IGNORED

Tuesday night.....

22A

OK folks, great win today from a solid team performance. Promotion is the priority, however we are still in two cup competitions. Tuesday night do we rest some or all of the first team in readiness for Boro on Satdee, or do we keep the momentum going and accept we have a greater chance of glory in the JPT than the FA Cup and have unrested players turning out v Boro'?

Then again back in the summer, some people posted on here that GJs pre season fitness regime would stand us in good stead later in the season. Perhaps the doubters will soon be quietened by a settled team turning in consistent good performances.

That old chestnut again....

Aren't professional athletes (and that its what footballers are) able to recouperate between a Tuesday night and a Saturday afternoon sufficiently?

Admittedly, when I play football I am sometimes still feeling the effects 3 days later but I am sure that any of the 11 that play on Tuesday night should be able to play another game 5 hours short of 4 days later.

Keep the same team, keep the momentum... we are on for the treble :whistle2:

That old chestnut again....

Aren't professional athletes (and that its what footballers are) able to recouperate between a Tuesday night and a Saturday afternoon sufficiently?

Admittedly, when I play football I am sometimes still feeling the effects 3 days later but I am sure that any of the 11 that play on Tuesday night should be able to play another game 5 hours short of 4 days later.

Keep the same team, keep the momentum... we are on for the treble :whistle2:

You mean the quadrouple , the kids are going to win the FA Youth Cup :chant6ez:

I love to live the dream :innocent06:

What do people think the attendance will be btw?

I am hopeful for a bigger crowd than people seem to think it will be. We are on a good run, the prices are low and what with cup tickets being hard to come by at the moment, it could be a good crowd. I emphasis the word "could" though

two games week is not a problem for professionals. its only those tarts in the premierhsip who moan about that. playing more just means you train less and i bet the players would rather be playing in big games and resting inbetween than slogging their guts out at abbbotts leigh on a cold wet morning!!!!!

Archived