IGNORED

Football admission prices

22A

On radio 5 tonight the truth was out.

Annual inflation rate = less than 3%, annual increase in travelling to and watching a top game = 17%.

When Lord Taylor produced his report in 1990 he actually stated the average price to sit and watch a game in the top division should not exceed £6.00. Allowing for inflation that would today be £12.00! :grr:

Somewhere along the line football fans all over country got well and truly shafted. The game is robbing us blind. Trouble is, those of us that love our club either have to give the game up or swallow the price hike and accept it. I'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of mass public revolt by now. Birmingham manager Steve Bruce commented ticket prices on Match of the Day after their FA cup game was played in front of row upon row of empty seats. Gary Lineker just brushed it aside without discussion and moved on the next topic. It needs somebody somewhere to instigate some positive action to force clubs to make prices more reasonable.

Somewhere along the line football fans all over country got well and truly shafted. The game is robbing us blind. Trouble is, those of us that love our club either have to give the game up or swallow the price hike and accept it. I'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of mass public revolt by now. Birmingham manager Steve Bruce commented ticket prices on Match of the Day after their FA cup game was played in front of row upon row of empty seats. Gary Lineker just brushed it aside without discussion and moved on the next topic. It needs somebody somewhere to instigate some positive action to force clubs to make prices more reasonable.

That will never happen. If their was a salary cap that would do it but Jimmy Hill got rid of that. Would now be against the law unless I'm very much mistaken.

There are less fans going to matches now all over the country but not enough for it to make a difference. If 50% of fans could be convinced to protest then it might but cant see that happening either.

I'd like to think they wont get mucher higher but if we get promoted it will go up. Last time we went up the prices went up, we were down the next season and they went up again!!

Archived