IGNORED

Joe's Chance?

Dave L

With both Tommy and Aaron out on Saturday, we're missing a fair bit of steel in the middle, and I wonder if it's time for Joe Burnell to reclaim his place in midfield.

Joe seems to divide people more than most. Personally, I'm a fan. He puts in a lot of unacknowledged work in helping to break down opposition attacks, and although his passing is often short and simple, it's invariably to somebody in a red shirt who can use the ball a bit more creatively than he can.

I'd be glad to see him in the team on Saturday.

It depends how conservative Wilson wants to be.

Basically he has two options -

(1) Go all out to overwhelm Oldham with fast,attacking and fluent football and risk the chance of getting hit on the break.

(2) Go for a more solid defensive style and hope to nick a 1-0 with the chance of Oldham equalising with their only shot on goal or lucky deflection.

If he goes for the former - Roberts,Tinnion,Wilkshire and Goodfellow.

Or the later - Woodman,Tinnion,Burnell and Bell.

Who'd be a manager???.... :blink:

I really rate Clayton as said in earlier posts and believe he has a big future in the centre of midfield so he would be my first choice to partner Tins with Burnell on the bench (even though most have him down as a central defender).

However, if Danny felt he was too inexperienced, Burnell is certainly the next best option for me.

Certainly would be in before pairing Wilkshire with Tins as although there is more creative ability than with Burnell in, there is not the pace and I thought we were overly exposed in the middle on the occasions this was tried. :blink:

Yes, I would like to see Burnell back in the team on Saturday. He's more like Tommy than anyone else (which was the main criticism of their partnership in midfield) and would be the best replacement for him. Wilkshire is too lightweight for me, and hasn't been playing well recently.

In our dismal early-season run Joe B was perhaps the only player playing well.

I'm certainly not his number one fan, but you know what you get with Joe B. He's strong, committed and, yes, does pass backwards a lot!

BS4

Why the hell would anyone start Joe Burnell at home to Oldham instead of Fortune and Wilkshire is beyond me, I would understand if it was a trip to a tricky ground but at home to Oldham we should have a go big time, I'd love to see Fortune partner Tinnion in the middle personally.

Archived