IGNORED

It's In Our Hands

greenun

It's been said before and I'm sorry to bore you again.....,

but we've ALL got to do everything in our power to make the MAXIMUM amount of noise at Ashton Gate between now and the end of the season. It could mean the difference between automatic promotion, or facing the lottery of the play-offs.

So let's brainstorm some ideas of how to raise the roof. Be it with singing, horns hooters or musical instruments. Perhaps volunteers can conduct sections of the crowd around the ground, or alternatively persuade Lee Sanders and his operatic chums to proclaim, "COME ON YOU REEEDS!".

We DON'T want a repeat of the embarassing silences in some parts of the ground, during last season's play-off semi-final against Cardiff. NEVER AGAIN!

Every supporter MUST play there part, by singing and shouting their support.

Don't be embarassed SING US TO PROMOTION.

Ring Geoff Twentyman's show on Friday and bombard all the relevant media. Plaster every message board and City forum.

If your neighbour isn't singing MAKE THEM FEEL EMBARASSED. A tiny dig in the ribs may help, but is not obligatory.

Fill the Steve L/Colin S forum with ideas.

The fightback starts NOW for automatic promotion.

THE STAKES ARE TOO HIGH - ITS CITY 'TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bore me al you like greenun......and then some.

Keep up the GREAT work. ;):cool::cool:

MAY YOU LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

CITY FANS OF THE WORLD UNITE

"MARIGOLDS TO SWINDLE" APRIL 10 2004 :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Every supporter MUST play there part, by singing and shouting their support.

Don't be embarassed SING US TO PROMOTION.

Fill the Steve L/Colin S forum with ideas.

The fightback starts NOW for automatic promotion.

THE STAKES ARE TOO HIGH - ITS CITY 'TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone with ideas, nice one mate. The fightback has begun!

Better than listening the mindless happy clappys.

Good one to start the ball rolling then: GET A STRIKER ON LOAN FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON THEN!!!! We can go up automatically then Danny Boy!!

We cant rely on what we have, so just go for it!

someone with ideas, nice one mate. The fightback has begun!

Better than listening the mindless happy clappys.

Good one to start the ball rolling then: GET A STRIKER ON LOAN FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON THEN!!!! We can go up automatically then Danny Boy!!

We cant rely on what we have, so just go for it!

I think you will find the ones singing the loudest will be the happy clappys unlike the doom and gloom merchants who have all but given up.

I know which camp I stand in.

I think you will find the ones singing the loudest will be the happy clappys unlike the doom and gloom merchants who have all but given up.

I'm the first to admit I've questioned some of Danny Wilson's managerial decisions along the way but, come match day, I'm as happy clappy as the next man - if 'happy clappy' means supporting the lads throughout.

Anyone who is giving up now shouldn't be surprised if the team do the same. After all, why should they expect more of others than they are prepared to give themselves?

To me, it isn't about the board, the players, the manager and the fans, it's about Bristol City Football Club. We're all an integral part of that club, we're all as vital as each other in the push for promotion and we all have a role to play in doing all we can to achieve our goal.

Directors, managers and players will all come and go, but we will always be here, so it's in our own interests, more than anyone else's, to support the shirt and drive the club on to promotion.

Dont patronise me, I support City through thick and thin as well mate. Unlike some fickle fans, every season I've only ever boo-ed City off once, that ######* game at Wycombe earlier this season(Thats this same team playing now incidentally!), but that doesnt make you or me any better supporter.

I happen to be less confident of promotion, for a specific reason. The reason is valid, and all the cheering in the world cant make something happen. We do (well I hope so) lift the boys every game, but taking pressure off players is also supporting the team, and what Edson says its right players, managers and boards come and go- even some supporters, but we're still going to be here, and yeah I will be mate- Cider-Red for life not just promotions, been there with far too many relegations too.

If you find "happy clappy " patronising, fair do's I use the expression which everyone on forum does. I think its naff, because people like you aint religious zealots, or blind followers. what you are is optimistic, in your eyes, because we're good enough, and you happen to see no fault in our illustrious manager. so I guess you are right to dislike the expression, but I and obviously no body else can think of a better one. Same as "Gloom & Doom Mechants" Naff, and I dont pay attention to it....

For those of us that dont share your optimism, most of us have reasoned why we think we aint going to. some aint, cos they just dont like DW.

Few of you have really given any real reason for optimism. More than a few of you seem to be blindly thinking we're up, and we just have to turn up. You appear to have considerable misgivings about certain aspects, probably not dissimilar to mine, but to this us for "not supporting the club" cos we dont blindly think we'll go up, is wrong.

One advantage of living among other teams areas is I get a cool hard look at teams/supporters, and I aint seen anybody say we're going up, among other supporters, and you usually find some of this for us every year. Gives me a more cautious approach. If you think thats negative tis your choice, but too many years of watching this team blow it, makes you wary. And truthfully the strike force in particular is not a patch on other City promotion teams, and although we have 3-4 good players, we really aint the league leaders we think we are. The potential IS there, but it aint ACHEIVED what it could do yet, and that is a shame for us all.

Who you really want to be having a go at is those who boo City off after one lousy performance, following an 11 match run, or DW for not changing things which aint working around.

Few of you have really given any real reason for optimism. More than a few of you seem to be blindly thinking we're up, and we just have to turn up.
That is my point. I don't think we just have to turn up. I take the completely opposite view. That is why I think Oldham will not be pushovers on Saturday and I urge the crowd to get behind the team.

At this stage of the season there are no easy games. It doesn't matter if we are playing Wycombe or Plymouth, every team will be battling for three points. We need to battle that bit harder. That is where the fans can play a big part but negativity can become a mindset and I'm sure that it can be passed on to the players.

It would actually be very interesting to hear Tinman's views, either on the forum or in The Incider. Do the players pick up on the crowd's reaction and what sort of effect does it have? (Edson or TomF any chance of this?).

If you find "happy clappy " patronising, fair do's I use the expression which everyone on forum does. I think its naff, because people like you aint religious zealots, or blind followers.. so I guess you are right to dislike the expression, but I and obviously no body else can think of a better one. Same as "Gloom & Doom Mechants" Naff, and I dont pay attention to it....

For those of us that dont share your optimism, most of us have reasoned why we think we aint going to. some aint, cos they just dont like DW.

Few of you have really given any real reason for optimism. ,

One advantage of living among other teams areas is I get a cool hard look at teams/supporters, and I aint seen anybody say we're going up, among other supporters, and you usually find some of this for us every year. Gives me a more cautious approach. If you think thats negative tis your choice, but too many years of watching this team blow it, makes you wary. And truthfully the strike force in particular is not a patch on other City promotion teams, and although we have 3-4 good players, we really aint the league leaders we think we are. The potential IS there, but it aint ACHEIVED what it could do yet, and that is a shame for us all.

, following an 11 match run, or DW for not changing things which aint working around.

what you are is optimistic, in your eyes, because we're good enough, and you happen to see no fault in our illustrious manager

No, because I truly think we have a good shot and i prefer to be positive.I happen to like Danny's style and I think the players like him to.Doesnt mean i agree with him,but i'll back him.

More than a few of you seem to be blindly thinking we're up, and we just have to turn up.

No, i think we'll have to find some form in front of goal,keep a fairly settled side and capitalise upon our fine defensive record.

but to this us for "not supporting the club" cos we dont blindly think we'll go up, is wrong.

"this"?= Diss?

True, but so is pillorying people for being(not without some reason) optimistic.If I dont always give reasons for my faith it doesnt mean I dont have any(reasons that is)

Who you really want to be having a go at is those who boo City off after one lousy performance
These are the same people who "blindly" think we are going up.not because they're "clappys" :cool: but because they're morons who know nothing about sport in general and football in particular.

This started as a positive thread.Less Faction called for dont you think? ;)

Extaordinary! It now seems that we City fans are formally dividing ourselves into two opposing factions, The 'Happy Clappies' vs. The 'Doom & Gloom Merchants'! Bloody hell, which camp do I join?

Well let's see, I'm optimistic of promotion, yet old enough and wise enough to know we might miss out out yet again (seen it all too many times). I've nevered booed the team, shouted abuse at our players or manager or left a game before the final whistle, yet I've often been angered at inept performances, questionable team selections and inappropriate substitutions. I always try to shout and sing and encourage the team during matches, but fall quiet when everyone else does.

I'm confused, which club should I sign up with? ;) Can we form a 'Quite Hopeful' faction?

It would actually be very interesting to hear Tinman's views, either on the forum or in The Incider.  Do the players pick up on the crowd's reaction and what sort of effect does it have? (Edson or TomF any chance of this?). 
Yes, they do.

One thing that is easy to forget, is how young our team is and how quickly their confidence can be shattered by negative comments. The confidence of a young player is very fragile and it's important we remember that.

They do hear it and it does affect them.

I also know for a fact that the players have picked up on the improvement in atmosphere since the East End was opened to home fans, and they are grateful for the additional noise that has been created as a result.

The players love playing in front of a big crowd with the fans supporting them, but negative reaction can have a dramatically adverse effect.

As Tins said recently "We are all in this together". I think that is the bottom line and, as a result, it's vital we stick together through thick and thin.

Guest bemmyred

Whether the players have performed in front of a sub 10,000 crowd with an empty E/E or a recent 13,000 attendance with a block and a half of eastenders cheering them on the performances hav'nt really got better.

So the fact that the improved atmosphere has inspired them is a bit of a myth.

You will also find that the moaners are equally, if not more passionate to see City succeed than the happy clappies.

I hav'nt spent hours on freezing railway specials to the likes of Carlisle or got on a coach at 6.00 in the morning before motorways were built hoping to see us lose .

Why shouldnt we say how we feel without the worry of damaging our players egos.

Any genuine supporter must agree that our football has'nt been of promotion potential this season and as Bucks Red has said half the players couldnt lace previous promotion teams boots. They can only perform against what is put in front of them and that to be honest has been pretty dismal.

Quite frankly I think you are talking through your backside - as has been said recently, Portsmouth get tremendous vocal support and are still going down. Manure get lousy vocal support and win championships. Maybe we would get further if everyone shuts up :blink:

There are ( at least) two different issues here...

General noise, support, chanting, singing is great to encourage the players. Sometimes the play doesn't encourage a lot of noise, but then perhaps some singing would spur the players on! :blink:

More 'sinister' though is something which has been touched upon elsewhere, when a player is taunted or criticised by someone in the crowd. Occasional mumblings to those around is irritating enough but understandable, but why do fans insist on yelling out harsh comments loud enough for a player to hear - don't they realise that it's bound to affect the player's confidence? This happens time and again to one or two players, almost whether they are playing well or indifferently.

It is inevitable that people will disagree and argue and criticise - that's human nature, but the so-called fans who shout abuse at players when they are playing are in no way helping the team, and I just wish they could appreciate the negative effect their actions have.

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ARE NOT A VERY GOOD CLUB OR TEAM.

THEY OWN A SMALL STADIUM IN THE WEST OF ENGLAND.

THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM PLAY IN THE THIRD LEVEL OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL.

THE SUPPORT IS MINUTE AMONGST WORLD FOOTBALL.

I LOVE BRISTOL FOOTBALL CLUB

its a shame we cant have those annoying airhorns like the milli stadium. those going when queer p r and the ply mouths are trying to sing would be summit else.

Why Bud, are they banned in Football League grounds?

If so, can we try something else like megaphones?

Any ideas?

Archived