IGNORED

After you, no, after YOU!

Bristol Rob

A proper - sensible post!!!!

Lots of debate about tickets and priorities for getting tickets for games, what would you consider to be the best way to reward loyal supporters in terms of helping them get tickets for the game(s) they want to see?

My personal preferences would be.

Season Ticket Holders and Gold share holders (although the latter being able to only buy non ST seats)

City 2000/Silver share holders (giving a regular or significant amount to the club)

Supporters Club/Ticket-Stub holders (or whatever they are called now)

Supporters Trust members

General Sale.

That way, you get to collect your ticket based purely on your regular financial commitment to the club, Gold share holders, who invested at least 10k at the last share issue are frequently overlooked by the board have committed a large part of cash and get no benefit whatsoever these days.

I think my priority list is pretty much spot on and I'd welcome anyone else who has there own suggestions to post them here.

Whilst there is a case for rewarding supporters who go to away games by way of a voucher, these games don't benefit the club (that much) financially, and should be reflected accordingly.

The genius of my scheme would be by giving each level of support 'points' - so lets say that a season ticket is worth 10 points, you are a member of the Supporters trust as well, for, say, 3 points and you've got a total of 13.

If you've a season ticket, are a shareholder and a member of City 2000, you might, for example, have 35 points, giving you a bigger priority.

If everyone could register with the club the number of points they hold, the club, when tickets go on sale might, based on the numbers they hold, announce that holders with points totalling '10 and above' have a priority of x number of days, after that point, supporters with between 5 and 10 points can purchase tickets and then, if there is a demand, offer tickets to those with less than 5 points, before putting tickets of general sale.

With the club knowing how many people have got, they'll be able to anticipate demand and invite 'point holders' to buy tickets based on the number they feel they can cope with (it could be, if they anticipate demand like the 'boro game') the stagger it even more, by inviting supporters with 15 or more to come in first (but only able to buy their season ticket seats or empty seats if they aren't a season ticket holder) before inviting other season ticket holders to apply.

It's simple - what would your priority system be?

Bristol!

Sounds good in theory.

I assume that the members include the Junior Strikers!?

I must admit i do feel that city 2000 members should get preference over general sale.

It needs to be debated properly, but I think it will work for both the club and the supporters.

The club can manage the potential contacts they'll be receiving and supporters who 'miss out' on tickets will find it easier to explore the membership/investment opportunities at the club in order to improve their chance of getting a ticket.

Let's say, for example, being a member of the Supporters Trust (I'm not by the way) meant you had 2 or 3 days over 'general sale'.... with game like the 'Boro game, that would be worth it's membership fee several times over.

I'm sure I've missed loads of other schemes the club opperate, but that was just a suggestion.

Lots of debate about tickets and priorities for getting tickets for games, what would you consider to be the best way to reward loyal supporters in terms of helping them get tickets for the game(s) they want to see?

Season Ticket Holders and Gold share holders (although the latter being able to only buy non ST seats)

City 2000/Silver share holders (giving a regular or significant amount to the club)

Supporters Trust members

General Sale.

That way, you get to collect your ticket based purely on your regular financial commitment to the club, Gold share holders, who invested at least 10k at the last share issue are frequently overlooked by the board have committed a large part of cash and get no benefit whatsoever these days.

I think my priority list is pretty much spot on and I'd welcome anyone else who has there own suggestions to post them here.

Whilst there is a case for rewarding supporters who go to away games by way of a voucher, these games don't benefit the club (that much) financially, and should be reflected accordingly.

The genius of my scheme would be by giving each level of support 'points' - so lets say that a season ticket is worth 10 points, you are a member of the Supporters trust as well, for, say, 3 points and you've got a total of 13.

If you've a season ticket, are a shareholder and a member of City 2000, you might, for example, have 35 points, giving you a bigger priority.

If everyone could register with the club the number of points they hold, the club, when tickets go on sale might, based on the numbers they hold, announce that holders with points totalling '10 and above' have a priority of x number of days, after that point, supporters with between 5 and 10 points can purchase tickets and then, if there is a demand, offer tickets to those with less than 5 points, before putting tickets of general sale.

With the club knowing how many people have got, they'll be able to anticipate demand and invite 'point holders' to buy tickets based on the number they feel they can cope with (it could be, if they anticipate demand like the 'boro game') the stagger it even more, by inviting supporters with 15 or more to come in first (but only able to buy their season ticket seats or empty seats if they aren't a season ticket holder) before inviting other season ticket holders to apply.

Bristol!

Where abouts in that list do visitors from Barnet staying at Chew Magna come?

Where abouts in that list do visitors from Barnet staying at Chew Magna come?

Quite simply, at the very end of the list, whereby they'll be more than a little lucky to either find 7 tickets left, or, if there are 7 tickets left, the chances are they won't be sitting together.

Does the suggestion have any merit?

Quite simply, at the very end of the list, whereby they'll be more than a little lucky to either find 7 tickets left, or, if there are 7 tickets left, the chances are they won't be sitting together.

Does the suggestion have any merit?

Yes Rob, sorry for being flippant. I am all for priority lists, and think you have it about right.

You've thought it out and I agree with your priorities, but i think the club will say there's too many levels to serve.

Let's face it there's enough seats at AG to satisfy ALL the groups you mention, the only issue is that the one-game-wonders were allowed to get in quickly with no restrictions on numbers.

Why not offer a simple membership at the start of each season for non S/T's at - say £35 - and with the membership comes a voucher(s) for £10 off any 3 games. So it actually only costs £5 (covers the clubs admin costs) but the one=game wonders won't buy it.

We get a big game and it's S/T's and members first .....then general sale

Job done

codeRed

and what about people like me who don't go to home games, but go to most away games ? I spent well over £125 going to Oldham the other Saturday - that was an expensive one but most seem to come out at £80 - £100+

Whilst you invest your time in your club, you aren't investing your money.

So, if you don't go to games at Ashton Gate, the chances are you won't want a ticket for a home game, regardless of how the tickets are sold and regardless of who we play. (Would be my playing devils advocate - I'm not flaming you).

In terms of you doing 'most' away games, there are games away from the gate that in order for you to get to, you'll need some sort of priority voucher, Gas away in the JPT for example, Cardiff away (a few seasons back).

I'm not knocking you at all for going to away games, live football is fantastic, but the £80 or £100 pounds you've spent going to Oldham would be pretty much a years membership to City 2000 (adding another twenty or thirty quid) and would certainly get you membership to the Supporters Trust.

Granted, you can't please everyone, but if by your own admission you don't go to Ashton Gate, you can't expect much in the way of a priority, with the exception of any ticket stubs you might have that might be called upon.

Far too complicated imo. After all whose going to work out the points tally and then police/monitor it?

Three levles is starightforward enough and there has to be time span between availability.

(1)ST holders

(2)Members

(3)General sale.

Its good practice to all clubs to look after their ST holders and there they should always get top priority.

Far too complicated imo. After all whose going to work the points tally and then police it?

Three levles is starightforward enough and there has to be time span between availability.

(1)ST holders

(2)Members

(3)General sale.

Its good practice to all clubs to look after their ST holders and there they should get top priority.

I agree in part, there are lots of different schemes being run at the gate that require a differing level of financial input, this should be acknowledged.

In terms of tally and police...

They have databases of season ticket holders, City 2000 members, I'm sure the supporters trust would encourage their members to register...

Lets say you get a printed card with your points total on it, and, if you increase your points, you swap that bit of card for another one - likewise, if your points total drops.

Don't dismiss it because it's different!

But what if like me have been to every home game this season bar 3 and 4 away.. Does that make me a unloyal fan because i don't have a season ticket??? So i should be so far down this list!! :noexpression:

The problem is that fans like you are not identifiable to the club.Anyone could could turn up claiming to have attended loads of games.

The problem is that fans like you are not identifiable to the club.Anyone could could turn up claiming to have attended loads of games.

Why, when I buy tickets using cash, do they ask for my name? I go to all home games and some away games. My name, I presume is on a 'database' of some sort....

My name was taken when purchasing JPT tickets for Brighton, but not for FA Cup tickets for Middlesborough.

If names were taken every time, the 'database would be 100% accurate and this could be used for fairer ticket allocation...

A system of earning a point per game from the start of the season would easily determine your loyalty.

What happened last week regarding the General Sales tickets was a bit of a farce to say the least.

I'm sure some kind of loyalty card could be introduced with a points system tailored to suit circumstance. A point for every pound spent and 1000 points for STs. maybe 2 points for away matches when the ticket is bought through the club. Double points for less interesting games like the paint pot thingy.

:)

S

We can be identified if we buy our tickets every game online...... surely :unsure: ........ still think that if you can show tickets stubs dating back to 82 you should get priority :rolleyes:

Whilst you invest your time in your club, you aren't investing your money.

So, if you don't go to games at Ashton Gate, the chances are you won't want a ticket for a home game, regardless of how the tickets are sold and regardless of who we play. (Would be my playing devils advocate - I'm not flaming you).

In terms of you doing 'most' away games, there are games away from the gate that in order for you to get to, you'll need some sort of priority voucher, Gas away in the JPT for example, Cardiff away (a few seasons back).

I'm not knocking you at all for going to away games, live football is fantastic, but the £80 or £100 pounds you've spent going to Oldham would be pretty much a years membership to City 2000 (adding another twenty or thirty quid) and would certainly get you membership to the Supporters Trust.

Granted, you can't please everyone, but if by your own admission you don't go to Ashton Gate, you can't expect much in the way of a priority, with the exception of any ticket stubs you might have that might be called upon.

Great post Rob, and I totally agree with everything you have to say, and to tell you the honest truth it hadn't really passed my mind that I'm actually giving the majority of my money to the other club, and not really investing City - I assume that even if I was to put my cash into the Supporters Trust, it wouldn't be any better for me as I only attend away games.

For the Chelsea game, our priority allocation (each having a couple of days to get their seats, 1-for-1 basis) was:

1. STHs and 'Leagueline' members (basically a £100 annual club membership with a weekly lottery and a few extras)

2. For the home leg, those who were registered as buying tickets for over 3 home games this season, for the away leg over 3 away tickets

3. those who had bought either 3 home or 3 away

4. those who had been to 1 game

5. general sale

Supporters Trust members

General Sale.

Bristol!

Spot on young man. The BEST way to hand tickets out. NOT the Sexton way... :clapping: :clapping:

You've thought it out and I agree with your priorities, but i think the club will say there's too many levels to serve.

Let's face it there's enough seats at AG to satisfy ALL the groups you mention, the only issue is that the one-game-wonders were allowed to get in quickly with no restrictions on numbers.

Why not offer a simple membership at the start of each season for non S/T's at - say £35 - and with the membership comes a voucher(s) for £10 off any 3 games. So it actually only costs £5 (covers the clubs admin costs) but the one=game wonders won't buy it.

We get a big game and it's S/T's and members first .....then general sale

Job done

codeRed

I like this idea. And we can add photo ID and make it a card that allows you entry to the east End, and can be confiscated for being a "knuckle-dragger" (copyright RedTop)

I think the £10 off 3 games should be £5 off 6 games, to further deter less regular supporters. although you should be allowed to opt out of this and join the ST OR SC instead for a year, thus raising the profile of a campaigning organisation / drinking club.

Rob, I like your scheme, but it requires precision in terms of what day you turn up. I feel that three levels will allow a two-three day window for each set of fan (assuming 2 weeks before each match), and less confusion. I also feel the idea of swapping cards with points on them is WAY too complex, although maybe the club should look at swipe-card season tickets like Chelsea, which would make this more doable.

Some top suggestions all round I say!

Hopefully those who get to speak to the board will take on some of the suggestions, refine it all slightly and walk away from their meeting confident that a new priority scheme will be implemented that ensures those who make the biggest commitment to the club, get 'first dibs' on tickets.

Fingers crossed the club look at how to sensibly stagger callers and personal visits to the ticket office in order to consistantly sell tickets for matches whilst looking to de-crease the impact on supporters who'd like to attend!

Top debating fellow Cityites!

Now, I've got to try and find a ticket for tomorrow!

Archived