IGNORED

Cheltenham

RedUn

Guest zider_head

ok I'm going wednesday but have just wrote this for a horse racing website so take what you will out of it ok, I'm no expert so dont put your life saving on them i would say £15 a race tops if your going for some fun :-

2.00 Brave Inca

Ive had several ante post bets on this horse at around the 8/1 & 11/2 mark, which i felt was great value i have taken this both e/w and to win.

I feel this horse has a great chance, having won its last 5 races straight, the jockey Barry cash should know the horse well having riden it 5 times of its 9 races, its a positive in the betting and the weatherbys guide pick it as well so thats my pick, the price has now come right in to around the 5/1 mark so depending on what happens could be i feel a e/w banker if it dosent shorten up. John Oliver would be my e/w saver at long odds of around 33/1.

I like the look of Colca Canyon in this race. its a horse that had mainly been riden by Barry Gerarthy of late which i feel is a positive, he wont be riding today as he will be on the second favorite kicking king who she finished 6 lengths behind in the last race, the horse stayed well under pressure that day which I'm hoping will happen again tomorrow, where good ground should be the order of the day which this horse loves. Its a good e/w bet i feel at around the 20/1 mark. My other pick in this race will be Puntal e/w with Timmy Murphy riding at 40/1.

My ante post bets have been taken time and time again on my next pick who is Intersky Falcon who i feel should have only rooster booster to beat, which will be no easy task. I feel that thee is still great e/w value in backing intersky at around the 8/1 mark,Liam cooper is riding who isnt my most favortie jockey to back but i hope he comes good tomorrow for Terry McDermott and Alan Sherear who part own the horse. My other e/w fancy is Limerick Boy at around the 14/1 mark. The price i feel is far too short on rooster booster to even think about backing in a race like this.

Another of my ante post picks runs here in the shape of the french bread Kelami who think is just going to love running up that hill tomorrow afternoon, the only negative i can find against this horse is that its only ran once before at cheltenham, still i hope that the french will be cheering this one home come about 5 past 4, i feel that the johnson ride in this race Haunt Cercy is way too short in price and is a must lay for me at around the 5/2 mark.

This i feel is the hardest race of the day to pick a winner or even a placer in my money will be going on Mondial Jack though as i feel this has a good chance of doing both. A horse normally riden by A.P McCoy will be in the more than capable hands of T J Malone tomorrow afternoon and at around the 12/1 mark is my only bet in this race

My next pick is Stormez which i hope by now will be a great end to a good days betting fingers crossed, AP McCoy is a big plus for me as he knows this horse inside and out. The price has come in alot lately but at around the 9/1 mark still represents great e/w value. mY other pick in this race would be The Bajan Bandit for the simple reason i have won alot of money on this horse before and at around the 16/1 mark i feel its got a good chance of placing.

I wish! 

That said the last time I went about 5 years ago I lost £300 - so maybe its better I stay away... ;)

Blimey Robbo, that's six years' worth of what I budget to lose!

Did well to find this thread as one of the moderator/fascists :Cheeky3: seems to have bumped it off the General Forum ... yellow card for querying the probability of a red striker scoring I suppose.

2.00 Brave Inca

2.40 Colca Canyon

3.20 Intersky Falcon (Limerick Boy)

4.00 Kelami

4.40 Mondial Jack

5.20 Stormez (The Bajan Bandit)

Some interesting choices there ZH and to pick up on the general theme of your post, it promises to be as interesting a day out as it normally is.

You clearly know your stuff despite protestations to the contrary, whereas this is my one regular day's racing for the year. I do think though that if footy and cricket and never been invented the gee-gees (or golf) would be my regular vehicle for avoiding shopping, gardening and DIY!

As for selections, my lack of preparation has me reverting to guessing but I think Paul Nicholls has a good hand for the Festival trainer's crown and on the horses-for-courses principal I like the ones I've seen run well in my previous visits:

Win Yankee

Tue 2.00 Albuhera

Tue 2.40 Thisthatandtother

Tue 3.20 Rooster Booster

Wed 3.20 Azertyuiop

EW Yankee

Tues 2.40 Caracciola

Tues 3.20 Westender

Tues 4.40 Royal Predica

Thur 3.15 First Gold

2.00 Mariah Rollins

2.40 Kicking King

3.20 Rigmarole

4.00 Fork Lightning

4.40 Wagner

5.20 Keepatem

THOSE ARE MY TIPS FOR TODAY.

Just got back, had a great day out as usual - lost £11 which at Cheltenham is a bit like winning!

Won with Brave Inca (thanks ZH), but Thisthatandtother decided not jump and the Rooster found one he couldn't catch, hey ho!

Archived