IGNORED

Johnson happy with current squad?

SimplyRed

"...They're keeping their options open, as people do during the transfer window. If we get them in that's great, if we don't then I'm happy with this group of players."

Some ambition, eh? :whistle2::disapointed2se:

He can hardly turn round and say "well to be honest I've got no midfield, Enoch and Brooker are so unfit I'll be lucky to get another half a dozen games out of them, Jevons is playing $h1te and Basso cant catch a cold and if we don't replace these muppets we've got bugger all chance of promotion" can he?

I am sure that Gary Johnson knows exactly what is required in terms of playing squad additions in order to achieve automatic promotion (or even promotion via the pray-offs for that matter). If he GENUINELY thinks he can do it with the current squad and no improvements made then we should all be worried.

"...They're keeping their options open, as people do during the transfer window. If we get them in that's great, if we don't then I'm happy with this group of players."

Mr Johnson is our manager.

Never had the chance to manage a club of our size.

Is he doing ok?

Well sort of.

Will he get found out.YES

Can he deal in the transfer market.............NO

Playoffs at best, sorry

Mr Johnson is our manager.

Never had the chance to manage a club of our size.

Is he doing ok?

Well sort of.

Will he get found out.YES

Can he deal in the transfer market.............NO

Playoffs at best, sorry

Its all about ambition.

Some Fans think Play Offs are great others think mid-table in the Championship is acceptable.

Johnson is a good League1/2 Manager nothing more... why because he hasnt proved it.

If you think we have to be signing players every 5 minutes to show ambition, then its a very far fetched view.

We have a good team spirit for once, and I don't think Johnson wants to upset current players who have worked hard for their place.

Yesterday showed that our strikers can do the business, and we have Myrie-Williams and Enoch for the left. Its not ideal but I doubt we can find anything better at the moment or maybe you could suggest someone rather then just demanding a signing?

If you're going to talk about ambition, I think it was there in abundance yesterday and if it wasn't for some dodgy defending we would be in the next round of the FA Cup.

If you think we have to be signing players every 5 minutes to show ambition, then its a very far fetched view.

We have a good team spirit for once, and I don't think Johnson wants to upset current players who have worked hard for their place.

Yesterday showed that our strikers can do the business, and we have Myrie-Williams and Enoch for the left. Its not ideal but I doubt we can find anything better at the moment or maybe you could suggest someone rather then just demanding a signing?

If you're going to talk about ambition, I think it was there in abundance yesterday and if it wasn't for some dodgy defending we would be in the next round of the FA Cup.

Don't believe a word of what GJ said. I don't know the bloke but will guarantee you now that he is looking to strengthen our squad. Why is he looking to do that? Because he isn't stupid enough to think it doesn't need strengthening. We will get players in!!

Where was the ambition the other week against Bournemouth?

Where was the ambition the other week against Bournemouth?

Maybe you should go and support Man Utd, because anyone with half a footballing brain knows that a team can't perform 100% week in week out.

All teams have their off days, Forest included!

If you expect a win and 100% ambition every week then I think its time you took off you're rose tinted glasses!

Also, I don't think anyone can fault the player's efforts this season, even when we are losing.

He can hardly turn round and say "well to be honest I've got no midfield, Enoch and Brooker are so unfit I'll be lucky to get another half a dozen games out of them, Jevons is playing $h1te and Basso cant catch a cold and if we don't replace these muppets we've got bugger all chance of promotion" can he?

I am sure that Gary Johnson knows exactly what is required in terms of playing squad additions in order to achieve automatic promotion (or even promotion via the pray-offs for that matter). If he GENUINELY thinks he can do it with the current squad and no improvements made then we should all be worried.

Sarcasm is unnecessary in order to make your point.

Of course he's not going to say that, but what's wrong with putting on record that you would be disappointed if you couldn't get anybody in to improve the squad during the Window?

Let's face it, his dealings with the Transfer Window last year wasn't much to shout home about, and now he's preparing the punters for disappointment in case he fails again!

I don't think you'll find one fan that would say our squad is complete and everyone has their own idea what sort of player(s) we need, but for Johnson to go on record saying he would be happy to see out the season with the current squad is, at least, questionable and possibly encouraging a negative outlook.

Of course he's not going to say that, but what's wrong with putting on record that you would be disappointed if you couldn't get anybody in to improve the squad during the Window?

Let's face it, his dealings with the Transfer Window last year wasn't much to shout home about, and now he's preparing the punters for disappointment in case he fails again!

I don't think you'll find one fan that would say our squad is complete and everyone has their own idea what sort of player(s) we need, but for Johnson to go on record saying he would be happy to see out the season with the current squad is, at least, questionable and possibly encouraging a negative outlook.

I think you took my reply the wrong way. I was not having a dig at you - just making the point that he has to be very careful in what he says publically as the players read papers as well.

Not wanting to upset current players? Don't make me laugh! If Johnson was half the manager that he likes people to think he is, he wouldn't give two hoots about upsetting players.

I'm not demanding a signing nor am I questioning the ambition of the team during a game. What I am questioning is Johnson's apparent ease with his current squad. Yes, he says in the article that he has irons in the fire for a couple of players, but what worries me is the point I made about being happy with the current squad if it doesn't materialise.

Let me put it this way - How would you feel if we didn;t make any decent signing during the Transfer Window?

There's nothing sarcastic in that post, he is stating a fact. If Johnson was come out and say this squad was below par and unlikely to achieve anything, the players would take a huge knock. He has to keep the language positive to keep the confidence level up.

Like you I would like to see a couple of additions to areas of the squad, areas that Johnson himself has highlighted, but this transfer window doesn't seem to me to be the ideal opportunity to improve things. At worst you can buy players for inflated fees that you would get for free in June.

The deal and the player have to be right for the club otherwise Johnson is right to keep the wallet closed.

Maybe you should go and support Man Utd, because anyone with half a footballing brain knows that a team can't perform 100% week in week out.

All teams have their off days, Forest included!

If you expect a win and 100% ambition every week then I think its time you took off you're rose tinted glasses!

Also, I don't think anyone can fault the player's efforts this season, even when we are losing.

Any team wanting Automatic Promotion would expect to beat Bournemouth at home.

Its not about effort its about delivering. If I payed for City I would give 200% effort... it means nothing.

Ambition stems from the manager

let's be honest, we don't want panic signings we want decent quality players who are availabl, if he can't get the right players, he'd rather sign none, instead of someone, that "might" be ok.

Johnson has PROVED in the transfer market that he can find good players, Noble, Fontaine & McCombe are all very good signings that we have had to pay, players like Jevons, Enoch, McAllister and Johnson have all proved to be very very good free transfers! and yet people moan that he isn't good enough in the transfer! :disapointed2se:

Its not about effort its about delivering. If I payed for City I would give 200% effort... it means nothing.

funny you should mention that last time we got promoted what was our result at home against Bournemouth?

a disapointing draw

Not wanting to upset current players? Don't make me laugh! If Johnson was half the manager that he likes people to think he is, he wouldn't give two hoots about upsetting players.

I'm not demanding a signing nor am I questioning the ambition of the team during a game. What I am questioning is Johnson's apparent ease with his current squad. Yes, he says in the article that he has irons in the fire for a couple of players, but what worries me is the point I made about being happy with the current squad if it doesn't materialise.

Let me out it this way - How would you feel if we didn;t make any decent signing during the Transfer Window?

Although I would be slightly disappointed, I certainly don't think it would be the end of our season.

We are 3 points from the top of the league with our current squad. You must also take into consideration that Brooker has been out for a long period. Shuwumni and Brown also out for a while to name a few.

We also have players who I expect to improve. I'm hoping to see more from M-Williams, Johnson, Skuse etc. If a few can up their game then it will be effectively just as crucial as signing a player.

If the squad we have now stays relatively fit I have no doubts that we can finish in the top 2.

There's nothing sarcastic in that post, he is stating a fact. If Johnson was come out and say this squad was below par and unlikely to achieve anything, the players would take a huge knock. He has to keep the language positive to keep the confidence level up.

Like you I would like to see a couple of additions to areas of the squad, areas that Johnson himself has highlighted, but this transfer window doesn't seem to me to be the ideal opportunity to improve things. At worst you can buy players for inflated fees that you would get for free in June.

The deal and the player have to be right for the club otherwise Johnson is right to keep the wallet closed.

So this is not sarcasm then? :dunno:

"

Other managers find it very easy and feel within their rights to state whether they need new blood, why not Johnson? Players can't expect to be irreplaceable - it's partially what spurs them to a performance on the pitch.

I see nothing wrong with saying that you would be disappointed if you couldn't improve the squad in the transfer window. To say that he would be happy with the current squad if nothing happened is, in my opinion, a cop-out.

let's be honest, we don't want panic signings we want decent quality players who are availabl, if he can't get the right players, he'd rather sign none, instead of someone, that "might" be ok.

Johnson has PROVED in the transfer market that he can find good players, Noble, Fontaine & McCombe are all very good signings that we have had to pay, players like Jevons, Enoch, McAllister and Johnson have all proved to be very very good free transfers! and yet people moan that he isn't good enough in the transfer! :disapointed2se:

I'm not suggesting that Johnson should panic buy, nor have I criticised the signings you mention. See my reply to Hornbeamred...

Manchester United expect to win the title, however they lose away to West Ham - a team they expect to beat.

You can say that about any team, I don't really understand you're point TBH.

So your happy picking up a point against Bournemouth?

No, but I'm not going to dwell on it.

It was a disappointing result, Bournemouth were clearly on a bad run so had a lot to prove which probably didn't help.

Despite the abysmal first half we showed great ambition coming back to draw the game even with the intimidating home crowd.

After being 2-0 down, yes.

Exactly.

It was a disappointing result, Bournemouth were clearly on a bad run so had a lot to prove which probably didn't help.

Despite the abysmal first half we showed great ambition coming back to draw the game even with the intimidating home crowd.

Exactly.

Thats the difference between me and you then fella.

Exactly.

It was dissapointin to go 2-0 down, and I think we should have won comfortably..

But this is the same team who played us off the pitch not too long ago, they might have just had a decent game for once..

Cant complain with a draw in those conditions.

So your happy picking up a point against Bournemouth?

No, never happy with dropping points at home, but all teams do it, if you look the table and the win, draw and losses compared to other teams in this league, I can't see how anyone can seriously complain about our form

1 S****horpe United 26 14 7 5 38 20 18 49

2 Oldham Athletic 26 14 6 6 45 21 24 48

3 Nottingham Forest 26 14 6 6 35 25 10 48

4 Bristol City 26 13 7 6 35 25 10 46

5 Yeovil Town 26 12 9 5 34 23 11 45

6 Swansea City 26 12 6 8 42 29 13 42

we have won, one less game that the top we and lost one more than the top team, and drawn only one more than anyone.

looking at the top 5 in this league, this league is WIDE OPEN

Archived