IGNORED

Dunford Cracks Up

BournemouthRed

Now, of course it's very sad that Rovers have got themselves into such a state. And it's wrong to laugh at those less fortunate than you. And a middle-aged man on the verge of a nervous breakdown is no laughing matter.

Nonetheless............

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6037

It's about halfway down.

;):D:(:(:D:D:D:D:clap::D:D:D:D

I'm not going to laugh at a man clearly in emotional pain.In fact I admire the fact that he took the time to firstly read the Forum and secondly reply in the way he did with his heart on his sleeve.Very emotive stuff.

He may regret it later...but it proves that some Chairman do care as much as the fans about their particular club.

If any City fans what to gloat over the Rovers plight - then please don't use this particular link to do it.

I can only think of 1982 when city were staring down the barrel and the Rovers vultures were circling and cackling......

oh how sweet is revenge.

I hope they go down.

Carlisle are on a great run and on form leave the Gas miles behind. They are however 10 points behind which is a lot with 10 games left. Macclesfield are 8 points behind and are playing cack. I think the Gas will somehow just get enough points to survive, but I sincerely hope they don't and go down to the conference.

• Admin

I was talking to a couple of loyal sagheads this week, they usually have a reasoned view on things and they are both convinced that even if they had Arsene Wenger in charge that nothing would change whilst they retain the current squad.

"The players are terrible, no skill, no passion", they are really upset at the Aggogo farce, £100,000 and Grazioli and now Grazioli has something like 26 goals this season.

The best comment was by one of their little lads, " Dad, why do we come to watch this every week, we could go and watch the City"

I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of the sagheads suffering, its payback time for all the gloating in '82.

I'm not going to laugh at a man clearly in emotional pain.In fact I admire the fact that he took the time to firstly read the Forum and secondly reply in the way he did with his heart on his sleeve.Very emotive stuff.

He may regret it later...but it proves that some Chairman do care as much as the fans about their particular club.

If any City fans what to gloat over the Rovers plight - then please don't use this particular link to do it.

A Chairman caring about the fans is one thing. A Chairman allowing his emotions to get carried away and posting what good has done there is quite another.

I read it and found it funny. I read it again and found it funny. I still find it funny.

You might not, fair enough but I bet a fair few do!

Emotional pain, emotional schmain. The bloke's a grown man for goodness sake!

Seems others who have replied on this thread agree with me.......

;)

Which one CAN we use then, please tell, it must be a real cracker ;)
My point - which seems to have been missed - is that I find it distastefull to mock a man when he's obviously in a stressed and emotional state.Clearly when Dunford wrote that post he was upset and angry at the personel critism and yesterdays thrashing.

I'll laugh at the Rovers players,managers and fans along with most City supporters,but I won't ridicule and laugh at a man when he's distressed.

What makes me laugh is the headlines they put out every week, you know ,classics like "Lets make this fortress Mem"(lose next home game) " It's time to put up or shut up" (Agogo talking about SOME players NOT PUTTING IT ALL IN),

"We can make the play-offs now" (**!!4*) and this weeks classic "We are psyochlogicly stronger than other teams, we can handle the pressure" (Yeovil)

Why don't they just shut up and get on with it?

What the Gas fans don't need is a sob story from a chairman hoping for a bit of sympathy.

Ultimately, the buck stops with the chairman and he is the one who will be expected to lead the club out of the crisis.

If he can't do the job, as he appears to have admitted he can't, then he should move aside and let someone else try.

Personally, I have no time for the Dunfords (the son or the father), whom I feel have been instrumental in the club's downward spiral during their tenure.

As far as I can see, the only way to save the Gas is to get in some new senior management.

I personally would not gloat over that particular thread, Dunford has poured heart and soul into that club, the fact remains he is not a teriffically rich man, he pales into insignificance when compared to any of our board. He has put in all he could afford, like the two that were forced out after Davidson went, can't remeber their names but neither put that much money in but i know for a fact one of them remortgaged their house to put more money in when we were failing.

I will gloat over rovers current situation because that's what they did in 82, they wanted us to go to the wall, and i want them to go to the wall as well, but i feel it is not on when their Chairman is so obviously in pain, and can think of nothign else to do. He has allowed managers to buy players, sold who they didn't want, he has bowed to the fans at every opportunity. the fact that the Rovers fans are now having a go at him because he gave them what they wanted, is frankly a disgrace.

I'll laugh at the Rovers players,managers and fans along with most City supporters,but I won't ridicule and laugh at a man when he's distressed.
Ohhh, you just pick on people 'til they cry, then you stop.

My point - which seems to have been missed - is that I find it distastefull to mock a man when he's obviously in a stressed and emotional state.Clearly when Dunford wrote that post he was upset and angry at the personel critism and yesterdays thrashing.

I'm not laughing at that mans state of mental health, a couple of good mates are REAL gasheads and follow them everywhere, they are in a right state!

No, I'm just cracking up at concept of BRFC in general in the ######!

Guest zider_head

if that is really hjiw writing that I'm numder one shocked and number two feel sorry for the bloke he obviously cares alot otherwise he wouldnt bank roll them like he does, steve and the other directors do it for us.

I also think it wasnt the most professional thing he ever has done some of these quotes will come back to haunt him i feel :-

"I am ashamed I feel sorry for Phil Bater."

yeah good way to get behind the manager there

"I am ashamed I supported our last Manager, who let us down so very badly, and told me on many occasions he was not a cheat!"

I'm no lawer but i expect graydon could sue for that ???

"I am ashamed I cannot go out at night and enjoy myself."

sounds like a clip from a samaritans call ?

"I am ashamed I have wasted 17 years of my life for this football club"

Oh dear - some might say well go then we dont want you anyway ?

"I am ashamed I have put in half a million pounds to act as club banker"

see above

"I am ashamed I have put in personal guarantees putting my house on the line house."

How many die hard surrporters would do that for rovers ? be honest would you ?

"I am ashamed I hurt so much after watching some of our players rolling over and die during todays game."

Players WONT like that

Guest rossitl

Wow this must be unique - I have never seen such an open outburst from a league chairman.

good needs to take stock of his life so far and get out if it is affecting his life this much

Half a million over 17 years? that's not alot?  ;)
Excellent TFE. I'm sure Mr Lansdown is looking forward to your cheque for £500,000 to support the club you love. If you can't quite get hold of all that cash in one go (you've probably got it tied up in property and investments) then I'm sure he'd take £30,000 a year for the next 17 years. How nice to know you've got that sort of cash to spare. It is, as you so rightly say, not a lot. :D

I read it last night, and found it highly amusing. They couldn't give a flying french connection uk about us in 1982. They seem to want to bring up "82" as much as they can. Why shouldn't we enjoy this moment?

Having said that, not every club has a chairmen that will give up their own time to read through the Fans Forum and answer questions. In that respect both Bristol clubs are lucky. For a chairman to come onto his clubs forum and post something like that, I have to admit that in reading that I respect the man a bit more than I did before.

He may now regret it, but it's too late now. The Rovers fans will be aware of it, just as we are, and you can be assured that the local papers are also aware of it.

It's here in full:

Please note that Mr Dunford uses the word "ashamed" throughout this article, which may prove overpowering.

Substitute the following examples from thesaurus.com as appropriate.

abashed, apologetic, bashful, blushing, chagrined, compunctious, conscience-stricken, contrite, crestfallen, debased, demeaned, discomfited, disconcerted, distraught, distressed, embarrassed, flustered, guilty, hesitant, humble, humbled, humiliated, meek, mortified, muddled, penitent, regretful, reluctant, remorseful, repentant, shamed, shamefaced, sheepish, shy, sorry, stammering, stuttering, submissive

Kind regards

Green 'Un

Geoff Dunford Posted: Mar 13 2004, 11:31 PM

Chairman

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 78

RE: You Should Be Ashamed Geoff Dunford !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am ashamed,

I am ashamed I have wasted 17 years of my life for this football club,

I am ashamed I have put in half a million pounds to act as club banker

I am ashamed I have put in personal guarantees putting my house on the line house.

I am ashamed I have people in my employment working on club matters.

I am ashamed I attended a Sportsmans dinner as guest of the club auditors instead of going to Leyton Orient.

I am ashamed I have to sometimes put my family and my work before the club on rare occasions.

I am ashamed I hurt so much after watching some of our players rolling over and die during todays game.

I am ashamed I supported our last Manager, who let us down so very badly, and told me on many occasions he was not a cheat!

I am ashamed I feel sorry for Phil Bater.

I am ashamed that people think I want all of this #### from people with hurt pride like myself who feel they can give me abuse.

I am ashamed I cannot go out at night and enjoy myself.

I am ashamed I agree with you that if the players cannot be bothered why should the supporters and Directors?

I am ashamed I am typing this now when I swore I would give myself 24 hours to cool down...........

After today's performance I am ashamed to be Chairman of Bristol Rovers Football Club.

Archived