a certain manager come out with the seemingly repetitive #### after every City performance.

So what would you rather hear? The mad gibberings of someone like Hollowhead? Or calm, rational thought? I know what I'd rather...

I am 42 years old and remember 82 like it was yesterday...I still wake up at night sweating after dreaming about the team of teenagers we had to field after the departure of the eight (never forget who we owe)....

Today I read the thread and was for a couple of minutes contemplating a short message of support to Dunsford (a man I genuinely feel sorry for at the moment) but after a little thought everything came back to me how they gloated at our team and they loved every minute of our pain....Never forget who we owe.

Not only that but Rovers were circling like vultures hoping to get their hands on Ashton Gate when City were out the way.

The gasheads were rubbing their hands at City's plight then, so not one ounce of sympathy for them now.

They're not going to go bust, unfortunately, but hopefully they can't dodge the Conference for ever.

QUOTE (REDOXO @ Mar 14 2004, 09:37 PM)

Not only that but Rovers were circling like vultures hoping to get their hands on Ashton Gate when City were out the way.

The gasheads were ubbing their hands at City's plight then, so not one ounce of sympathy for them now.

They're not going to go bust, unfortunately, but hopefully they can't dodge the Conference for ever.

Been trying to resist replying to this all day but these posts brought all those terrible memories of 82 flooding back.

At work those snide comments of "ASHTON GATE will look good with blue seats" and others behind your back, dropping to the fourth then fighting back only to surrender the title to a bloke with a dead badger on his head.

Lets finnish the b******s off now or they WILL come back to haunt us.

JUMP AROUND WE'RE HAVING A LAUGH..........

JUMP AROUND WE LOVE CITY :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: ;)

oh what fun :D;)

but at least dunford is honest :(

seems ted pitman is in the gas bad books putting his

foot in it with them quotes on soccer sunday... love it..

"I am ashamed I have put in half a million pounds to act as club banker"

hmmmm with all those million pound plus players they have sold

over the years they should be better off than us?

nigal martin, barry hales, jason roberts, jamie cureton, gary penrice,

nathan ellington, to name but a few all went for big money now

they have hardly broke the bank on players in as much as they coined

it selling them out..

IMAG0002.GIF

Read it can,t believe it what a disgrace. 2 so called City fans actually wished him all the best. I can,t remember them doing that when we were that far down or do we all have short memories. I want them to go down I can,t wait to say I support the 2 biggest teams in Bristol. ie City and Mangotsfield. As for sympathy none You don,t sell the strikers the,ve had and hope to survive
Get real will ya!!

He has one hell of a valid point in all this: his teams players aint doing the business. They aint the only club with players not pulling their weight are they? There has been the odd comment on this and many other forums about players picking the wages up and doing ##** all for their club.

He also shows passion for his club, I think SL has as much, but is more careful in his wording, but as someone else on this thread says we are lucky in Briz both clubs have passionate chairmen, rather than faceless accountants. his outspoken views are a refreshing change form the pitch/wind/rain/slope/rub of the green #### we frequently hear

I dont give a ###### bout Rovers, but remember we were there in 82, and yeah they didnt give a ##**- why lower ourselves to their ###### standards??? Get over it, we have moved on and up (Granted very slowly, by moving on never the less!!)Besides we all know loads of gasheads wish us well, seeing past the pointless bull****.

This local rivalry actually holds both Bristol clubs back, because of its intensity, and while I enjoy the struggle they are in, we spend far too much time dwelling on it.

Reserve your venom for Swinedead, or PlyMOUTH. Rovers aint rivals at the moment, and on the face of this, not for a while either.

end of sermon.. and wait for the venom now then....................

Archived