IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Super Scotty Murray

His performances against Coventry (for the first half) and Oldham, and to an extent against Brighton this (although the game was a walk in the park) have been a marked improvement on anything he has done for City before.

He seems stronger and more confident in the tackle and is actually starting to use his pace much more, rarely gives the ball away, and is creating a really good partnership with Lee Johnson.

I believe that we now have the best central defensive partnership in the league (barring maybe forest) and the best central midfield partnership too. If Wilson can settle in on the left (he was superb vs Oldham) and if we can get our strikers consistently fit and scoring, i really cant see why we shouldn't go up this season now.

Your thoughts?

For such a young and relatively inexperieced player Skuse is certainly been impressive in recent games.I noticed last night that he was getting forward more which adds an extra dimension to his play and makes it harder for the opposition to close him down.

What I like is his coolness under pressure.He always seems to have time and rarely gives the ball away.He has good ball winning ability as well.

He'll just get better and better.

Have slated Skuse in the past and even said that he will never be good enough for first team football. But from the coventry game and Oldham games that I have seen lately, he has improved immensly. At Oldham on a dodgy pitch he seemed very comfortable on the ball and rarely gave it away.

Still young and clearly improving.

No coincidence that LJ has been getting forward more and being much more effective with Skuse as the more defensive partner. Cole's last 3 games have been excellent at ball winning and general passing without actually playing the killer pass.

Like BB says he should score more and I'd like to see him arrive late in the box - he's a decent height and can head the ball. Still, I'd settle for him the keep the form he's in at the moment. One of the first names on teamsheet. :city:

Archived