IGNORED

Familys not welcome to Ashton Gate?

JudgeRed

My family and i would like to go to watch Bristol City v Bristol Rovers but looking at the ticket infomation it reads either i can buy 1 or 2 tickets per - person.

Which means if i get 2 tickets? - 1) My girlfriend and our 9yr old son goes, or 2) My girlfriend and i go and leave our son at home, or 3) I go with our son and leave my girlfriend at home.

ALL!!!!! 3 of us would like to go TOGETHER!!!!! as a family night out at a Bristol derby.

Am i angry?!?! Too bloody right i am :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Is there ANYONE out there who can help? All 3 of us realy want to go and SIT!!! together.

families are welcomed at ashton gate.

you have a season ticket so you can get an extra ticket but you will have to wait until

they go on general sale. they can't give every season ticket holders an extra extra ticket.

They could actually, there are enough tickets to allow each ST holder to buy two.

There'd likely still be a good few thousand left over for general sale.

They could actually, there are enough tickets to allow each ST holder to buy two.

yes but it has to be fair to everybody.

every time we sell tickets for a big game there will be someone that doesn't like the way they are selling them.

I don't think that's right somehow.

There are between 8,000 and 9,000 season ticket holders. Let's take the average 8,500. Two tickets each will make a crowd of 17,000. Rovers have been given 3,000 tickets which is 20,000.

We reached our capacity of 19,008 against Middlesborough which means 992 people with tickets will be locked out, with no tickets available for non season ticket holders.

And further more, after that infamous pitch invasion against The Gas, I think that the capacity for Local derbies had to be reduced even more. (18,000 springs to mind)

I don't think that's right somehow.

There are between 8,000 and 9,000 season ticket holders. Let's take the average 8,500. Two tickets each will make a crowd of 17,000. Rovers have been given 3,000 tickets which is 20,000.

We reached our capacity of 19,008 against Middlesborough which means 992 people with tickets will be locked out, with no tickets available for non season ticket holders.

And further more, after that infamous pitch invasion against The Gas, I think that the capacity for Local derbies had to be reduced even more. (18,000 springs to mind)

Yeah but there's not going to be 100% takeup on them and you could limit it to two per adult.

Sorry just to clarify, as a season ticket holders we could get an extra ticket?, and could I take down several season ticket books and get tickets with them on my own? not serving one per person but one per season ticket? :dunno:

So god damn complicated :argh:

Sorry just to clarify, as a season ticket holders we could get an extra ticket?, and could I take down several season ticket books and get tickets with them on my own? not serving one per person but one per season ticket? :dunno:

So god damn complicated :argh:

You can buy one ticket per season ticket. You can take several season tickets down. They'll take a voucher out of them I guess so they can't be used multiple times.

My family and i would like to go to watch Bristol City v Bristol Rovers but looking at the ticket infomation it reads either i can buy 1 or 2 tickets per - person.

Which means if i get 2 tickets? - 1) My girlfriend and our 9yr old son goes, or 2) My girlfriend and i go and leave our son at home, or 3) I go with our son and leave my girlfriend at home.

ALL!!!!! 3 of us would like to go TOGETHER!!!!! as a family night out at a Bristol derby.

Is there ANYONE out there who can help? All 3 of us realy want to go and SIT!!! together.

I presume you don't have priority and are having to wait for the general sale. Surely if you want to get three tickets together you go down to Ashton Gate with your girlfriend or son to buy the tickets. It is obviously less convenient but as the tickets are going to be in great demand you stand more chance of getting a ticket yourself if they restrict the number of tickets that can be bought per person in the general sale.

i am going down on monday for my tickets and was told on the phone yesterday that if i took my friends ticket stub down as well i could pick up his ticket, also they have put on the net that kids go free in ateyo b block when with adult so should be ok to get their tickets

Well if you're family had season tickets and turned up to every game (not just the big ones) you wouldn't have a problem.

Well if you're family had season tickets and turned up to every game (not just the big ones) you wouldn't have a problem.

totally agree, at the end of the day everyone is subject to the same ticketing purchasing restrictions where it is family, couples and large groups of friends,

no one is being discriminated against in any particuluar way, just a case of if people haven't been to prior games they don't get advance tickets, however whatever is left for general sale should be no problem for those who want tickets

Wait till you have a family mate, you will find that season tickets for football are not a priority, there are a LOT of things to pay for which are far more important unfortunatly.

Some of you on here who havent got kids just aint got a clue.

Wait till you have a family mate, you will find that season tickets for football are not a priority, there are a LOT of things to pay for which are far more important unfortunatly.

I completely understand Bill, do not take offence.

ST holders pay out £300+ a year so the club are always going to bend over backwards for them.

After the muck up with the Boro ticket fiasco I actually think the club has it spot on this time. If people want to be fussy and have 3 seats together they can wait till 9,000+ tickets on general sale. They do not have my sympathy.

I completely understand Bill, do not take offence.

ST holders pay out £300+ a year so the club are always going to bend over backwards for them.

After the muck up with the Boro ticket fiasco I actually think the club has it spot on this time. If people want to be fussy and have 3 seats together they can wait till 9,000+ tickets on general sale. They do not have my sympathy.

I do agree with you mate, ST should get prority. I used to be a season ticket holder and go to about 12-15 away games a season. But with kids etc its just not affordable anymore. With regards to Rovers tickets, at the mo i think i will only be able to get one, problem is my oldest lad is desperate to go. Now, do i get my one on monday and go on my own, or risk waiting till wednesday afternoon (got to work in morn) in the hope i can get 2 seats together :noexpression: .

It does really wind me up when over the last 30 years i have travelled all over following my team and someone who has never gone to a game has the same chance of a ticket on Wednesday.

don't think there is any easy answer to this, its a hard job for the club to satisfy us all.

I am not moaning at the club in any way, just putting my position down. :innocent06:

It does really wind me up when over the last 30 years i have travelled all over following my team and someone who has never gone to a game has the same chance of a ticket on Wednesday.

That would be the only flaw in the system, I agree.

The club really needs to replace the database they have with one that can accurately tell how many games supporters have been too in a season. There could then be a second priority group which goes to fans who have seen a certain amount of games in a season.

Its not such a problem in our current league (with ticket demand being low), but if we go up its going to be more of a worry.

That would be the only flaw in the system, I agree.

The club really needs to replace the database they have with one that can accurately tell how many games supporters have been too in a season. There could then be a second priority group which goes to fans who have seen a certain amount of games in a season.

Its not such a problem in our current league (with ticket demand being low), but if we go up its going to be more of a worry.

Agreed :yes:

I think the OP has totally missed the point. ST holders should get priority BUT only for their own ticket.

Why should a STHs friend, wife, son or daughter get priority over a non-STH regular? They shouldn't.

Priority should be

1. STHs by post or in person (one ticket per ST).

2. Supporters with stubs for an earlier round of the same competition

3. STHs who want a 2nd ticket and applying in person

4. General sale

Allowing STHs to buy two tickets is not acceptable to those who want 3. Let them have 3 and those who want 4 will moan. And so on.

There is no easy way of ensuring fairness that everyone will agree on. Maybe as 1 and 2 above and the remainder being auctioned eBay style would ensure that those who want them the most would get them and the club would benefit.

I'd prefer a Tesco style loyalty card to determine priority.

:)

S

thought it was a bit odd myself

what if you have a ST but your 8 year old kid doesn't? what are you supposed to do, sit seperately and have the kid end up in g block by himself? come on its ridiculous. the club will just have to make exceptions on monday i think, its only fair.

why is it ridiculous? it's quite simple, in future either get the kid a season ticket, or if you want to bring your kid and sit with him, you have to fully expect to sit in a different place, it is exactly the same situation if it was a league game? you can't buy a season ticket, then on the off chance you bring other expect for them to be able to sit next to you?

best solution?

Plan ahead for future games when this problem will arise more often (after promotion) in all seater stadiums.

All redevelopment should include Some Modern Safe Standing Terraced Enclosures, giving people a chance to watch with friends/family is another good example of why some Non-Seated/Non Reserved areas are the way forward.. (increase of capacity too).

Besides, taking kids is over-rated.

If tickets are in short supply, adult supporters should be given priority (STH kids being the exception). Most kids are more interested in Playstations than football. If it's a family day out you are looking for, go to Wookey Hole!

:)

S

How old were YOU when you got hooked for life mate... like it or not, kids are the future - nowt better than an excited starry-eyed kid going to 'the match' with his dad on a Saturday afternoon - get 'em away from the f'ing virtual world of playstation's for a few hours fresh air & reality .. they can go to Wookey etc etc on Sundays with the whole family.

Archived