IGNORED

Half-Time Entertainment

freezer

During half-time at the Tranmere game I started thinking - dangerous I know.

After the first 45 minutes of entertainment I was feeling a little flat. Some kids in front of me blew up some long thin balloons and let them go, with quite a strong wind they travelled a fair distance before eventually running out of air. A pleasant distraction.

What next, well the formation groundsmen were out, forking there little hearts out, but to be honest, when you've seen one groundsman forking you've seen them all!.

A quick snippet of some music .....then.yes, it's the half-time draw (which I never buy tickets for), focusing on the motionless back of our mascot Scrumpy, stood about 1/2 mile away in front of the Williams, I seem to remember a time gone by.

Did I imagine it or did we once have such visual delights as 'The Ashton Angels', military displays, singers and the like.

Hey, how about a quick game of giant chess. A chicken race, spot the pastie, how about ........something, anything!.

Another part of a song and before you know it, out come the mighty Reds to put the scum of Tranmere in their rightful place.

Sudoko anyone.

During half-time at the Tranmere game I started thinking - dangerous I know.

After the first 45 minutes of entertainment I was feeling a little flat. Some kids in front of me blew up some long thin balloons and let them go, with quite a strong wind they travelled a fair distance before eventually running out of air. A pleasant distraction.

What next, well the formation groundsmen were out, forking there little hearts out, but to be honest, when you've seen one groundsman forking you've seen them all!.

A quick snippet of some music .....then.yes, it's the half-time draw (which I never buy tickets for), focusing on the motionless back of our mascot Scrumpy, stood about 1/2 mile away in front of the Williams, I seem to remember a time gone by.

Did I imagine it or did we once have such visual delights as 'The Ashton Angels', military displays, singers and the like.

Hey, how about a quick game of giant chess. A chicken race, spot the pastie, how about ........something, anything!.

Another part of a song and before you know it, out come the mighty Reds to put the scum of Tranmere in their rightful place.

Sudoko anyone.

Maybe we could nip off home for dinner?

The half time entertainment has always been pretty poor - maybe with the exception of that time when Tony Robinson dressed in his Baldrick gear started goading the gasheads over the PA system.

At some grounds I have seen them get people out the crowd (5 from each team) and have a penalty shoot out. Not very entertaining I know but watching some drunken overweight blokes trying to kick a ball is mildly amusing.

Ideally at half time a massive screen should descend in front of the stands and show Sky sports news for 15 minutes so we know what the hell is going on around the leagues.

personally also been a fan of the trying to score from the half way line, simple, but keeps people amused,

perhaps they could try an Soccer Am esque Crossbar Challenge? (louis carey need not apply)

personally I get the old Soccer Saturday running on my phone to see what else is happening in the football

Halftime 'entertainment' over the years varied in many ways but have all been painful to watch.

I go to the gate to watch Football, not some dog, juggler,singer or dance troop.

All i want is scores from around the grounds and a chat about city's stunning 1st half performance.

What's wrong with the forking groundsman? Seems a bit harsh considering the weather conditions recently.

I quite like the idea of giant chess. I can hear the announcer in reverential tones saying "The Tranmere have played pawn to queen four. I think they've gone for a Queen's Indian!". We could have each stand taking a move in turn. I expect the Dolman would be aggresive. "Pawn to king's bishop four. It's a Sicilian!". The Atyeo more defensive. And the Williams just moaning about the forking groundsman.

Archived