IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Nibor

Either you are clueless about football or your seat doesn't face the pitch.
Yack yack yack. Follower, sounds about right. Sheep.

Glad to hear it!

We have the most committed, hard working squad I have seen in a long time.

I disagree that its 100% committed when tackles are bottled in CM. I keep harping on about it, buts its obvious, and it was causing alot of unrest in the Dolman on Saturday, and has for a while. Its lack of effort in the opening of games that is resulting in us going goals down.

Doesn't Scott Brown have an Everton tattoo? I believe that Skuse and his family are lifelong City fans, so I don't think you can question the fact that Cole probably cares a great deal more about BCFC then Brown does.

So? He supports Everton. Bristol City are the first club to come along and give him games after being released by [whoever]. Seems that way for Keogh and Orr too. I'm talking about Scott being committed to the cause, eg. wants to do his best eg. challenge everything, not in the sense ''oh I love Bristol City''. don't get me wrong, Skuse usually does a good job, I just thought he was bad yesterday in parts.

The fact that he has gone out on loan could be a good thing. If he proves he can remain injury free, and put in consistent performances I'm sure GJ will be the first to ask for him back.

He isnt exactly un-match fit is he, he was banging in goals for us playing well not long ago. I hope he does come back, or score a hat-trick against us for Cheltenham, so GJ knows his mistake.

I think its harsh to single out two midfielders, when the whole team was clearly playing badly.

True, but its midfields job to break down play. I wouldnt blame the strikers as they're up top when we get countered, and defense have to deal with 2 strikers and overlapping midfielders who are making free runs un challenged.

As I said in my earlier post if you watch him more closely in the next game I'm hoping you will realise why he is so effective.

I usually watch each player closely, not sit there like a dunce. Might be the smoke coming out of my ears that blurred my vision.

Agree to disagree I think!

Fine by me

• Admin
I see football as a mans game, so its natural I rare Scott Brown because hes a young kid who just wants to tackle, get stuck in and I reckon he loves this club as much as we do.

I hope he does come back, or score a hat-trick against us for Cheltenham, so GJ knows his mistake.

If Scott Brown shares your level of love for the club then good riddance! :disapointed2se:

Before Beau sticks her Orr in..

I thought he was useless to be honest.

Todays game was crying out for Scott Brown.

The midfield 2 in the first half were dire.

Poor first half as was everyone else. Skuse 2nd half was outstanding.

His pace over the first 10 yards is great, deserved his MOTM.

No doubt he will play at a higher level, lets hope we go up and hang on to him.

• Admin
Alas, we cant all be as good as you Madger.

I would love it if we beat Cheltenham 4-3 at Scotty scores a hatrick..

But he wont be playing, to our benefit.

I believe virtually all City fans will share in my desire not to see opponents scoring against us.

That you don't speaks volumes.

I believe virtually all City fans will share in my desire not to see opponents scoring against us.

That you don't speaks volumes.

You really are full of yourself.

So one of our better performers gets shipped out to some cruddy team for no reason (or rather no acceptable reason), looks to be on his way, treated like dirt, fans favorite..

So I want him to do well to show the manager he's wrong, without costing City any points..

What does that say, Volumes?

Clearly I don't support City well enough.

You, Madger, are a better fan than me.

• Admin

So one of our better performers gets shipped out to some cruddy team for no reason (or rather no acceptable reason), looks to be on his way, treated like dirt, fans favorite..

So I want him to do well to show the manager he's wrong, without costing City any points..

Are you going to pick those toys up or shall I?

I don't think Scott Brown is what I'd consider to be a fans favourite really, he's a favourite among one section of fans sure - but he's never been a universal favourite like Brooker is for example. I can't help being cynical and wondering if those fans who want him to stay so badly would be anywhere near as vociferous if they weren't friends with him and/or his family personally. Do you think there's a non-footballing reason for GJ getting rid of him or does he just not rate the player as highly as you do?

Myself, I don't think that the manager is wrong in shipping out Brown on loan. He wasn't getting a game, he got injured a lot and there's no decent reserve football to get sharp in.

In my view SB isn't better than any of our other four central midfielders because for all his undoubted energy and enthusiasm on the pitch he's completely oblivious to his position and leaves big holes behind him when he goes chasing the ball. I think "going in hard" is massively overrated by some fans and stealing the ball the way Skuse often does is under appreciated. The two footed sliding challenges people seem to love often mean you're committed far up the pitch leaving the defence exposed.

That's obviously a matter of opinion, but the last thing Scott Brown needs at this point in his career is to stay at a club where the manager isn't going to play him. Now he has the opportunity to prove GJ wrong and to earn a permanent deal at Cheltenham if he's not offered one here - but I'm amazed anyone would want him to score against us. I'm quite happy for him to score in every other game but BCFC is a million times more important to me than one player.

Archived