IGNORED

Ashton Gate Eight....

arpaul

As a member of The supporters Club, I have been defeaned by the silence eminating from the Dolman Suite, regarding how the Official Supporters Club are planning to commemerate this milestone in the history of our beloved club.

I would guess the Supporters Club has got the largest official membership of any club affiliated to Bristol City, certainly compared to the relevently new Trust. But my God, how the Trust has stolen the limelight.

It is a fantastic gesture by the Trust to honour these eight men. Legends one and all. Maybe not for their footballing ability, but certainly for their humility, honesty and love of this great club.

Why didn't The Supporters Club offer to fund the evening on a 50/50 basis with the Trust ?

Why hasn't The Supporters Club made plans to make their own presentation to the eight during the season ?

Why hasn't The Supporters Club voice been heard in the press or on the radio ?

When Mr Lansdown met with some opposition regarding the then, proposed move from The Atyeo Suite to The Dolman Suite, he asked the question, whether we (The Supporters Club) had the interests of Bristol City at heart, or were we just a "clicky drinking Club" ?

I guess the answer lays somewhere between the free parking space and the chair at the Board Room table. :whistle2:

Thank you The Ashton Gate Eight.

As a member of The supporters Club, I have been defeaned by the silence eminating from the Dolman Suite, regarding how the Official Supporters Club are planning to commemerate this milestone in the history of our beloved club.

I would guess the Supporters Club has got the largest official membership of any club affiliated to Bristol City, certainly compared to the relevently new Trust. But my God, how the Trust has stolen the limelight.

It is a fantastic gesture by the Trust to honour these eight men. Legends one and all. Maybe not for their footballing ability, but certainly for their humility, honesty and love of this great club.

Why didn't The Supporters Club offer to fund the evening on a 50/50 basis with the Trust ?

Why hasn't The Supporters Club made plans to make their own presentation to the eight during the season ?

Why hasn't The Supporters Club voice been heard in the press or on the radio ?

When Mr Lansdown met with some opposition regarding the then, proposed move from The Atyeo Suite to The Dolman Suite, he asked the question, whether we (The Supporters Club) had the interests of Bristol City at heart, or were we just a "clicky drinking Club" ?

I guess the answer lays somewhere between the free parking space and the chair at the Board Room table. :whistle2:

Thank you The Ashton Gate Eight.

So, you can imagine my angst that having spent much of the week swapping footage and material with Sky Sports and putting on the event, Jeff Stelling then credits the Supporters Club with it all :disapointed2se:

So, you can imagine my angst that having spent much of the week swapping footage and material with Sky Sports and putting on the event, Jeff Stelling then credits the Supporters Club with it all :disapointed2se:

I still think its worth asking them to issue a correction. Or show the piece again with the correct name. We know it was us though, and I'm glad so many people enjoyed themselves.

It was for a bloody good cause. The fans there last night who bought raffle tickets have now funded the AG8 plaque which was long overdue.

And Chris Garland kissed me when I handed over his decanter on your behalf Arny, do you want me to pass that on to you as well? :innocent06:

Not in front of Jay, and on that note.........night night....... :rolleyes:

It does seem to me that the S.C. lives on their past history (where they used to raise good money for the club), to justify their existence.

These days it seems they are not interested in any fans issues or concerns. Instead they appear to be happy to sit in their comfortable bar and let their chairman spurt his single-minded drivel on here without a care in the world, whilst the Trust tackle the board on the EastEnd, arrange functions such as the poker, dinners etc.

The S.C. are definitely yesterday, whilst the trust appears to be tomorrow.

R.I.P. S.C. :rain:

I still think its worth asking them to issue a correction. Or show the piece again with the correct name. We know it was us though,

Surely it's not a case of "us and them". Surely, The Supporters club could've offered 50% of funding, which would've shown both the BCST and the BCSC as united behind this worthwhile venture.

I am not a memberof the Trust, but I am in The Supporters Club, and it post was meant as a compliment to the Trust from an "outsider", and also, hopefully a wake up call to the Supporters Club.

Surely it's not a case of "us and them". Surely, The Supporters club could've offered 50% of funding, which would've shown both the BCST and the BCSC as united behind this worthwhile venture.

I am not a memberof the Trust, but I am in The Supporters Club, and it post was meant as a compliment to the Trust from an "outsider", and also, hopefully a wake up call to the Supporters Club.

Well from my outside view (as I still haven't receieved any confirmation I am in the Supporters Trust but then I have only just applied and I don't mind delays as I know they have all been busy working on putting on what was by all accounts a great event). However I have no intention of joining the Supporters Club as quite frankly it seems to be nothing more than a drinking club, where-as the Trust seems to do somethign useful.

I appreciate your compliment, but the fact is it was the Trust and nobody else (apart from the club providing the venue, bar and security) who made Friday happen. I'm not going to get into a war of words with you, but imagine if you had worked bloody hard on something in your job and then someone else was given all the credit for it. :)

Archived