IGNORED

Wayne Andrews (merged threads)

Keep the Faith

In his interview on World he says:

"If the gaffer wants me, I'd like to stay"

"At the minute its in limbo but I'd be more than happy to stay"

I for one would be happy if he stays as I think he could add alot to our squad but I suppose its down to the new manager at Coventry. He also talks about the good banter at the club and how we're a club going places so it sounds like he's happy. I think he's the striker with the bit of pace that we really need and having pace up front is an essential option if we are struggling to break teams down and away from home can provide a great outlet to relieve the pressure.

Wayne comes accross as a good lad, and makes several comments about "nobes" "scotty" and "louis" which suggests he is fitting in socially really well. He also mentions a joke the "boys" were playing on everyone at the oldham game. apparently there was a locked door to nowhere in the dressing room and they kept telling people it was the toilet. when they went to open it they'd all give it a "waahheeyyyyyy" which he thought was ammusing :)

Anyway, aside from him fitting in, he seems to want to stay here if the manager wants him. He says hes really enjoying his time here, its nice to be playing football and he feels that the way this team plays he can score in every game. He likes the style of football and also likes not being the target man. He says he can do his own thing which is the freedom he likes.

I would guess that alot of his future will be decided when the Pospisil situation is finalised. I can't see gary taking both of them on...can u ??? :dunno:

Looks like a good player and wouldn't mind have him at the Gate for atleast the end of the season where we can then judge if hes good enough for the next step. Possibly Gary's best loan signing?

Its hard to judge after only 2 games, but yes he is certainly looking like a good bit of business just when we needed some backup.

Guest ashtonyate

I just wondered how injury prone he is, on one of the pictures i have seen he seems to have a support on his knee?? we don't want another hanger on.

Injured for most of his time at Crystal Palace but he is well worth another month AT LEAST, hopefully until the end of the season.

Could GJ have found the fox in the box player we need?.

BCAGFC

Hi, Palace fan from the southeast at Uni in Bristol. Went to see you beat Brighton last week (which was funny as I was in the Brighton end with one of my mates) which was my first time at Ashton Gate, hope to go back soon.

Andrews will give you 100% every game, he'll chase down all the lost causes and will be a good player to get on loan til the end of the season. Didn't really cut it for us in his first season, but then we were in the Prem and he's not Prem standard. Performed better in the Championship, but probably more League 1 level. It was good to see him again the other day, and to see him score (a rarity for us!).

Good luck for the next few games! :tongue:

Archived