IGNORED

The Tinman Song

Andy Horsman

I know that some will question this suggestion immediately,but bear with me. Man Utd fans regularly sing still about their Gallic Genius Cantona, so why can't we revive this all-time City classic tribute to our Geordie Genius in time for our double-header with the Gas? It's not disrespectful to GJ as it refers to when Tinman played, and it was always a great favourite, paying tribute to a City playing legend.(and as a bonus it winds the gasheads up!!!!!)

Your views please....

I know that some will question this suggestion immediately,but bear with me. Man Utd fans regularly sing still about their Gallic Genius Cantona, so why can't we revive this all-time City classic tribute to our Geordie Genius in time for our double-header with the Gas? It's not disrespectful to GJ as it refers to when Tinman played, and it was always a great favourite, paying tribute to a City playing legend.(and as a bonus it winds the gasheads up!!!!!)

Your views please....

Why ??, Cantona and Tinnion have nothing in common. Cantona was French, played top flight and international football, was a good footballer, a legend at his club, and, won several major honours at the highest level.

Where are he similarities.? :dunno:

Our squad has moved on since the dark days when Tinnion roamed the senate. Some players may know him as a sad, bitter, failed manager, one or two may remember him as an over hyped one footer, but the majority of the squad probably wouldn't have heard of him.

Tinnion is no more a legend than Dave Martin, Gary Stanley, Gus Caesar, Alex Russell and all the other midfield journeymen we've had to put up with over the seasons.

As far as I'm concerned it is a $h1t song about an overated footballer, and is best consigned to the football song scrap heap.

Let us get behind the current players, perhaps they would appreciate it more.

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Why ??, Cantona and Tinnion have nothing in common. Cantona was French, played top flight and international football, was a good footballer, a legend at his club, and, won several major honours at the highest level.

Our squad has moved on since the dark days when Tinnion roamed the senate. Some players may know him as a sad, bitter, failed manager, one or two may remember him as an over hyped one footer, but the majority of the squad probably wouldn't have heard of him.

Tinnion is no more a legend than Dave Martin, Gary Stanley, Gus Caesar, Alex Russell and all the other midfield journeymen we've had to put up with over the seasons.

As far as I'm concerned it is a $h1t song about an overated footballer, and is best consigned to the football song scrap heap.

For B Tinnions outstanding loyalty & contribution to BCFC over many years I think the man deserves 'City Legend' status, if it werent for his ill-fated stint in the managers chair - there would be very few City fans to dissagree with the label CITY LEGEND. IMO.

For B Tinnions outstanding loyalty & contribution to BCFC over many years I think the man deserves 'City Legend' status, if it werent for his ill-fated stint in the managers chair - there would be very few City fans to dissagree with the label CITY LEGEND. IMO.

In your opinion.

Loyalty, or "the comfort zone" which he failed to break during his mangerial tenure?

Contribution, One promotion, TWO relegations.

An extraordinary reaction. Not to the song, but to the player. "Tinnion is no more a legend than Dave Martin, Gary Stanley, Gus Caesar, Alex Russell and all the other midfield journeymen we've had to put up with over the seasons."

If that's really what you think then words fail me.

My minds gone blank what Tinman Song are we on about?

The song goes:

Tinman is a Shithead

He wears a red & white hat

He plays for Bristol City

He is a very nice chap

He really hates the rovers

He wishes they were dead

And if he sees a gashead

He'll kick him in the head

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh......

...but according to 'Arpaul' he wasn't very good after all, so forget it :no:

The similarity is in the "great player, legend at his club" line. Tinnion and Murray between them made this team for a number of years and he is one of the most wonderfully talented and loyal.. yes... loyal players I have ever seen in my (relatively) brief time supporting the club. To call him a journeyman is ludicrous in my opinion.

But then, you know we disagree massively on this one - we have been here before :)

In your opinion.

Loyalty, or "the comfort zone" which he failed to break during his mangerial tenure?

Contribution, One promotion, TWO relegations.

Hmm, you really didnt like him did you mate..!

Promotion - not down to one man alone, likewise - Relegations not down to one man either = Ridiculous Arguement.

Loyalty? ... yeah thats what I'd call it mate.

Comfort Zone? - an unfortunate 'club culture' at AG did develop thankfully now sorted (took a well known HAND GRENADE to do it though) -wouldnt put the blame on Tinman for it either (more to do with a group of pi$$heads) he had to play with for a while.

- when I think of Tinman in terms of comfort on the pitch it was usually the feeling of confidence he created for fans & fellow players alike that when he had the ball 9 times out of 10 he'd do the right thing with it.

Managerial role ... agreed thats when things turned sour - wasnt the man for the job, didnt have the hand-grenades etc & was badly let down by some who couldve/shouldve made his life in the hotseat a bit easier.. YES TINNION FAILED IN THE HOTSEAT.. but I cant believe how easily/eager some people seem to be to dismiss his achievements as a Great City Player.. (bet he loved BCFC a million times more than some critics erm, I mean (so-called) City supporters not too far from a pc keyboard right now!)

The similarity is in the "great player, legend at his club" line. Tinnion and Murray between them made this team for a number of years and he is one of the most wonderfully talented and loyal.. yes... loyal players I have ever seen in my (relatively) brief time supporting the club. To call him a journeyman is ludicrous in my opinion.

But then, you know we disagree massively on this one - we have been here before :)

It goes without saying the duration of your support is not important here Luke. Arpaul asserts that he has supported City since 67/68, and therefore he demands our respect.....

....yet he suggests Tinnion was a 'journeyman' at our club, which implies to me either that he has personal 'issues' with Brian, or that he doesn't actually understand football or Bristol City Football Club.......in my humble opinion......

For us youngsters Tinnion is the closest to a City legend as we've seen (possible exception of Murray). The one thing I remember from my first City game is Tinnion running across to take a corner, clenching his fist to try and raise the fans.

The man loved the club, played with passion and was one of our best players, so to say he was a journeyman is very disrespectful imo. But then I'm sure this argument has been done to death many times before.

Still, yes I think it would be quality to sing his song. The main factor being that it tries to insult the Sagheads.

Sure Gary Johnson would welcome a journeyman like Tinman into the squad with open arms- he is up there with the best I have seen at Ashton Gate over my time watching with the likes of Hunter, Gow, Whitehead Cheeseley, Merrick, Cormack, Cole in terms of ability and equal to any in terms of contribution to the club as a player.

Remember Anfield???

As regards the song watched a film on one of my many flights recently with the establishment of a fake college in the US Known as South Harmon Institute of Technology, where they had clearly heard the song and referred to themselves gleefully at S.h.i.t heads-

Your views please....

Why sing about Tinnion??

change the words, sing about Murray or Enoch

**** it if I attempt to start the song when we play the gas, I sit in H block, Ayeto, Row q seat 2 who is going to join in?

Hmm, now what shall I do to your seat...

Not sure how Tinman cn be labelled a Journeyman..he only played for 3 teams, and I'm not sure he even started a game for Newcastle...

After comments he alledgedly made about BCFC a few weeks ago, he clearly doesnt hold us in high regard anymore..

So why should we hold him in such high regard?

Hes gone. Move on.

The comments were about the club rathetr than the fans though right? Just a point.

Hmm, now what shall I do to your seat...

Not sure how Tinman cn be labelled a Journeyman..he only played for 3 teams, and I'm not sure he even started a game for Newcastle...

Jesus I hate being drunk....Last time I come home and drink bottles of beer while chatting to a girl I like until the early morning, I might as well have given you my adress. :noexpression:

For the record I wont be singing the song at all, but Tinnion will always be a legend to me...

Guest MaloneFM

In the key of C

Flappy is a gashead, he used to sulk and pout

He thought he was the greatest till Johnson ######d him out

He's not as good as Basso

He's just a ######g clown

And like he did the last time

He's taking Rovers down

Ivor Novello is spinning in his grave already

Archived