IGNORED

The Tinman Song

Andy Horsman

The comments were about the club rathetr than the fans though right? Just a point.

personally any person making negative comments about the club, I take quite personally,

however he lost respect from many when he did have a pop at the fans after the reception Danny Wilson got when he came back with MK Dons.

personally I just look at him now as another former player who was bitter about how he left, one of many unfortunately.

geniuousatwork Tinnion is a legend, he served over 10 years at the club, 500 games. Anyone who plays for City that long deserves recognition more than "an overated footballer". I'll be honest , his time as manager was a disaster. However, explain this to me, if he's not a City legend how come he is the only player of recent times to be in our "all time team". (for those who might not rememeber the all time team was picked about 3 years back around about September 4th(don't know whene xactly) to commerate the centeneray. A panel of past players plus Danny Wilson chose it. Why put tunnion in it if he is an over rated player.

He scored the goal against Liverpool as well, surely that alone gives him a special place within the club. No one could question his loyalty, passion and desire for the club. I rememeber one game against Hartlepool when we were winning in the last mintue on a hot day near the beginning of a season. Their goalie came up for a corner, and when he was running back into his goal the ball got cleared towars his end right in the corner, Tinnion ran the whole length of the pitch and forced the keeper into a mistake to win a throw in(this was injury time and he was probaly oldest player on the pitch).

geniuousatwork Tinnion is a legend, he served over 10 years at the club, 500 games. Anyone who plays for City that long deserves recognition more than "an overated footballer". I'll be honest , his time as manager was a disaster. However, explain this to me, if he's not a City legend how come he is the only player of recent times to be in our "all time team". (for those who might not rememeber the all time team was picked about 3 years back around about September 4th(don't know whene xactly) to commerate the centeneray. A panel of past players plus Danny Wilson chose it. Why put tunnion in it if he is an over rated player.

He scored the goal against Liverpool as well, surely that alone gives him a special place within the club. No one could question his loyalty, passion and desire for the club. I rememeber one game against Hartlepool when we were winning in the last mintue on a hot day near the beginning of a season. Their goalie came up for a corner, and when he was running back into his goal the ball got cleared towars his end right in the corner, Tinnion ran the whole length of the pitch and forced the keeper into a mistake to win a throw in(this was injury time and he was probaly oldest player on the pitch).

all time teams.......they do those every couple of years, last one I remember had Shaun Taylor in it.

Tinnion over-rated......possibly, scored a iconic goal against Liverpool, but apart from that didn't do to much of serious note while at the club.

It goes without saying the duration of your support is not important here Luke. Arpaul asserts that he has supported City since 67/68, and therefore he demands our respect.....

Wrong. I demand nothing other than an opinion. How long I have supported City is possibly irrelevant, but what it is meant to imply is that, In the time that I have been watching Bristol City, I have seen far better players than Brian Tinnion

....yet he suggests Tinnion was a 'journeyman' at our club, which implies to me either that he has personal 'issues' with Brian, or that he doesn't actually understand football or Bristol City Football Club.......in my humble opinion......

Wrong again. What I said was that he was no better than certain other players I mentioned, and, all other journeymen we had to put up with. I can't see where I said Tinnion is a journeyman. I have no issues with the man, I've never met him!! However, I would gladly sit and talk City with you. I'm always in the Supporters Club from about 1pm onwards on matchdays.

Tinnion repersents Bristol City for me, to seem him after the game against Swansea made me relize just how much I loved him, it bought tears to my eyes, how many managers/players do you know that would react taht badly to a loss?

I can assure you it brought tears to my eyes as well!! I remember Terry Cooper being manager when we lost 7-1 at Northampton back in 82-83 (?) He stood strong, defended his players and took the club forward and up.

scored a iconic goal against Liverpool, but apart from that didn't do to much of serious note while at the club.

My point exactly

Archived