IGNORED

Believe

Godzilla

Damn Good Shout, Sick to death of the constant and on many occasions totally unjustified stick/abuse that Johnson, the team and the club as a whole get on here, some people seriously tend to believe that they know alot more about football than people actually employed to do the job within the club.

On a side note, I thought I was special when Madger sent me instructions yesterday on how to use the siggy, still at least I am a trend setting and not a flock follower!

Have you not seen the other part of your signature?!

Whilst applauding your intention in the areas you outline & discuss, I would ask you to be careful that you don't consolidate this Forum into factions.

Happy Clappy-Realistic-Believers-Moaners-Take Your Pic.

I won't be including your signature, not because I disagree with a number of the points you make, more because my opinions are mine and don't reflect the views of the club, the board or other fans.This forum is read by many but the majority of the fans at AG probably don't read it and many have never heard of it.

I'll change my mind if I want and I'll always praise and criticise as I always have.I'm not a GJ or SL fan.Neither am I a detractor or oblivious of their acheivements.The same applies to the players and I have no favourites.If they're good, they're good.If they stink then I say so and why.Others do the same and I don't have a problem with it.GJ has made numerous good decisions and I have pointed that out at the time.GJ, like all other managers, has made some poor ones and pointing that out doesn't make you dangerous or an agent provovateur as he and some others would have it.

In the same way the medias job is to report what they see-Not support the manager/chairman at all costs like some govt owned press in some tinpot dictatorship.

The people that niggle me are the "You said six months ago" merchants and the dangerous people are those that offer unconditional support because they lack the nouse to see that can lead the club into crisis.Disenting voices, providing that disent is reasoned and open to discussion are a good thing on balance.

I don't like people, for example, who pick on LJ becuase he's the managers son.By all means criticise the lad as a player-That's fair ,providing it's in equal measure to the other players and takes into account all the player does, good & bad.

We all want the club to do well.

All we disagree on is the best way to do it.........plus the EE, MS, Premier Club and a few other things.

Keep smiling :city::city:

I applaud the sentiments behind this initiative. The amount of whingeing negativity on here and at Ashton Gate has been a bugbear of mine for years. Of course no-one is above criticism, and football being the passionate game it is, sometimes those views will be firmly expressed. But I am convinced that some City fans only find some personal level of fulfillment when they are deeply miserable. I believe!

Whilst applauding your intention in the areas you outline & discuss, I would ask you to be careful that you don't consolidate this Forum into factions.

I won't be including your signature, not because I disagree with a number of the points you make, more because my opinions are mine and don't reflect the views of the club, the board or other fans.This forum is read by many but the majority of the fans at AG probably don't read it and many have never heard of it.

I'll change my mind if I want and I'll always praise and criticise as I always have.I'm not a GJ or SL fan.Neither am I a detractor or oblivious of their acheivements.The same applies to the players and I have no favourites.If they're good, they're good.If they stink then I say so and why.Others do the same and I don't have a problem with it.GJ has made numerous good decisions and I have pointed that out at the time.GJ, like all other managers, has made some poor ones and pointing that out doesn't make you dangerous or an agent provovateur as he and some others would have it.

In the same way the medias job is to report what they see-Not support the manager/chairman at all costs like some govt owned press in some tinpot dictatorship.

The people that niggle me are the "You said six months ago" merchants and the dangerous people are those that offer unconditional support because they lack the nouse to see that can lead the club into crisis.Disenting voices, providing that disent is reasoned and open to discussion are a good thing on balance.

I don't like people, for example, who pick on LJ becuase he's the managers son.By all means criticise the lad as a player-That's fair ,providing it's in equal measure to the other players and takes into account all the player does, good & bad.

All we disagree on is the best way to do it.........plus the EE, MS, Premier Club and a few other things.

I have to be honest when I say that on many occasions 'Bristol Boy' justifiably earns his 'Most Annoying' Silver Medal, in my eyes he was perhaps due more recognition in this field than he actually got. :devil:

However the above is an excellent post, I agree with and very much respect the sentiments expressed.

Having said this I shall update my signature accordingly as the levels of consistent, unnecessary negativity on these boards often leave me gritting my teeth whilst unsure if I'm imagining that we are 1 win off the top and still in 2 cups.

Like Jimmy, I think you make some excellent points, actually.

I think the point of the excercise, whilst being slightly tongue-in-cheek as much as anything, is to try and get fans to come together and be as positive as possible in supporting GJ and his players over what is a crucial period for our football club.

As I point out, nobody is immune from criticism and every one of us has the right to voice an opinion whether it's negative or positive. But as you say, it's all about balance and it would be nice to see a little more of that.

Believe! :cool:

Agreed BB - I won't be adding it either for much the same reasons as you.

I will BELIEVE when we get there and not before - 100% support - yes ! Pay for my season ticket up front - yes !

Never slag off a player because of who he is related to - yes !

Never boo at AG other than the ref - yes !

Point out the obvious weaknesses - yes !

Put up with board insults for not thinking GJ has proved anything yet - yes !

State that the game has been great entertainment or not - yes !

But BELIEVE - fraid not - too many season tickets paid for over too many seasons to be so blindly over optimistic !

I like what Godzilla and friends have tried to do as well but it has made me put finger to keyboard about a couple of things that I've been thinking lately about this subject.

First. As far back as I can remember City supporters have always been moaners. You can see from my ID that I've supported City a long time and I've also been reading up about the era before my time. A City captain from the early 1950s, for instance, was reported as saying that "playing at Ashton Gate is more like playing in front of a jury than a crowd of supporters". So I conclude from that that there's nothing new in what we hear now.

Second. Are we any worse than many other places? I am pretty well travelled to other grounds and overall I would say that the bigger the club, the bigger the expectations and the bigger the moans. Conversely, I remember going to Chesterfield when they were bottom when Tistimitanu scored. The Chesterfield supporters never got on the backs of their players once in the whole game even though their team as a whole was rubbish. And although places like Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester have had a reputuation for supporting their team no matter what when you are there you can hear loads of moans. I think moaning is a way that a lot of people let off steam, so AG will continue to be an outlet for it. Many individual moans will nly be picked up by those round the moaner - that's why GJ was reacting to possibl;y one or maybe two people at the Oreient match when they appeared to be criticising Lee. What is more damaging is when groups of supporters boo their own team or manager. I find myself very uncomfortable listening to that. Why not just score an own goal ?

Third. Lots of the focus of the negativity is here on the forum. Its has been much worse here than at Ashton Gate. I think some players and staff have read what was on here and may still do but I don't think the forum as a whole influences much of what goes on in the club and if the forum is overly negative then I am pleased that it doesn;t influnce the club..

Fourth - and the reason I support Godzilla in his efforts - is that psychologically people do better when praised or supported. That's why in the whole history of football more matches are won by home teams every season than away. Therefore home support makes a difference to the score. Therefore anything that is done to support our team vocally will help our team win. Since we ARE a big club in league one in terms of support we can make a difference home and away. It doesn't make real sense as to why City supporters would try to undermine what City are trying to achieve, by moaning and whinging and therefore possibly detrimentally affecting team performance. Some say "I pay my money so I am entitled to comment". I prefer to bite my tongue when City are playing badly and use my vocal support as much possible otherwise.

Well, that's my take on things anyway

good luck with it, you'll need it :farmer:

i'm trying to belive but at this moment in time i'll stay here.

belive3bo7.jpg

seen too many if only's to last a life time.

To right, what will be, will be; we all want promotion but cant quite see a sig will tip the scales :dunno:

Guest MaloneFM

I thought thats what we were voting for.

Home come you can't get those anymore? Where did the Walkers salt and Lineker and cheese and Owen flavours go as well?

Can anyone spell 'marketing ploy disguised as support?'

i just want to point out that i think people wanting to be positive is good,

i got no problem with that and Madger signature is very good and i am not

having a go at fellow fans, what i'm saying is the stand i want to sit in is shut,

only to fans of the future when the atyeo stand is a family stand,

my fav player is getting splinters in is arse (not playing) letters dished out

to where i sit when other stands stand without problem etc

so i'm feeling a bit frustrated from my point of view, my picture was representing that view and not

a dig at fellow fans who wish to be positive and i don't want to fish out this thread

as a certain few posters do on EE threads thats not my intention.

lets hope you get what you wish for ie: PROMOTION.

Just a bit coltish and clonish for my liking man - whatever though, the underlying principle's admirable and the aesthetics are praise worthy.

I believe because I'm a believing sort of chap because what is a chap without belief? May as well pack it all in right now without belief.

''...walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain though your dreams be tossed and blown - walk on, walk on with hope in your heart and You'll Never Walk Alone...'' as the classic anthem goes....

Only wish this passion was habitually evident on matchdays at Ashton Gate.

open the east end

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

It's apparent that you have some connections with the club?

It says that you work on World & so much be well in with the City crowd.

This is the sort of thing I have done to well impress my boss on our internal intranet.

Bet you got a few pat on the backs when you got into work after this post.

:whistle2:

For my part, I reckon this is our season & there is something about Gary Johnson's approach that makes me feel that something is going to happen.

I hope its promotion, but it could well be a decent cup run.

We as fans really do need to give it 100% & as showed on Saturday with real positive backing we can help to drive the team on.

Watching Liverpool tonite it was amazing to hear the kop still singing after their team was 6-3 down.

Godzilla, we are going to keep the faith - this IS our season

Archived