IGNORED

Admission Price Questionnaire

cider11

See The Sun today (Friday 9th Feb). Intersting comparison between prices in Britain, Germany, France and Spain. Also there was a thread a few weeks ago on the main page about pricing. On radio 5 they recently stated that the (infamous) Taylor Report declared "It should not cost more than £6 to sit and watch a game in the top division". Allowing for inflation since then that price should now be £12.00.

Nuff said. One Italian fan interviewed after last week's problem reckons there's no hooliganism in England because true football fans can no longer afford to attend.

See The Sun today (Friday 9th Feb). Intersting comparison between prices in Britain, Germany, France and Spain. Also there was a thread a few weeks ago on the main page about pricing. On radio 5 they recently stated that the (infamous) Taylor Report declared "It should not cost more than £6 to sit and watch a game in the top division". Allowing for inflation since then that price should now be £12.00.

Nuff said. One Italian fan interviewed after last week's problem reckons there's no hooliganism in England because true football fans can no longer afford to attend.

Thanks for the heads up about it in the sun, i'll go out and get one later when i go to the shop

For your course work you may wish to compare the rising cost of watching football with other forms of entetainment. I am an aircraft enthusiast but no longer attend air shows. 1986 it cost £7 to spend upto 8 hours at a major show such as Fairford. After the Cold War ended and aircraft from former Communist countries took part in shows the price doubled and by 1992 it cost £15 to see the Fairford show. By 2002 it cost £30 each to enter; a 400% rise in 15 years.

The price of a ride on a preserved railway line has increased but not by such a margin, but main line tours have. In 2007 it will cost £75 minimum to travel on a steam hauled excursion from say Southampton to Bristol.

In1977 I did a tour of much of England. I remember clearly I used 25 gallons of petrol which cost £20. One night I stayed in an expensive hotel which meant B&B cost £7.50 instead of a fiver. 30 years on and 25 gallons will cost £100, a 500% rise whereas that hotel now charges £75 for a night a 1,000% increase/

For your course work you may wish to compare the rising cost of watching football with other forms of entetainment. I am an aircraft enthusiast but no longer attend air shows. 1986 it cost £7 to spend upto 8 hours at a major show such as Fairford. After the Cold War ended and aircraft from former Communist countries took part in shows the price doubled and by 1992 it cost £15 to see the Fairford show. By 2002 it cost £30 each to enter; a 400% rise in 15 years.

The price of a ride on a preserved railway line has increased but not by such a margin, but main line tours have. In 2007 it will cost £75 minimum to travel on a steam hauled excursion from say Southampton to Bristol.

In1977 I did a tour of much of England. I remember clearly I used 25 gallons of petrol which cost £20. One night I stayed in an expensive hotel which meant B&B cost £7.50 instead of a fiver. 30 years on and 25 gallons will cost £100, a 500% rise whereas that hotel now charges £75 for a night a 1,000% increase/

thanks 22A for that information, when i write it up i will try and include this information in some way.

Pages 14 & 15 of today's Sun fans around the country say what they have given up to continue supporting their club.

Time was when a Season Ticket was just that. You had admission to ALL home games at the ground; youth team, reserves, and the first team for all friendlies, Leageue, league Cup and FA Cup games. Suddenly (sometime in the 80s or 90s) ST holders had to start paying to see home cup games.

25 years ago when City were in financial trouble, they offered the chnce to buy a 10 year season ticket for £500. Yes 500 quid would get you into every game at the Gate for the next 10 years. Of course there was a risk the club might only last a few more games; I don't know of anyone who bought one of these STs.

Archived