IGNORED

Gas temp home

BS3_RED

With the decision about the Mem being made on Wednesday, its a good possibility that the sags could be in touch in the next few weeks to S.L. to inquire about the use of Ashton Gate.

I for one hope that he tells them where to go but how does everyone else feel about some sag being sat on their seat for 18 months and also should we really help out a club that tried to nick the Gate in 82 for next to nothing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/artic...e_feature.shtml

Thoughts??

I think we should fully support our cousins (although not in the Biblical sense) in their move to a temporary home

IN CARLISLE

When the Mem is rebuilt and there are, as I understand it numerous objections even at the planning stage I think it should be a home to both Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rugby Reserves and that Rovers should leave their temporary home in Carlisle and relocate back to

FALKIRK

Don't want them here, any short term revenue we make from it would be offset by the long term disadvantage of Rovers' continued existence.

Anyway it won't matter because even if the councillors somehow manage to demonstrate their pro-Rovers rugby loving bias by approving the scheme on Wednesday, they will still have court challenges from opposition groups to deal with and then they'll have to look down the back of the couch for £30m...

They don't have a chance in hell of financing it.

I think we should fully support our cousins (although not in the Biblical sense) in their move to a temporary home

IN CARLISLE

When the Mem is rebuilt and there are, as I understand it numerous objections even at the planning stage I think it should be a home to both Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rugby Reserves and that Rovers should leave their temporary home in Carlisle and relocate back to

FALKIRK

Hey I live up near Falkirk don't dump rubbish. Anyway don't wan't that stench up here. move them over Norwich way.

Logic says it's a nice little earner and that it would be a nice neighbourly gesture given that both clubs have made great inroads to end the animosity of previous years.

Bugger logic. Make them rent in Bath, Cheltenham or the Shetlands for all I care. I don't want the enemy calling Ashton Gate their home, even for a season. It's not right. I can't explain it, it just isn't.

Don't want them here, any short term revenue we make from it would be offset by the long term disadvantage of Rovers' continued existence.

Not to mention the pong

Anyway it won't matter because even if the councillors somehow manage to demonstrate their pro-Rovers rugby loving bias by approving the scheme on Wednesday, they will still have court challenges from opposition groups to deal with and then they'll have to look down the back of the couch for £30m...

You still haven't mentioned the pong or the fumigation costs.....and those clothes

I don't know, Millets are competitive........oh, you mean the Ground, not the clothes

Logic says it's a nice little earner and that it would be a nice neighbourly gesture given that both clubs have made great inroads to end the animosity of previous years.

Bugger logic. Make them rent in Bath, Cheltenham or the Shetlands for all I care. I don't want the enemy calling Ashton Gate their home, even for a season. It's not right. I can't explain it, it just isn't.

Ah, good old fashioned, unreasoned bile, predjudice & hatred. :clapping:

That's what Football's all about. :innocent06:

Well done, Well done :yes:

Bit disappointed that none of you lot have said anything about the pong :whistle2:

I for one do not want those:

"flarewearingfourteenbuttonwaisttrouserbuyingplatformshoesandtracksuitwearingdonkeyjacketlovingsweatysmellingcortinadrivinggoodnightirenesingingarserentingcouncilhousedwellingwe'lllosetoderbylumberjacklookalikes.

anywhere near the ground, never mind my seat.

If they come over to the JPT, which they won't after Shrewsbury do 'em, even the sight of them on the EE will only be softened by the fact that we're throwing away and burning those seats anyway.Cardiff & Swansea have already tarnished them with their:

"sheeprearingtollchargingshouldhavebuiltawallnotabridgemenofharlechchantingflarelightingshouldbemadetoclosetheirgroundcoachesonlyhereboyotravelrestrictionsisn'titboyo"

malarky.

Have I mentioned the pong because you lot simply can't be relied upon to do it.

Guest DrFaustus

You won the "best poster" malarkey? Tut tut.

IF we get planning permission, no-one can appeal as they are third parties. If we don't, we can appeal as it's our application.

As for the cost of the regeneration, it's self financing over a few years, but that would have involved you using research to establish.

Glad to help.

IF we get planning permission, no-one can appeal as they are third parties. If we don't, we can appeal as it's our application.

As for the cost of the regeneration, it's self financing over a few years, but that would have involved you using research to establish.

Glad to help.

Er, no. They might not be able to appeal to the planning authority but anyone can challenge a planning decision in court and when they do the first thing that happens is there's an injunction to stop any work being done until the issue is decided.

Surely you're realistic enough to realise that Dunceford isn't about to find £30m in his back pocket anyway?

Bristol will play here, which leaves no room for those dirty squatting pikeys from the poorest areas of Bristol and South Glos.

Glad to help.

There are many options open dear boy.

Er, no. They might not be able to appeal to the planning authority but anyone can challenge a planning decision in court and when they do the first thing that happens is there's an injunction to stop any work being done until the issue is decided.

Exactly

Archived