IGNORED

What was the trouble after the 1st goal

xmarktx

Some of our fans jumped over the hoardings and starting dancing away.

I did see one steward sprint towards one of the said lads, take a running jump at the hoardings, get his foot caught on the top and fall over.

I couldn't help laughing...

Seemed to be a few thrown out shortly after, and then a couple more after the penalty miss. The Oldham lot who were having a go back (in the stand on the right) seemed to disappear pretty quickly as well.

Some of our fans jumped over the hoardings and starting dancing away.

I did see one steward sprint towards one of the said lads, take a running jump at the hoardings, get his foot caught on the top and fall over.

I couldn't help laughing...

I saw two lads taken out, and so far as I could tell, they hadn't done anything wrong, so I went over and asked the steward. He told me they were "standing up and being a nuisance". When I asked him what was wrong with standing up, he quoted the Taylor Report at me. :farmer: I asked him to define "being a nuisance", but he couldn't do so.

The lads were outside the gates at half-time, and therefore hadn't done anything serious enough to be arrested. So I asked a police officer what grounds they had for throwing them out, to which she replied that if a steward requests the police to eject somebody, they have to take the word of the steward and do so. The same steward was stood there at the time, so I asked him again what they had done. He said they had been abusive, which he hadn't said to me before, but couldn't actually tell me what they had said. I told him in my opinion they didn't deserve to be thrown out, at which point the police officer told me that the group of lads had been causing trouble outside the ground - whatever that meant, because obviously if they had broken the law they would have been arrested.

That group of lads that came in just after the game had started, had had a few bevvies (and being kids it had obviously gone straight to their young heads), and did look as though they could be a bit of a handful, to be fair.

But it seems to me the stewards and police could at least have had the decency to wait until they had actually done something wrong before chucking them out!

As for the lad being chased by the steward whose foot got caught on the other hand, now that might be a different story..

Haven't really got much sympathy for these lads. They came in the ground all completely smashed out their faces and were sitting ducks.

The stewards ejected 7 of them in total I think. They were all completely wasted which is an offence in itself and were continually stood up for the first quarter of an hour.

One of them did get pretty disgracefully manhandled by about 3 stewards though, and we have a couple of photos of it that may be winging their way to Oldham Athletic.

Young lads having a few beers and a laugh at the footy on a Saturday without hurting anyone. Tut tut, what is happening to our beautiful game?

The sooner we price these oiks out of the game & pack the stadia with corporate trough forragers the better.

Come on Mr Chairman, act now before it's too late.

The stewards were a disgrace yesterday, very heavy handed! The first person jumped the barrier, but the second person did nothing wrong at all. Worst stewards ive had the presence off in a while.

There were quite a few that jumped the barrier, so you either chuck them all out or none. They were simply between the terraced area and the hoardings in front of the pitch. I don't think any of them went over the hoardings. After the celebrations died down they all returned to the terraced area.

• Admin
Haven't really got much sympathy for these lads. They came in the ground all completely smashed out their faces and were sitting ducks.

Maybe - but if that was the case why do so many grounds sell alcohol in them nowadays ! Oldham's away end being one of them

The stewards ejected 7 of them in total I think. They were all completely wasted which is an offence in itself and were continually stood up for the first quarter of an hour.

One of them did get pretty disgracefully manhandled by about 3 stewards though, and we have a couple of photos of it that may be winging their way to Oldham Athletic.

To say they were "smashed out of their faces" and "wasted" implies they could hardly stand up, so your statement is a gross exaggeration. Agreed, they had clearly all had a drink, but then again, so had me and my mates, as had many City fans.

So far as standing up is concerned, yes, as the steward told me, Boundary Park is an all seater "stadium" (I have my own thoughts on that considering a lump of rust dropped on my head during the game), and so technically they were in breach of the Taylor Report.

Those lads were just an easy target for the stewards. There were about 20 of them, and a bit light weight at that. If every City fan had stood up yesterday, as did Coventry and many others at AG this season, would they have tried to throw them out?

Those lads came in singing, went down to the front, where they were doing no harm. Granted, they may have appeared to look as though they were up for being a bit of a handful, but in my view the stewards created a situation which didn't exist. A situation may have developed had the stewards waited, but I thought that you had to actually commit an offence before you could be punished for it.

I know of a lad who knows that group, knew him from school and he said 4 of them got chucked out and 1 arrested. Said they had only been in oldham a couple of hours and hadnt had much to drink either! The reason for the arrest of 1 lad is still unclear although they did say it was harsh for him to be arrested. The reasons for the lads getting chucked out was either for entering the pitch celebrating or for trying to stick up for thier mates who had been ejected.

By law, the couple who was chucked out for entering the pitch were ejected with good reason. But as for the other 2, it was a rush of blood going to the stewards heads I think.

• Admin
I know of a lad who knows that group, knew him from school and he said 4 of them got chucked out and 1 arrested. Said they had only been in oldham a couple of hours and hadnt had much to drink either! The reason for the arrest of 1 lad is still unclear although they did say it was harsh for him to be arrested. The reasons for the lads getting chucked out was either for entering the pitch celebrating or for trying to stick up for thier mates who had been ejected.

By law, the couple who was chucked out for entering the pitch were ejected with good reason. But as for the other 2, it was a rush of blood going to the stewards heads I think.

May be wrong but I believe only ONE of them actually got onto the pitch, the crazy thing was as soon as he did it, you could see he instantly realised his mistake and leapt back off the pitch again . . . .

<They were all completely wasted which is an offence in itself>

What they had a few drinks ?

:city: We walked around oldham for a while looking for a pub that would let us in, when we got into a pub they were very friendly with cheap beer and a good mix of fans watching the liverpool chelski match.

Unfortunately a group of city youths came in and just tried to annoy the Oldham fans by singing and standing in front of the screens,lucky that the Oldham fans wer'nt as daft as ours so nothing started.

I only hope that these city 'fans' were the ones that were thrown out for 'celebrating' our first goal.

These people are the reason that pubs don't allow in away fans and one of the joys of traveling away is that you can have a pint and a chat with the oppositions fans. DON'T SPOIL IT ! :argh:

Seems to me as they have 1 rule for them & another for us. As i said i was in oldham end & a few of there fans kicked off among them selves just before half time as 2 youths between the age of 17&20 wouldnt sit down obstructing the view of every 1. Some bloke behind me told the 2 youths to sit down politley :laugh:. The response was for the youth to throw his drink over everyone quikly followed by the bottle hitting some1 in the head. All this was right in front of the stewards and after a few windmills at 10 paces the stewards stepped in to split it up. No 1 was thrown out as i saw the youths again just before the 2nd half started.

Maybe - but if that was the case why do so many grounds sell alcohol in them nowadays ! Oldham's away end being one of them

Ah that'll be fleecing the fans then. Have their money for beer, then chuck em out fer being pissed. good plan, wonder when Sextone will introduce it..........oh hang on, he has......... :noexpression:

2 people was arrested who done nothing wrong n they wasnt drunk and are season ticke holders go home and away so u lot on here who judging people for singing n basicly got excited cus we scored as it was a big game for us and if u didnt jump up n down shame on you.but think you lot should think bout what your saying if u got nicked for jumping up and down had to make your own way home think you'd b happy?then look on here people slaggin you off.get a life!!!!! hate people who slag off people off who you don't no n don't no what happened proper top man to the person with the 3 quote they never done nothing i was also thrown out n was sat out on my own all game fun!!!! you lot go on here judge people who you don't no i think is out of order...n i no 1 lil old lady was disgusted by the stewwards but they didnt listen.... think bout what you say in future

2 people was arrested who done nothing wrong n they wasnt drunk and are season ticke holders go home and away so u lot on here who judging people for singing n basicly got excited cus we scored as it was a big game for us and if u didnt jump up n down shame on you.but think you lot should think bout what your saying if u got nicked for jumping up and down had to make your own way home think you'd b happy?then look on here people slaggin you off.get a life!!!!! hate people who slag off people off who you don't no n don't no what happened proper top man to the person with the 3 quote they never done nothing i was also thrown out n was sat out on my own all game fun!!!! you lot go on here judge people who you don't no i think is out of order...n i no 1 lil old lady was disgusted by the stewwards but they didnt listen.... think bout what you say in future

did u get thrown out for Grievous Grammatical Harm?

Yeh!! Whatever he said!!!

I think I got the gist of it, but a translation would be useful!

yeah but no but, no but yeah but

is it cus e is pikey ? :innocent06:

if u enter field of play mate fair do's to stewards booting you out, nowt wrng with celebrating from your area, and if your asked ot sit down by steward you do, keep getting up everytime them walk away you are actually taking the piss!!!

if u done nothing why were your mates arrested?

and if u are innocnt like u say , write a letter of comlaint to oldham and ask to be refunded

Shorts178 has come on here and told his side of the story. I understand quite easily what he is saying.

And, as someone stood no more than 10 yards from this incident, I agree with everything he says.

So far as I am aware, none of those lads broke the law during this incident, and the only ground regulation breached was standing up. Big deal. The stewards were looking for an excuse to eject these lads. Just sad old bastards that don't like to think that one day, they too were young with high spirits.

Chivs, RedTucks, Kachina and HZ25, you are not funny, and you certainly are not clever. To take the piss out of somebody for spelling and grammar is just cheap.

Shorts178 - as long as you are not breaking the law (breaching idiotic ground regulations such as no standing up or smoking doesn't count) or acting anti socially, and you are providing positive support to the boys in red, you have my support.

I understand quite easily what he is saying.

Then perhaps you could explain what he means by:

"hate people who slag off people off who you don't no n don't no what happened proper top man to the person with the 3 quote"

Nothing to do with spelling or grammar. If you want other people to understand your point, it helps if you speak in a language that they understand.

Strewth! That took me a while, but I got there in the end.....

Then my daughter walks in and reads the lot in one go!

Now I feel old

The perhaps you could explain what he means by:

"hate people who slag off people off who you don't no n don't no what happened proper top man to the person with the 3 quote"

Nothing to do with spelling or grammar. If you want other people to understand your point, it helps if you speak in a language that they understand.

That's the bit I'm still trying to translate into Old Bristolian :no:

Then perhaps you could explain what he means by:

No problem.

It means that he does not particularly care for people who stick their nose in and criticise when they were not even at the game, let alone witness the incident. I believe the last bit is a reference to my 3 posts prior to his where I had explained factually what I had seen.

Don't want to be confrontational with you RedTucks, we're all City fans together. But that is the point. You are criticizing this lad when frankly you do not have the right to do so.

Archived