IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Nibor

I was extremely impressed with Cole Skuse today.

Having done well in his last few games off the bench he got a well deserved start today and went about the game with remarkable energy and application.

He seems to have worked very hard to change some things about his game that I've seen as weaknesses in the past.

He got forward more and broke into the box several times, chased the ball down much more vigour almost creating a goal when he closed down the keeper in the second half, he was much more creative in his passing without losing the ball much, and was stronger in the tackle.

He made a mistake giving away the second goal and I was gutted for him because I thought that would be the end of his excellent display because his confidence would have been shattered. Boy was I wrong, he came out in the second half and did all of the above and more - the best response to a mistake I've seen for a long time.

Well done Cole, well earned man of the match, keep up the hard work and maybe we've found the midfield general we thought we needed.

He was great today, the best player on the pitch by a mile!

Well Done, Cole, keep up the good work!!!

Did have a fiver on him to score though, which i lost!

Your not the slightest bit biast mind are ya ;)

He deserved it today, and i think most people will agree!

I never said i didn't agree with you. I thought to be honest aside from his mistake that led to Tranmere's second goal he along with Brooks were the only two players who did alright in the first half.

He deserved it today, and i think most people will agree!

Got my vote, some of his running off the ball was excellent; showed terrific character to mput his mistake for their second behind him. Real old head on young shoulders.

Got my vote, some of his running off the ball was excellent; showed terrific character to mput his mistake for their second behind him. Real old head on young shoulders.

He would of got my vote, but i sent in his name and not his number so i didnt actually vote!

Tremendous character today after that gaffe.chased down defenders using his considerable pace and used his height well too. Cole needs to be loved and have a run in the side IMHO as I think his confidence would be boosted ditto his performances. Great to see him living up to his early promise again. Not knocking Russell for the sake of it but Skuse is the better option in my view.

Having done well in his last few games off the bench he got a well deserved start today and went about the game with remarkable energy and application.

He seems to have worked very hard to change some things about his game that I've seen as weaknesses in the past.

He got forward more and broke into the box several times, chased the ball down much more vigour almost creating a goal when he closed down the keeper in the second half, he was much more creative in his passing without losing the ball much, and was stronger in the tackle.

He made a mistake giving away the second goal and I was gutted for him because I thought that would be the end of his excellent display because his confidence would have been shattered. Boy was I wrong, he came out in the second half and did all of the above and more - the best response to a mistake I've seen for a long time.

Well done Cole, well earned man of the match, keep up the hard work and maybe we've found the midfield general we thought we needed.

Thought he was class today, and lets not forget, still a very young man.

Will play in the prem for sure..with or without Bristol City

pretty much exactly what a few of us were saying at half time, first half he was awesome, then off course that mistake which caused the 2nd goal, (blokes behind us started banging on how he was crap, funny how when 3 6ft+ blokes tell him he's talking crap and to "shut the f@@K" they go all quiet, doubt he will be sitting by us again!

anyway 2nd half he just seemed to forget all about it and continue with his first half performance, him and johnson at the moment are without doubt our best partnership in the middle, lets hope they stay fit

Before Beau sticks her Orr in..

I thought he was useless to be honest.

Todays game was crying out for Scott Brown.

The midfield 2 in the first half were dire.

I agree that Skuse wasn't really that great today. He seemed to chase shaddows all game and gets caught out of position all the time. As for making it in the premiership he has to learn to actually take any sort of control of a midfield and gain an ability to tackle well and pass the ball with consistency and make himself available.

As for running his socks off one time I noticed him trying to press a player into a tackle that he was never going to win, he then stood up and pulled his sock up whilst watching that same midfielder darting towards the box with no runner anywhere near him. For me that is typical Skuse, forever losing his midfield runners because he just gets caught out of position and often just wonders back idoly and points fingers at other players. You don't often see Johnson, Noble or Russell caught the wrong side of the midfielders nearly as often.

For a player who is meant to be defensive we don't half let in a lot more goals when he is in the team. Today being a case in point.

I don't, however, think that Scott Brown is the answer.

Cole's botched clearance for the second Tranny goal was a real howler, but I agree that he played very well today.

I've not been overly impressed with Russell's effectiveness since he joined, and unlike Skuse he doesn't have the height and legs to compensate for Johnson Jnr.

Skuse came of age last year and with regular games I see him becoming a class player. If he and Johnson can add toughness to their silkiness, I'd be very happy with their partnership.

Todays game was crying out for Scott Brown.

It's a good job the majority dissagreed with you then, because afterall, he was voted man of the match and fully deserved too. He was at fault for the second goal, granted. But didnt put a foot wrong for the rest of the game. So where have you got this opinion that he was useless from? what exactly did he do wrong? You seem to think the whole team is useless.. would you be happier if we forked out millions to replace the perfectly good squad we have already? (bearling in mind we obviously cant afford it)

I really hope that skuse keeps his place in the starting line up now, and i would of preferred to see noble on the bench rather than russell.

I never said i didn't agree with you. I thought to be honest aside from his mistake that led to Tranmere's second goal he along with Brooks were the only two players who did alright in the first half.

And you have the cheek to call him/her bias... Would only be you that mentions brookers name on a non brooker thread, this post was meant solely for skuse and his good work but you couldnt resist.

For the record, i thought a certain left back had a good first half aswell.

It's a good job the majority dissagreed with you then, because afterall, he was voted man of the match and fully deserved too. He was at fault for the second goal, granted. But didnt put a foot wrong for the rest of the game. So where have you got this opinion that he was useless from? what exactly did he do wrong? You seem to think the whole team is useless.. would you be happier if we forked out millions to replace the perfectly good squad we have already? (bearling in mind we obviously cant afford it)

I really hope that skuse keeps his place in the starting line up now, and i would of preferred to see noble on the bench rather than russell.

The whole team was useless first half. Did you see it?

Skuse was annoynimous most the game, cant see him being MOM ahead of Carey, McCallister, Brooker etc.

Skuse was annoynimous most the game, cant see him being MOM ahead of Carey, McCallister, Brooker etc.

well he was mom as voted for by the fans I believe? you have every chance to vote for your man of the match at the game, generally since it has been done by the text vote it is usually correct, though apparently is it never much more than 100 people that actually vote apparently.

All four were standout performers for me.

Having had concerns about Russell recently, I watched Skuse closely all game and thought he was a marked improvement.

MOM means nothing to me though, who really cares?

Today's game was crying out for Scott Brown.

As a poster who I seem to always agree with, I am shocked by you're post!

I am afraid that you might have joined the Scott Brown "Bum Club".

Cole's distribution for 90% per cent of the game yesterday was exceptional.

I lost count the amount of times he won back the ball for us after another player stupidly gave it away.

Just because he doesn't dive in for slide challenges every 5 seconds like you're hero SB, it certainly doesn't mean that he didn't get back and defend well too.

Next game Dez, watch him more closely. He comes forward for attacks, but as soon as the attack ends or we lose the ball and its the opposition's turn to attack, he is almost certainly behind the ball every time. He doesn't do anything fancy, like sliding into aimless tackles, but waits patiently to put a foot in, steals the ball and very rarely gives away free kicks.

But don't worry, all the Skuse bashers will win because I understand that there were scouts watching him again yesterday. He will be the next player to leave and play at a higher level, ala Liam Rosiener etc.

As a poster who I seem to always agree with, I am shocked by you're post!

I am afraid that you might have joined the Scott Brown "Bum Club".

Cole's distribution for 90% per cent of the game yesterday was exceptional.

I lost count the amount of times he won back the ball for us after another player stupidly gave it away.

Just because he doesn't dive in for slide challenges every 5 seconds like you're hero SB, it certainly doesn't mean that he didn't get back and defend well too.

Next game Dez, watch him more closely. He comes forward for attacks, but as soon as the attack ends or we lose the ball and its the opposition's turn to attack, he is almost certainly behind the ball every time. He doesn't do anything fancy, like sliding into aimless tackles, but waits patiently to put a foot in, steals the ball and very rarely gives away free kicks.

But don't worry, all the Skuse bashers will win because I understand that there were scouts watching him again yesterday. He will be the next player to leave and play at a higher level, ala Liam Rosiener etc.

I'm not a Skuse basher by any means.

I guess the underlying issue is that I want my team to be fully commited and fight and scrap for every ball, regardless of the odds. This is how Plymouth went up, and Luton after them. No nonsense workhorses with some decent football in between.

I see football as a mans game, so its natural I rare Scott Brown because hes a young kid who just wants to tackle, get stuck in and I reckon he loves this club as much as we do.

The fact that he has gone on loan has made me angry, but theres no bandwagon jumping here.

I singled out Skuse and Johnson first half because for the first half an hour the possession was about 70% Tranmere, and whenether they were breaking from midfield, there was little or no pressure on them whatsoever. I guess I want the opposition hassled off the ball and pressured, we just didnt see this for the first 45.

No doubt Skuse was useful on the ball as you said, I just thought he could have got more involved.

I think we're crying out for Noble and Brown in the middle, for a change.

I'm not a Skuse basher by any means.

Glad to hear it!

I guess the underlying issue is that I want my team to be fully commited and fight and scrap for every ball, regardless of the odds. This is how Plymouth went up, and Luton after them. No nonsense workhorses with some decent football in between.

We have the most committed, hard working squad I have seen in a long time.

I see football as a mans game, so its natural I rare Scott Brown because hes a young kid who just wants to tackle, get stuck in and I reckon he loves this club as much as we do.

Doesn't Scott Brown have an Everton tattoo? I believe that Skuse and his family are lifelong City fans, so I don't think you can question the fact that Cole probably cares a great deal more about BCFC then Brown does.

The fact that he has gone on loan has made me angry, but theres no bandwagon jumping here.

The fact that he has gone out on loan could be a good thing. If he proves he can remain injury free, and put in consistent performances I'm sure GJ will be the first to ask for him back.

I singled out Skuse and Johnson first half because for the first half an hour the possession was about 70% Tranmere, and whenether they were breaking from midfield, there was little or no pressure on them whatsoever. I guess I want the opposition hassled off the ball and pressured, we just didnt see this for the first 45.

I think its harsh to single out two midfielders, when the whole team was clearly playing badly.

No doubt Skuse was useful on the ball as you said, I just thought he could have got more involved.

As I said in my earlier post if you watch him more closely in the next game I'm hoping you will realise why he is so effective.

I think we're crying out for Noble and Brown in the middle, for a change.

Agree to disagree I think! :disapointed2se:

I think he should have started against Coventry. His instant dominance may have stopped us having to have a replay IMO <_<

I said the same thing, when he came on midfield improved. As I think was proved yesterday his involvement makes a difference!

Archived