IGNORED

Stadium Extension

brizzlenick

So if city go up? who think we are going to have a stadium extension?

They are talking about putting away fans in part of Ateyo and extending the wedlock for more bristol fans

Hopefully this can happen!

Who is they that are talking about it, just in case i missed something?

I was wondering the same but just guessed he means Lansdown, but I haven't heard any thing. I also think it would be a bit of a gamble to knock down the EE if we were to go up meaning we would have reduced capacity in the Championship, around 15,000 plus then segregation and what if we were to go straight back down?

I'm super glad we never built this badboy;

_40854509_203_citystand.jpg

It is not a very pretty design and the acoustics would have been whack!

I hope when the club does finally build a new stand they will re consider.

IMO the best option would be a two tiered stand with a low roof on the bottom tier for maximum loudness.

Hope nothings done regarding redevelopment until Clubs are able to incorperate Safe Standing Areas... gotta be the way to go in future stadium designs.. All Seaters arent the only way!

As nice as that would be I don't think we will see Safe Standing in stadiums for a long time yet. And as nice as it would be to have the EE redeveloped I don't think it would be the right time to do it in the first season of promotion.

I'm super glad we never built that stand.

_40854509_203_citystand.jpg

It is not a very pretty design and the acoustics would have been whack!

I hope when the club does finally build a new stand they will re consider.

yea but they designed it like that so it would be asay to join the other sides of the ground up

hopefully they will extend ashton gate so we can rub it into the face of all those snotty nosed gasheads who think that they are going to have the better stadium than us, they seen to think that a better stadium means promotion ...... they have got it all rong because they wont even be able to fill it up they will still get there average of 30 fans a week :laugh:!!!!!!! :chant6ez:

hopefully they will extend ashton gate so we can rub it into the face of all those snotty nosed gasheads who think that they are going to have the better stadium than us, they seen to think that a better stadium means promotion ...... they have got it all rong because they wont even be able to fill it up they will still get there average of 30 fans a week :laugh:!!!!!!! :chant6ez:

That red monstrousity you call a football stadium is already an under utilised blot on the landscape. Why would you need even more empty seats? Expansion will have a detrimental impact on wildlife in the Avon Gorge and it will ruin one's view from the Winterstoke Burger King. I sincerely hope that the planning authorities see through this rather pathetic attempt to keep up with the Joneses and reject any application to extend AG. We have plenty of libraries in Bristol already thankyou very much.

Ashton ROSE.

Yo Collis>>>>(quote)IMO the best option would be a two tiered stand with a low roof on the bottom tier for maximum loudness.(unquote)<<<<...Unless you're design for the new EE is a bit tongue in cheek, I certainly have never seen a Stand like the one you describe before. Could be a few architectural challenges involved to put such a design together.....Better get yer Drawing Board out.

Never the less, the low roof would not only enhance the singing/chanting volume, but it will also prevent those on the upper tier from urinating on those below!

P. :rain:

That red monstrousity you call a football stadium is already an under utilised blot on the landscape. Why would you need even more empty seats? Expansion will have a detrimental impact on wildlife in the Avon Gorge and it will ruin one's view from the Winterstoke Burger King. I sincerely hope that the planning authorities see through this rather pathetic attempt to keep up with the Joneses and reject any application to extend AG. We have plenty of libraries in Bristol already thankyou very much.

Ashton ROSE.

Better an underparked library than an overparked dosshouse.

Ashton ROSE.

believe planning permission is already agreed in princple to re-build Ayteo and Williams stands when needed.

more importantly! can someone please tell me where Burger King is on winterstoke road.....I'm starving!

why don't we just stick another ateo stand on top the ee with boxes,reinforce the roof of the ee into the bottom of the new stand,that then gets rid of the downward stuts, also because the roof of the bottom part will be the same the accoustics will still be good,,,,,,simple :disapointed2se:

Archived