IGNORED

Believe

Godzilla

Agreed BB - I won't be adding it either for much the same reasons as you.

I will BELIEVE when we get there and not before - 100% support - yes ! Pay for my season ticket up front - yes !

Never slag off a player because of who he is related to - yes !

Never boo at AG other than the ref - yes !

Point out the obvious weaknesses - yes !

Put up with board insults for not thinking GJ has proved anything yet - yes !

State that the game has been great entertainment or not - yes !

But BELIEVE - fraid not - too many season tickets paid for over too many seasons to be so blindly over optimistic !

Thats the spirit!!! I bet Christmas was fun at your house

The people that niggle me are the "You said six months ago" merchants

Is that because we were right and you were wrong? Oh I forgot, you've reserved the right to change your mind - how convienient!

I don't like people, for example, who pick on LJ becuase he's the managers son.By all means criticise the lad as a player-That's fair ,providing it's in equal measure to the other players and takes into account all the player does, good & bad.

Agreed.

Watching Liverpool tonite it was amazing to hear the kop still singing after their team was 6-3 down.

This is the key for me. I bet the bars and forums at Liverpool are packed tonight with people slagging off the manager, the players etc. That's not surprising, given the result and the performance, and they have every right to express their opinions.

But what the Liverpool fans recognise is that when the players are out there on the pitch, they are far more likely to perform better if they are being vocally supported instead of being booed or slagged off for every minor mistake or misplaced pass.

But I am convinced that some City fans only find some personal level of fulfillment when they are deeply miserable.

There's a different kind of fulfillment? :o

Whilst I applaud this initiative, I'm uncomfortable with the use of the word "Believe". As an agnostic it has too much religious overtones. Plus, I'm sure that Basso will be offended by the misappropriation of his deeply held convictions.

Also, as he's not wearing both gloves I'm sure there's a health and safety issue.

Guest ashtonyate

The Happy clappis have got together well done,but the truth is wheather you belive or not its the team that is fielded that get rusults not if you belive or not.

In truth if you have belived or not the last 8/9years people have back a under performing team of no hopers.Johnson seems to going in the right direction.Then i though that about Wilson for the first 2 1/2 years

Also if you take the Cricket in auss don't matter what you do England ant going to win anythink down under

Belive it when you see it
With City My Moto is

This is the key for me. I bet the bars and forums at Liverpool are packed tonight with people slagging off the manager, the players etc. That's not surprising, given the result and the performance, and they have every right to express their opinions.

But what the Liverpool fans recognise is that when the players are out there on the pitch, they are far more likely to perform better if they are being vocally supported instead of being booed or slagged off for every minor mistake or misplaced pass.

That must be why the Liverpool fans loudly booed their team off at half time.

I was expecting the singing of "You'll never walk alone" at the end, but in fact it was very half hearted and sung by a only a small percentage of the large crowd.

Many "superb Liverpool fans" in fact walked out a half time.

Compare this support from fans who have witnessed their team in the top league for most of their lifetimes and who have WON major trophies so often. Then remember the support of the City fans last season when we were several goals down at home, 2,000 got up to leave and the other 8-9,000 sung more loudly and passionately for the rest of the game than almost 40,000 Liverpool fans last night.

Yet we City fans have no bulging trophy cabinet or 40 years of continual top flight success to give us belief that another dire home defeat and miserable season will be just a blip in the bigger picture of continuous success.

I certainly heard huge roars of disapproval towards Liverpool players at misplaced passes in the 2nd half last night.

Yes the Liverpool 'you'll never walk alone' was subdued, but many still sang. The commentator said something like they were 'proud fans and the club should be proud of them'.

Are we proud fans? Are the club proud of us?

It would be great to sing and shout and clap from the first whistle to the last, whatever happens to see what the reaction is. Can we be the 12th man without the Eastend?

I'm all for the Eastend reopening, but it looks unlikely so we'll have to manage without. It was pointed out that the Bristol & Bath rugby fans made a good atmosphere. We can do it when we have to, Hartlepool etc.

Cup games seem to have a better atmosphere, can we we create that for league games?

The bloke who reads the bbc news on breakfast tv, Bill someone, is a wycombe fan. They interviewed him after the last carling cup round. He said his voice was hoarse through singing and shouting. Also his shoulder was really aching as the fans had started clapping from kick off and carried on all match. He believed this engineered their victory.

Can't we try the same, please. I'm tired of waiting for 'cosmic' football as GJ calls it to be played before I get excited. Time to give the players a lead and show them how it's done. I'm prepared to ache for my team are you?

I really like the idea of this campaign of positive support. I've done an alternative version of the footer (with apologies to Madger and Godzilla).

If you like it, feel free to use it. Here's the code:

[img=http://www.boadle.com/bcfc/believe_footer.jpg]

Lewis

If today's result and performance doesn't do it for anyone then I sympathise with them.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Todays result and performance was wonderfull; BUT the season does not end today, if it did I would believe as we are second :dunno:

Winning laps is fine but first or second over the line is what matters; thanks for your sympathy but don't need it :farmer:

• Admin
Todays result and performance was wonderfull; BUT the season does not end today, if it did I would believe as we are second :dunno:

Winning laps is fine but first or second over the line is what matters; thanks for your sympathy but don't need it :farmer:

That's all fine and well but I've seen the difference in your "tone" on here lately ;)

You're just as excited by our form as the rest of us :tongue:

That's all fine and well but I've seen the difference in your "tone" on here lately ;)

You're just as excited by our form as the rest of us :tongue:

Maybe; but its best not to build yourself up to much for a fall ; it hurts as we all know to well; so close yet so far before, quite a few times;

We do SEEM to have a not bad team and manager; now if we could just get back in the :shutup: End :banana: we would have a good hand.

A year on, and we find ourselves in a similar position.

Despite the poor result on Saturday I hope everyone still believes at this crucial time!

I believe always had more so now but having supported city since the Terry cooper era I'm not going to stop believing them now.

I will admit my belief has wavered from time to time but i have never had so much belief in our team or the manager for that matter.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls

A flower grows

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night

A candle glows

I believe for every pass that goes astray, Brooker will come

To show the way

I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm a Basso prayer

Can still be heard

I believe that GJ in the home dugout

Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,