IGNORED

Lee Matthews

Guest Thornbury Ciderhead

Lee never scored for us but set up a few. Nice to see that BCFC screwed us - we get Lee fitter than he's been for a long time then he gets taken away!
So did his loan contract not end then?

Did Rovers not renew it?

Jealous because Yeovil have signed him?

Why would we "take him away", when his time here is basically up? What have we actually gained from him finishing his loan with you and resigning for Yeovil?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Typicle moaning Rovers blaming everyone but themselves .

To be honest I wouldn't Matthews being here, very unpopular opinion but Peacock is doing what exactly?

It will be interesting to see how Matthews does in a team doing well like Yeovil. Must be strange for him as they are probably the smallest club he's ever been near.

Lee never scored for us but set up a few. Nice to see that BCFC screwed us - we get Lee fitter than he's been for a long time then he gets taken away!
Isn't that what loans are about, the same happened with us last year with Robins I believe. :blink:

With better service Matthews would have scored for the Gas - but they have no quality anywhere in the team and its no suprise that he didn't score.No striker can score without the ball.

I'll bet that with better players around him at Yeovil he'll start bagging a few.

I must say, looking at his goals record, I was sceptical when GJ announced he had signed for us today. But reading this thread makes me appreciate him. Hope he scores loads for us especially as it is with a view to a permanent switch.

We have some excellent creative midfielders like Gavin Williams and Lee Johnson and I hope they feed Lee Matthews with quality balls.

Cheers,

ps, Don't suppose you have a quality left back that is surplus to requirements? :blink:

Do you think you'll go up??
Hi Rob,

It depends mate. We don't believe in drawing games (won 19, drawn just 2 and lost 16) and our form has been eratic. We go from the sublime (4-1 v Cambridge, 4-0 v The Gas :blink: ) to the downright ridiculous (2-3 v Darlington :clap: and 1-4 to Macclesfield :Rage: ).

I would be really chuffed with a playoff place and if we don't manage it, then it won't be viewed as a failure.

2 years ago, we averaged crowds of 2,500. It is now over 6,000. We play attractive free flowing football but are naive sometimes. Still, it is an adventure!

As for you City boys, do you reckon you will go up? I reckon Plymouth and you will.

To be honest any team that has lost 16 games doesn't really deserve to go up.That said if Yeovil do go up thro' the play-offs then they would be in danger of doing a Chelt'nam and coming straight down again.

Its much tougher in this league and promoted sides that fail to strengthen mostly struggle.

As for City.....well who knows? We can only hope!

I know what you mean but Blackpool went up with 18 defeats. Also, whilst we lose more than most, we win more than most. However, in all honesty, I want to go up and stay up so another season in Division 3 certainly wouldn't hurt as we would need serious squad stregthening just to finish 20th in Division 2.

Dunno how much you know about Matthews but he's a player that has prompted much discussion on this Forum.Some see him as a "tub of lard" and a waster.Others see him as injury prone in extremis but a very capable player when fit.

He's strong,good in the air,holds the ball up well and can score goals from in and around the box.

His potential has been highlighted by plenty of clubs looking to take him on loan.He should do well for you.

and....when he's fit and firing on all cylinders,we'll have him back..... :blink:

Dunno how much you know about Matthews but he's a player that has prompted much discussion on this Forum.Some see him as a "tub of lard" and a waster.Others see him as injury prone in extremis but a very capable player when fit.

He's strong,good in the air,holds the ball up well and can score goals from in and around the box.

His potential has been highlighted by plenty of clubs looking to take him on loan.He should do well for you.

and....when he's fit and firing on all cylinders,we'll have him back..... :blink:

Have a few happy memories of him scoring at Reading (?) on a friday night.

I remember him saying "He was a big match player" and he did not lie

If he's the man you describe (& I belive you could be right) get him fit and put him on with Roberts .... He needs a Beadle type to get his 17 in a season.

Don't give up get fit Matthews

Robbored Posted on Mar 18 2004, 08:46 PM

and....when he's fit and firing on all cylinders,we'll have him back..... 

He's a darn good player,sharpen him up then send him back.

I've a funny feeling that a player who's been trying to help the gas stay in the league could maybe score a goal or two that takes CITY up. And thats not the ones against notts county! :blink: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Archived