IGNORED

Familys not welcome to Ashton Gate?

JudgeRed

why is it ridiculous? it's quite simple, in future either get the kid a season ticket, or if you want to bring your kid and sit with him, you have to fully expect to sit in a different place, it is exactly the same situation if it was a league game? you can't buy a season ticket, then on the off chance you bring other expect for them to be able to sit next to you?

For the run of the mill league games i can take my kids and sit just about anywhere,,,,theres 7000 spare seats. Have you got kids ?

For the run of the mill league games i can take my kids and sit just about anywhere,,,,theres 7000 spare seats. Have you got kids ?

No, but I fully accept and understand that when i do I won't be able to bring them and be able to have them sit next to me for random games through the season whether it is league or cup, and if I decide to bring them then I will have to sit elsewhere other than my season ticket seat, one of the lads I go with has a younger brother of 9, who last season got his first season ticket and he has to sit on his own on a seat directly in front of us

No, but I fully accept and understand that when i do I won't be able to bring them and be able to have them sit next to me for random games through the season whether it is league or cup, and if I decide to bring them then I will have to sit elsewhere other than my season ticket seat, one of the lads I go with has a younger brother of 9, who last season got his first season ticket and he has to sit on his own on a seat directly in front of us

Untill you have some you wont understand, when/if you do, you will.

Life changes.....BIG TIME.

Untill you have some you wont understand, when/if you do, you will.

Life changes.....BIG TIME.

life may change, but that is regardless in this discussion, the point is, if you have a season ticket and your son doesn't you shouldn't be able to expect to be able to get your son a ticket for a big cup game right next to you without having problems, if you do then you have to pay the price, if you can't afford it, fair enough, but it's not good people coming on here moaning at the club, when they haven't actually done anything wrong

As with Boro, you have about 18,000 tickets, with demand for 30,000. Whatever method of selling there are losers, and on this occasion, City have reverted to what used to be the accepted 'norm' of 2 per person. The problem is always where to draw the line to be fair to everybody. No easy answer.

How old were YOU when you got hooked for life mate... like it or not, kids are the future - nowt better than an excited starry-eyed kid going to 'the match' with his dad on a Saturday afternoon - get 'em away from the f'ing virtual world of playstation's for a few hours fresh air & reality .. they can go to Wookey etc etc on Sundays with the whole family.

Kids are the future, of course, but anyone, man woman or child, should only expect to receive priority based on THEIR attendabce at other, less attractive games. If your missus and child are regulars, good luck, the club should be helping you to get tickets (but not in the area where your ST is necessarily).

In my opinion, kids prefer to play football in the park than watch it in a crowd. This need to get a ticket is similar to the need to buy a Nintendo Wii for Christmas regardless of cost.

There must be a better way of distributing tickets but there won't be one that satisfies everyone.

:)

S

life may change, but that is regardless in this discussion, the point is, if you have a season ticket and your son doesn't you shouldn't be able to expect to be able to get your son a ticket for a big cup game right next to you without having problems, if you do then you have to pay the price, if you can't afford it, fair enough, but it's not good people coming on here moaning at the club, when they haven't actually done anything wrong

I havent got a season ticket and whose moaning ?. You do go on.........

I don't think that's right somehow.

There are between 8,000 and 9,000 season ticket holders.

Let's take the average 8,500.

Nope

Two tickets each will make a crowd of 17,000.

15,200 and around 1,000 no shows from ST Holders every week.More likely 13,000

Rovers have been given 3,000 tickets which is 20,000.

13,000 + 3,000 = 16,000.Capacity is about 19,100 which means about 3,100 to sell assuming all those ST Holders attending buy two which, of course, they won't

We reached our capacity of 19,008 against Middlesborough which means 992 people with tickets will be locked out, with no tickets available for non season ticket holders.

No

And further more, after that infamous pitch invasion against The Gas, I think that the capacity for Local derbies had to be reduced even more. (18,000 springs to mind)

It'll be 18,500-19,100

Have you considered supporting a family club?

Guest east_dundry_red
Have you considered supporting a family club?

A 'Family Club' thats somthing rovers will never be, more arrests and hooligans than any other team in the south west.

The only time the word 'family' is used when talking about is rovers is when someone answer's the question, "what type of people do rovers fans like to sleep with?"

I completely understand Bill, do not take offence.

ST holders pay out £300+ a year so the club are always going to bend over backwards for them.

After the muck up with the Boro ticket fiasco I actually think the club has it spot on this time. If people want to be fussy and have 3 seats together they can wait till 9,000+ tickets on general sale. They do not have my sympathy.

You're avin a chuckle my son - ST fork out £300 a year - as someone who goes to most away games I fork out over £100 each game !!! but still get discriminated against when I want a poxy ticket - go figure.......just because you're a ST holder don't make you anymore of a loyal fan than me or anybody else for that matter.

You're avin a chuckle my son - ST fork out £300 a year - as someone who goes to most away games I fork out over £100 each game !!! but still get discriminated against when I want a poxy ticket - go figure.......just because you're a ST holder don't make you anymore of a loyal fan than me or anybody else for that matter.

well if so surely you are in a position where you have one of the stubs from the required games, especailly the cheltenham game where people knew they would get advance pick on the tickets

Archived