IGNORED

2,000 More General Tickets ON SALE

Bristol Boy

Alright then, you idiot. Is that the same as 'mate' in your language?

Your naive and foolish in thinking the East End will ever be opened in the long term, IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN, you people are wasting your time and enegy campaigning for it.

The reputation of fans wishing to watch matches from the East End goes before them.

Extra Police needed to open the stand, which costs more money, which the club arnt prepared to pay. End of. Get over it.

Were joint top of the league without it so why waste your time. It'll be knocked down before too long anyway.

been through this a million times.

mr lansdown can't point to one punch being thrown while city were in the EE

city vs cardiff (no punches thrown in the EE)

city vs qpr (no punches thrown in the EE)

city vs plymouth (no punches thrown in the EE)

city vs chesterfield (no punches thrown in the EE bit of cctv of kids jumping on a fence

punching the air when city score)

no mass brawls have gone on in the EE, the police at ashton gate were there for millwall,

and last season swansea but no trouble, city vs coventry less police and fans walking past each other behined

the EE and no mass brawls.. history of violence at ashton gate (which has now a rare thing) have all resorted

in the park end and dolman A block, in short the EE sang about it and the park end and dolman A block did it.

yes there has been standing in the EE but no more to what away fans do there now.

thatchman reds chat with mr lansdown.

Well, out of a 2 hour meeting with SL, the East End took up nearly an hour of it. Now, you can choose to read this two ways. Either he's paying lip service, or he is listening. I presented the survey. It's impressive. 3,200 names and I did point out that any eroneous names had been removed. On it's own, the petition won't sway the decision, but it's a factor, all part of the evidence abse to support an argument.

I argued that "trouble" is not banter, posturing, swearing or chanting at away fans or fence climbing. Although the last point is not desirable, the former points are all part of football culture. Whilst he agreed to most of that, he couldn't actually point to one punch being thrown since the East End was re-opened. This was in direct response to the question "What defines trouble"

I asked the question about the police being in the Williams bar when all the trouble was supposed to be kicking off in the East End. This was news to him and he didn't know the answer. I have asked that this be clarified at the upcoming meeting.

We talked about atmosphere. He is still not convinced fully that the East End makes a huge difference. My point to him was that it's not the impact that it has to the rest of the ground (you can't hear the Ateyo sing from the Dolman F Block) but it's the effect that it has on the pitch. My recollection was of days in a packed East End when any visiting keeper would feel the full force of the East End when defending a corner and having Paul Cheesely bearing down on him. He might just have grudgingly agreed with that.

As a died in the wool former East ender (and hopefully all round sensible person) it helped make the argument. I told him about standing in the corner of the East End on a Tuesday night playing Crewe, with City 91st in the football league. For some of us, we grew up there.

To open the East End would be to ignore the police advice around health & safety, which is his biggest issue. There is also the issue that 3,200 signatures will not turn into 3,200 new attendees to matches. I did point out, however, that I knew of several people who would attend more often if the East End were open. He might be surprised.

As i've said to one or two of you. The stage is set, now it's make or break. It's time to do this face to face with all the relevant parties in room. Dates will be sorted soon.

if the stand is to be knocked down then let city fans enjoy the EE untill it's time is up.

There will be no trouble in the EE this weekend so why you making a mounting out of a molehill? Most of the fans' that will be in there wont be regulars so hopefully they have no intention of causing trouble.

However I call upon every city fan in that stand on Saturday to self police the EE and show Lansdown and Co that we can behave in there with a size able away support.

As i've stated in previous posts, 'I hope i'm wrong'.

I obviously cant comment on stuff i don't neccesarily know about, but if thier is a way to get the club to pay the extra money needed to open it on a more permanent basis, then brilliant. I just don't see it happening. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

However I call upon every city fan in that stand on Saturday to self police the EE and show Lansdown and Co that we can behave in there with a size able away support.

Dan I do believe thats the single most clever thing you have said on here.

Best idea you ever have and I definitely agree.

If I didnt have the kid I look after with me on Saturday then I would be in there myself.

Dan I do believe thats the single most clever thing you have said on here.

Best idea you ever have and I definitely agree.

If I didnt have the kid I look after with me on Saturday then I would be in there myself.

Agree wholeheartedly with that and I started a separate thread about it just before reading it.

As i've stated in previous posts, 'I hope i'm wrong'.

I obviously cant comment on stuff i don't neccesarily know about, but if thier is a way to get the club to pay the extra money needed to open it on a more permanent basis, then brilliant. I just don't see it happening. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

The EE, if plans are to be believed, will be knocked down and rebuilt in ther near future.That depends on many things including promotion, staying there and attracting funding which, according to SL, we currently do not have.

It could be that if the Safe Standing In Football Grounds early day motion becomes an act, then we could remove all the seats and solve some of our capacity problems at a stroke without costing much at all, certainly not the £8m that a new 5,000 Seater Stand would cost.

Here's hoping.

Lets just see shall we before getting all uppety.

Its fans like me that travel miles and miles every other weekend to watch my team, i sit in G block at home matches, i sing and shout with the best of them. But i have seen what happens when the East End is opened.

No i wasnt around in the 60's to enjoy the atmosphere, and i'm sure it was brilliant, but thier are a small minority who will purely go in the East End and spoil of for the likes of you that want to sit their.

I hope i'm wrong, i really do.

You not exactly helping yourselves with the insults, its my view and i'm entitled to it.

Ah, i see now.. afraid of a bit of competition are you.. :disapointed2se:

The EE hasnt been open for a while now, landsdown has been clear with his actions as to why he refused to re open to home fans.. and as I'm sure you're well aware, there has been a big campaign going on regarding the EE.. so I'm sure they are well aware what will happen if they fluff it up. You saw what happened when the eastend WAS happened, not at present.. because city fans havent had the opportunity to prove SL wrong, now they do.. so lets see what happens. But i think you should reserve judgement untill AFTER saturday. Like i say, the EE hasnt been opened for quite some time so you wouldn't have any idea if it wasnt opened at present.

For all that sit in the EE, this could be your only chance to prove that you can sit/stand there, without causing trouble and getting behind the lads. PLEASE don't mess it up..

Does your job require you to randomly phone Boro ticket office?

This "random" word seems to have crept into the youth/young mens culture around Bristol, doesn't it?

I rarely do anything for random reasons!

I only contacted them when I was writing an article for the ST and, unlike some on here, I actually like to get my facts right, before I write something.I also spoke to the BCFC Ticket Office for their take on things.

Hope this helps

This "random" word seems to have crept into the youth/young mens culture around Bristol, doesn't it?

I rarely do anything for random reasons!

I only contacted them when I was writing an article for the ST and, unlike some on here, I actually like to get my facts right, before I write something.I also spoke to the BCFC Ticket Office for their take on things.

Hope this helps

Good on you Bristol Boy. Made me randomly smile that did.

:cool:

rung up ticket offic an hour ago and they are accepting no callers over phone for tickets tomorrow and anyone who has already purchased tickets will be unable to purchase tickets at the ground.

only 600 tickets on line so 1600 on sell at ground will be leaving reading at 6.30 am to drive to ashton gate to hopefully get me a seat

so should get there about 8.30 hope thats early enough

rung up ticket offic an hour ago and they are accepting no callers over phone for tickets tomorrow and anyone who has already purchased tickets will be unable to purchase tickets at the ground.

only 600 tickets on line so 1600 on sell at ground will be leaving reading at 6.30 am to drive to ashton gate to hopefully get me a seat

so should get there about 8.30 hope thats early enough

Anyone know if they're unrestricted sales-EG If I turn up first, could I buy 50?

What we have here is a wonderful opportunity.

It is an opportunity to show that there is nothing inherently full of menace in opening the East End.

It is an opportunity to get this to happen week in, week out.

It is an opportunity to show how much the atmosphere will improve without any downside.

It is a wonderfull opportunity

In the words of the Poet

Don't let anyone **** it up!!!

Bit touchy arnt we...strike a cord did it?

I'm not having a go at you, so why the insults?

Because your comments are quite possibly some of the stupidist a lot of people on here have ever heard. good enough reason? :noexpression:

Archived