IGNORED

signings

mossey

so it looks like no new signings, no new forward, am I the only one to feel alittle disappointed? esp after last night, still feel we need another opition up front, just hope this isn't going to cost us in the long run

I'm sure Johnson is as disapointed as all of us.It was a shame that Pospisil deal didn't work out but at least Andrews is now at AG untill the end of the season.

so it looks like no new signings, no new forward, am I the only one to feel alittle disappointed? esp after last night, still feel we need another opition up front, just hope this isn't going to cost us in the long run

ummm, defo no new signings since the window has closed, however they have extended the Loan spell of Wayne Andrews until the end of the season following his impressive start in his 1st two games,

so they have brought in a signing,

not disapointed at all in the transfer window activies, 4 players brought into the club, brought in 2 players who have been impressive at the previous clubs on perm deals for good fews, plus andrew and a 3rd choice keeper who was available and is good for cover.

also all 3 players are experienced players and not untried rookies,

good movement in the transfer window by Johnson, he also moved on a couple of players who aren't in his long term plans

It is possible we'll still see further signings. Trialists can sign if they're unattached and there's always the option of loaning.

I'm disappointed that we still don't have a left winger and we could have done with a striker but Betsy and Wilson look decent acquisitions and I like the way GJ is very selective.

It is possible we'll still see further signings. Trialists can sign if they're unattached and there's always the option of loaning.

I'm disappointed that we still don't have a left winger and we could have done with a striker but Betsy and Wilson look decent acquisitions and I like the way GJ is very selective.

although he possibly prefers to play right back, I think Wilson has been signed to cover the left wing role, judging by the fact he has started both games their, that could be true, too early to tell if he can be effective there, Oldham he was fanstastic in that position, last night not so, but too early to tell,

looking around, think finding a proven left sided player is proving to be tough at this level, and knowing that Wilson can do the job well in the short-term (well judging on last season anyway) I think GJ possible brought him in because to cover that role, with the bonus that if/when he does find a natural left winger, Wilson can move into right back/right wing. hopefully he should do a good job out their and personally think he is more exeperined at the role and possibly better in that position that anyone else currently at the club, so in that way it can be seen as an improvement to the team.......well maybe

although he possibly prefers to play right back, I think Wilson has been signed to cover the left wing role, judging by the fact he has started both games their, that could be true, too early to tell if he can be effective there, Oldham he was fanstastic in that position, last night not so, but too early to tell,

looking around, think finding a proven left sided player is proving to be tough at this level, and knowing that Wilson can do the job well in the short-term (well judging on last season anyway) I think GJ possible brought him in because to cover that role, with the bonus that if/when he does find a natural left winger, Wilson can move into right back/right wing. hopefully he should do a good job out their and personally think he is more exeperined at the role and possibly better in that position that anyone else currently at the club, so in that way it can be seen as an improvement to the team.......well maybe

I agree he may well have been signed to play there but we still need a real left footed left winger - they might be hard to find but other teams seem to have managed to do it.

Last season he was playing against League two right backs, he's not had the same sort of form on the left wing this season when he's played there. We'll see how he does over a few games although it wouldn't surprise me if he's dropped for the next one to accommodate Betsy.

I think you're right that if we find a left footer we'll see Wilson migrate to right back.

I agree with Nibor and bh_red on this. Wilson can play left wing, but as GJ states everytime he's asked, he is looking for a left winger, but they're hard to find, especially ones who fit the bill in terms of attitude, workrate etc. Perhaps GJ lack of willingness to accomodate "flair" players will cost us, perhaps it won't.

One thing that can't be faulted is the board and their backing for GJ. We've signed another right winger despite having one on target for fifteen goals this season already.

GJ has a squad he's happy with and one he believes is good enough (as do i) to get promotion. There's always room for improvement of course as we all know.

I like the way you say no new signings and no new forward, and say how disapopointed you are and yet completely ignore the fact that we have actually brought 4 into the club? one of which is a forward???

:disapointed2se:

I like the way you say no new signings and no new forward, and say how disapopointed you are and yet completely ignore the fact that we have actually brought 4 into the club? one of which is a forward???

:disapointed2se:

christ we must have the biggest squad in league 1, you can't keep just bringing in players for the sake of it, surely what we have now should be good enough.

what is brian wilson and kevin betsy then , wayne andrews and the young goal keeper from QPR then

ours imaginations

At the end of the transfer window being reduced to Mcome playing at centre forward says it all!

ummmmm, what has McCombe played up front?

he goes up for Corners and Free Kick, but that is because the fact he is 6ft 7in and good in the air

how about the fact of......jevons - injured, brooker - injured, loan signing brought to the club to cover their injuries - Andrews - injured in 1st half

tell me a club that can manage with having 3 forwards injured (chelsea not included?)

ummmmm, what has McCombe played up front?

he goes up for Corners and Free Kick, but that is because the fact he is 6ft 7in and good in the air

how about the fact of......jevons - injured, brooker - injured, loan signing brought to the club to cover their injuries - Andrews - injured in 1st half

tell me a club that can manage with having 3 forwards injured (chelsea not included?)

Fair comment but GJ is on record as saying Andrews was not injured and the sub was tactical.

I've read that Andrews was doubtful to start last night, which explains why he was subbed. GJ did all he could to recruit Pospisil, but even though we have got Brooker and Jevons out, we are left with Enoch, Andrews,Jeno, Murray and Betsy who can all play up front and he bravely trialled the 4-5-1 against Boro, which proved that Nobes can play in 'the hole'. A panic last ditch signing, including signing on fee and wages would be a waste, IMO.If I am right, GJ has only spent, in fees, what we have earned in the cups, so hopefully Mr Lansdown's moneybags will be lightened in the summer, when the sensible deals can be done.

Personally I am happy with signings he has made. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Archived