IGNORED

Kevin Amankwaah

Was anyone else completly unimpressed with Kev's contribution on Saturday ??

For weeks now there has been loads of postings on why we should bring him back from Cheltenham, and put him back in the first team due to his pace and trickery,

However when DW finally brings him back and gives him a chance, he looks completly disintrested, he had a good spell for the first 3 or 4 minutes and after that just dropped out of the game, didnt seem like he wanted the ball, hadly made any forward runs, gave the ball away to easily.

to be honest if we stick to playing 3-5-2 (which we wont!) i would much rather see louis than give big Kev a run out after his performance on saturday.

Was anyone else completly unimpressed with Kev's contribution on Saturday ??

For weeks now there has been loads of postings on why we should bring him back from Cheltenham, and put him back in the first team due to his pace and trickery,

However when DW finally brings him back and gives him a chance, he looks completly disintrested, he had a good spell for the first 3 or 4 minutes and after that just dropped out of the game, didnt seem like he wanted the ball, hadly made any forward runs, gave the ball away to easily.

to be honest if we stick to playing 3-5-2 (which we wont!) i would much rather see louis than give big Kev a run out after his performance on saturday.

Funny you should say that because plenty of people have taking the MICKEY out of me saying "game changed when Big Kev came on" "watch out Luc only a matter of time before Carey's dropped" etc...

Have to say i wasnt particulary impressed though...

:PC_Plod: Edited for Swearing :PC_Plod:

Guest gastillidie

When he was playing for Cheltnham against us I thought he was #### really. I spoke to my mate who is a city fan and he said he must of had a bad game as he thinks he is quite a good player.

I think your comments on Kev are a little harsh,Pirvate Cider - youve got to remember that Kev hasn't played in this City side for a good while now, so I don't think we'll see the bes tout of him just yet.

I agree with you that he had a quiet game, but I wouldn't say he was disappointing, and I'm certain he wasn't disinterested!

Give the lad a chance, with a few games under his belt I can see him being a great threat for us going forward. I'd have him in the team now instead of Carey because we need someone who attacks players with pace from the midfield - Carey's a good, solid player, but I think Kev in a 3-5-2 formation would be a great outlet for us, especially when trying to break down teams at home. :sport19:

He did ok, nothing more than that, but like someone has already said, it will take time for him to settle in since being recalled. (Miller and Wilshire are still trying to settle in).

For me, the game took on a different perspective once Lita came on, wanted the ball, full of running and actually looked interested.

Now, there's a change from normal.

The main differences between Carey - who has in my opinion been having a bad season to date - and Amankwaah, are 1) Kevin is a damned sight faster and that will be a great advantage, and 2) Carey has this annoying habit of resorting to the long ball down the opposition's throat which so far Amankwaah has resisted.

I don't know about anyone else but I think part of City's poor season to date has been the overuse of the long ball, something I have for 25 years been saying gives the opposition the ball rather than creating anything of use for the long ball artists. It worked for so many years in this country because the opposition also played long ball so we had instances of head-tennis, but now with many teams relying on a passing game the long ball teams generally have died a death.

Pity City seem to be relying on this more often than not. Co-incidence that their form is poor this season? Not in my book.

Guest Red_Atyeo

It could well be because he got a tweak after he came on. It was by the corner flag next to the Atyeo/Dolman stands and Tinnion was willing him on. This injury might of put him off taking people on.

I actually thought that Kev had a good game. Wed's left back was shocking though!! I was sat with my mate who's a sheff wed fan in the Williams stand and he was disgusted with the left back and liked Kev. He also loved Hill....who can blame him for that!!

I though Carey was dire and Amankwaah not much better.The right wing -back position was vacant most of the game.Carey can`t cut it unless the ball's in front of him.Getting a pass from behind throws him completely.Amankwaah looked as though he was playing in a different game.

Its no suprise that City's goal came from the left.

Roberts is a better attacking option out wide right but he lacks defensive qualities

Whil I grant that he didn't overly pose a threat on his division 2 debut this season, what he did do was this:

He scared their left back which in itself applies pressure

He got the crowd off their seats and behind the team which seemed to gee the whole team up

The potential threat that he could've posed stretched their midfield a bit wider creating more space

All positive effects, albeit indirect.

Quite right.

I'm a fan of KA as he was but this car crash seems to have caused major problems.

After two months on loan he should be match fit and he was knackered after 10 minutes and that's probably why DW didn't start with him.

He couldn't go past anyone at pace and backed out of one 50/50 tackle.

Archived