IGNORED

Mr Wilson (fool Or Cool).

Guest jairob

Guest jairob

:Fume: :Fume: Can't help but think that all this will we won't we (promotion) talk could have been avoided, Mr Wilson do you think that Tommy starting matches and 11 straight wins were mere coincidence? NO. Now, its not difficult to work out that the reason why teams like QPR Swindle and Brighton score so many goals and kill teams off, they have quality strikers that have not cost that much in fact you may argue and say that Brighton have two expensive loan players that may have expensive wages. WE DONT have a proven out and out goalscorer that is why this club wont go up. We have spent money in the wrong areas and you cant blame the board for not throwing cheques at Wilson when he clearly doesnt have a clue on where or how to spend money. I for one would take TT and JC off the Qpr bench and pair them off with a hard working striker like Peacock or Miller any day off the week. Sometimes in life you have too take a risk (and I dont mean playing players out of position) spending money or getting a goalscorer on loan would have cost us money but would gain us promotion, losing out on promotion will cost us money and maybe players Danny coles tommy and a few others are to good for this division. At the end of the day Mr Wilson can find another club so can the board we cant we love city, put us back where we belong...........Get a bloody goalscorer.....Leroy will be here next season it would benefit him hugely another season in DiV 2 wont.

WE DONT have a proven out and out goalscorer that is why this club wont go up. We have spent money in the wrong areas and you cant blame the board for not throwing cheques at Wilson when he clearly doesnt have a clue on where or how to spend money. I for one would take TT and JC off the Qpr bench and pair them off with a hard working striker like Peacock or Miller any day off the week.
So if you were manager of QPR you would loan two players to your nearest rivals for promotion?

Now that would be a risk and if you did, and I was a QPR fan, I would say you were more fool than cool.

Guest jairob

I was not saying qpr loan us those two I was merely saying that they have 2 quality goal scorers who sit on the bench and with a bit of foresight, holloway has created an experience bench that will win him promotion. Oh and Neo nice cartoon Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.! and about the non use of paragraphs sorry but I am in work an d time is of a premium........

Apologies if I read it wrong (as Neo said it was difficult to read). However, picking up loan signings is often easier said than done. Just because a player is not in the first team and is on the bench does not automatically mean they are available on loan (or permanent transfer).

If Cureton and Thorpe are one the bench at QPR I suspect there may be tactical reasons involved.

Why don't we just hang-on until the end of the season before we start critising the manager? If we go up and stay up Danny will be hailed as one of our best managers in recent years.

The comments on this forum are mental sometimes. The two defeats we had following our 11-match winning streak had some people calling for Danny to be sacked.

I agree that we need to score more goals but let's put-off looking for failings and concentrate on succeeding.

We're 3rd in the table for crying out loud... Danny is doing a good job on not a large budget and if Leroy can bang some more in we'll all be happy!

Support is the key here!

City have two goalscorers who haven't been getting many starts in the squad.

Lita and Goodfellow.

Lita has scored loads in the reserves and looks like scoring whenever he plays in the first team.

Goodfellow has played up front for Stoke and is able to score goals as we have already seen.

The problem is that Wilson****ill recently) had stuck with the unproductive partnership of Miller and Peacock.It hasn't worked because they are too similar and often take up the same positons and make similar runs.As a result neither of them are finding the net regularly enough.Wilson though' can't seem to see it.

If Wilson starts with Lita and, in Browns absence, G'fellow then I can see City scoring more goals.Imho City don't need to shell out wages on a loanee when they have the answer within the squad.

Maybe after last weeks win Wilson has seen the light and will start with Lita more regularly.

How about foolcool....cus thats what were going to get if the team/manager dont pull thier finger out! Our four nearest rivals have all won 2-0 in midweek, winning, scoring (more than onece), not conceding....they appear to be handling the pressure.

Now I'm not saying that we're not but scoring is a problem at the moment and if we concede (like we nearly did against Rushden) we're going to struggle to win games. I firmly believe that we must go out and do all we can to get a forward in on loan....yes it might cost a lot...ok goals aren't guarenteed...but doing nothing is not an option. Peacock just aint scoring, miller is not consistent, roberts hasn't been given the chance (and i'm not sure he's the answer) and Lita, the only one that looks like getting goals yet a week ago he "wasn't ready yet"

If Danny sticks to hs guns and we go up..fine, fair enough, If we dont go up after Danny had tried every avenue/option available to him OK he gave it his best shot. But if he does nothing and we dont go up there will be hell to play. Thats football!

It is promotion and the future of Bristol City that is in question here and Danny must look beyond his apparent "mule-like" characteristics to make sure we dont waste our best chance of promotion for years.

Guest jairob

Good point but the problem I have with us not getting promoted, is not that we will again be in this god foresaken league, but who of our better players would want to ply there trade AGAIN under a manager who has not got the foresight to take us out of here with a club who seem magnetised to div2 and not looking to the future.

We needed a proven striker at the start of the season, we got Miller. Miller is a hard worker loooks good in the air and has a tidy touch, but he is also raw and not proven at this level, a bit like marvin leroy and the rest. Wilson has never been the answer for me and that will be prooved next season be it div 1 or 2 his time is numbered. If we dont go up this season the financial implications will be huge we will lose players and fans, and will have to rebuild which may take a further 5 years. Just hope Wilson has not left it too late. Get someone in or play the players in the correct position. SIMPLE.

Oh and Neo nice cartoon
Thanks. I quite like it too. <Enter>

an d time is at a premium. I just done a test and pressed <Enter> 4 times in a second. That is one busy job you've got there.

For the benefit of others :-

Can't help but think that all this will we won't we (promotion) talk could have been avoided.

Mr Wilson, do you think that Tommy starting matches and 11 straight wins were mere coincidence? NO.

Now, its not difficult to work out the reason why teams like QPR, Swindle and Brighton score so many goals and kill teams off; they have quality strikers that have not cost that much.

In fact, you may argue and say that Brighton have two expensive loan players that may have expensive wages.

WE DONT have a proven out and out goalscorer; that is why this club wont go up.

We have spent money in the wrong areas and you can't blame the board for not throwing cheques at Wilson, when he clearly doesnt have a clue on where or how to spend money.

I for one would take TT and JC off the Qpr bench and pair them off with a hard working striker like Peacock or Miller any day off the week.

Sometimes in life you have too take a risk (and I dont mean playing players out of position), spending money or getting a goalscorer on loan (would have cost us money but would gain us promotion).

Losing out on promotion will cost us money and maybe players e.g. Danny Coles, tommy and a few others who are to good for this division.

At the end of the day Mr Wilson can find another club, so can the board. We cant, we love city!

Put us back where we belong...........Get a bloody goalscorer.....Leroy will be here next season it would benefit him hugely another season in DiV 2 won't it? :blink:

Guest jairob

Moderator's Note: This post has been deleted. Please do not use this forum as a place to hurl personal insults at other people. Thank you.

If we go up and stay up Danny will be hailed as one of our best managers in recent years.

We're 3rd in the table for crying out loud... Danny is doing a good job on not a large budget and if Leroy can bang some more in we'll all be happy!

Support is the key here!

"If we go up and stay up Danny will be hailed as one of our best managers in recent years."

:blink: Mmmm..not sure about that!

"Danny is doing a good job on not a large budget and if Leroy can bang some more in we'll all be happy!"

Danny has had four years to "do a good job" and we're still in this poxy division, it may have not have been large but his budget/spend has arguably been the largest that any other second division team had. Up until last week, Danny was adament Leroy was not ready, maybe if he would of played him earlier we would be in an even better position

Guest jairob

Bang on Red Raw. Wilson has achieved nothing, if we fail to go up this season we will lose fans, players & money. The pitfalls from not buying a proven goalscorer this season may well trigger the start of a whole new "rebuilding process".

"If we go up and stay up Danny will be hailed as one of our best managers in recent years."

:blink: Mmmm..not sure about that!

"Danny is doing a good job on not a large budget and if Leroy can bang some more in we'll all be happy!"

Danny has had four years to "do a good job" and we're still in this poxy division, it may have not have been large but his budget/spend has arguably been the largest that any other second division team had. Up until last week, Danny was adament Leroy was not ready, maybe if he would of played him earlier we would be in an even better position

Never a truer word....

"If we go up and stay up Danny will be hailed as one of our best managers in recent years." - generalistic and wrong, but amusing.

How about 'If we don't go up, Danny Wilson will be hailed as the biggest 4 year flop ever?' Either way promotion or not, I still see DW here next season.

Never mind Cureton or Thorpe. I knew we missed out on a big trick when Leon Knight went to Brighton for nothing in September. He would have been the nuts up front with Miller or Peacock and he'd get us a lot of pens from his dirty diving tricks. This'll be the difference this season

"This club wont go up" :clap:  dont share that opinion until there is one game left and we are 4 points out of play offs.Sorry;

So if that were to happen, what then? "oh well we've missed out again" "never mind there's always next season" "the young players will come back stronger next year" "give danny a chance, he'll get it right" Sorry, heard it all before :blink:

I am semi-confident we could still do it this year but am very concerned at the lack of goals at a crucial time.....keeping faith is one thing, blind faith is another!

We need to shake it up now, bring in a fresh face, give the team some impetous in the final 10 games before its too late

I must have studied the remaining fixture list at least 6 times and each time I look at it my worries increase.

They are all tough games.Trannie away followed by Port Vale away look especially difficult. 3 points from those two games would be a decent return.After that its home/away alternately.

Plenty has been already said about Argyle and QPR at home and Swindon away,but they are crucial in terms of the top two spots.

My guesstimate is that City will get 19 points from the remaining 10 games making a total of 87 points.

Will that be enough?.... :blink:

A lot of interesting points here:

1. We dont, and dont appear to be going to get a quality (loan) striker.

All our rivals have good goal scorers. Two I have seen linked to City (Knight, and Cureton, but not persued), 1 is ex City (Score against us anyone?). We however purchased Lee Miller, who is having a difficult season, due to being new to our game. Next season he will produce the goods. However this aint any use this season. I cannot beleive DW has stuck with a striker who has a 9 & 8 game lean patch, thats 17 out of 36 games, and thats not including games outside these lean spells where he aint scored.Fact is Thorpe has scored the same, despite playing less games, and also coming on as a sub regularly. Adrian Forbes has also scored the same, for Lutom, hes a winger, and has been injured for a while. This on top of not playing our 2nd top scorer as a striker this season, cos Leapy dont gel with him, and Leroy getting usually 20-30 mins a game max. This is going to get us promoted. I also hear we're the new Wigan- defensively sure are, strikers: b******, I dont see an Ellington here, d'you? We aint ever going to knock 4-5 every game, but if you hit two, you will kill the game, and our defence can soak up the pressure. If you dont, you get what we have suffered all season, nervous runouts, and defensive errors occuring.

2. If Steve L is to be believed, if we dont get promotion, the cloth will have to be cut to fit our (Div 2) status. That means players like Matty, Danny, and possibly Leroy too, and more carthorses like Mr Peacock, Beadle, Hutchings etc, do we want that??

I like Dannys flowing football, when it works its great, but he is pig stubborn, and getting things changed is a ###### nightmare with him, the Burnell/Doc saga anyone

3. We have not impressed the division so far, hauling Plymuff, and the happy 'oops in and past only to slide back into third, again. Swinedead might fancy their chances of hauling us in. This aint negative, ask the sensible fans from the three clubs, and they'll agree, its our lack of goals, not the team, manager,fans,pitch, wind etc which is costing us. Our history of bottling it, all joking aside will also surface, if we struggle to win games. This aint negative, its facts. I wish to ##** they wernt, but they exist, and realists, and ruthless people will home in and exploit it. Its dividing fans more bitterly than usual too, being Happys, or Gloomys.

Time for positive on the terraces, but Jeez, Danny get a ######* striker in, it will make the teams life sooooooo much easier, knowing somebody can score!!

Guest jairob

These "type" of posts will never stop as long as we as a club lack foresight. I along with the rest of the cynics are 100% behind the team, win, lose or draw, however as much as it annoys the happies, they annoy us too. The simple fact is the team have preformed superbly this season and without our top goal scorer from last season FACT.

Fact 2 after losing our top scorer we didnt directly replace him with a Winger/striker we got wilkshire and Miller both good players in there own rights granted but not the replacement we needed.

You may argue that we are in a better league position now without Murray but would we be top of the league if we had brought in a proven goalscorer at the start of the season?

We will never know, as we will never know if that the reason for our good position could have been bettered by the inclusion of a certain pacy young striker we already had.

Guest jairob

This a no win/lose topic I am merely trying to say WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED A PROVEN GOAL SCORER AT THE START OF THE SEASON, AFTER LOSING MURRAY. FAILING THAT WE SHOULD HAVE TRIED OUR YOUNG PACY STRIKER, WHO ISNT READY AS HE IS UNTRIED.

Archived