IGNORED

What is going on

REDOXO

As some know I like many other City fans live outside of the UK..Although I do make an effort to get back to AG as often as possible

However I'm listening to radio Bristol and reading the forum and hearing/seeing that supporters are abusing our players and the manager...

Lee Johnson keeps getting stick why...Some one fill me in... :noexpression:

So what happend Bradley Orr/LJ what went on??

As some know I like many other City fans live outside of the UK..Although I do make an effort to get back to AG as often as possible

However I'm listening to radio Bristol and reading the forum and hearing/seeing that supporters are abusing our players and the manager...

Lee Johnson keeps getting stick why...Some one fill me in... :noexpression:

So what happend Bradley Orr/LJ what went on??

2 reasons

1) Used to play for yeovil

2) Managers son

Some moron was walking along the front of the dolman and gave Orr lots of verbal when he came over to take a throw.

Orr said something back.

Moron stepped up to Orr and kicked hoardings and a seat and then swung half a punch.

LJ came over and pushed him away.

Moron walked off. Stewards sort of pretended to try and grab him. Then something happened down near the Atyeo, not sure what.

Utterly disgraceful behaviour and he should have been banned for life and given a good hiding. Orr should no better but because of the shameful way some fans carried on today I feel the players have every right to be frustrated and upset. I hope they realise the tits are a minority that we'd all rather didn't come along.

I'll fill you in half way..

Johnson is getting stick because hes playing shite.

Just like every other player right now, just hes been consistently bad.

Thats b***ocks he played reasonably well today, but any pass that went astray was jumped on by the bigots oin the crowd. I am not surprised he didn't celebrate his goal, he probaably feels some of the fans deserved an eqauliser.

Bradley Orr was my man of the match so I don't know what that guy in the crowd was doing.

Thats b***ocks he played reasonably well today, but any pass that went astray was jumped on by the bigots oin the crowd. I am not surprised he didn't celebrate his goal, he probaably feels some of the fans deserved an eqauliser.

Bradley Orr was my man of the match so I don't know what that guy in the crowd was doing.

Nah he was crap, as was Skuse.

Its no wonder we were overun again, too lightweight. Fact.

Agree Orr was decent though.

But a lot of stick is because some morons cannot make a reasoned judgement because he's the managers son.

And he's consistently the managers son and has of late conjured up match saving/winning situations.

Johnson has been playing on poor form for a couple of games, fair enough.

But that's not why he gets stick. He was, after all, getting lots of stick still when he was playing extremely well. This is for several reasons:

1) Manager's son, easy target for lackwits.

2) He's not Scott Brown

3) He's not a physical player because of his size which some people (wrongly IMO) interpret as bottling it

4) He tries ambitious passes that sometimes don't come off and lose us the ball

5) He doesn't get taken off much because he can run for 90 minutes and has the capability to hit a match winning ball even if he's not had the best of games

Fact is he won us a point today, and he's created more goals by a mile than anyone else this season. He's more than good enough for a place in the side in general though I'd agree that Noble should have been closer than he appears to be in the last few games.

Some moron was walking along the front of the dolman and gave Orr lots of verbal when he came over to take a throw.

Orr said something back.

Moron stepped up to Orr and kicked hoardings and a seat and then swung half a punch.

LJ came over and pushed him away.

Moron walked off. Stewards sort of pretended to try and grab him. Then something happened down near the Atyeo, not sure what.

Utterly disgraceful behaviour and he should have been banned for life and given a good hiding. Orr should no better but because of the shameful way some fans carried on today I feel the players have every right to be frustrated and upset. I hope they realise the tits are a minority that we'd all rather didn't come along.

At the end of the day Orr is a professional footballer and he should not have reacted at all to the fans comments. It sounds like the only reason this moron attacked Orr is because Orr abused him.

Orr should be fined by the club IMO.

But that's not why he gets stick. He was, after all, getting lots of stick still when he was playing extremely well. This is for several reasons:

2) He's not Scott Brown

3) He's not a physical player because of his size which some people (wrongly IMO) interpret as bottling it

5) He doesn't get taken off much because he can run for 90 minutes and has the capability to hit a match winning ball even if he's not had the best of games

Fact is he won us a point today, and he's created more goals by a mile than anyone else this season. He's more than good enough for a place in the side in general though I'd agree that Noble should have been closer than he appears to be in the last few games.

I couldnt give a toss who's son he is.

I don't rate him at the moment because the role he is in, he cannot cope in, because of his size and lack of effort recently. He does bottle challenges, anyone with a pair of eyes can see it.

On recent performances I would drop Skuse though.

WHERE IS NOBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt give a toss who's son he is.

I don't rate him at the moment because the role he is in, he cannot cope in, because of his size and lack of effort recently. He does bottle challenges, anyone with a pair of eyes can see it.

Plenty of people DO give a toss whose son he is though, and that's the source of the majority of the stick he gets and that's why he gets it even when he plays extremely well.

Did you miss his goal or the several chances he created today?

Bottling challenges means not going in for them out of fear. Noone can see that, you have no idea what's going through the players mind. In fact, GJ has said before that he doesn't want his midfield players to commit and get caught when the opposition are on the break.

On recent performances Noble should be at least getting a sniff but Johnson and Noble doesn't work against the better sides.

From what i saw of the incident, one of our idiot fans was on the side giving BO, and LJ a bit of abuse. The fan then proceeded to lash out at orr, throwing a punch which missed orr (where the stewards were during this, god only knows).. LJ got involved and just nudged the idiot back, which is fair enough IMO. Then, he walked out/got chucked out, and apparently a few of his friends tried to get him back into the ground, which started a bit of a fight at the other end of the dolman between fans and stewards.

One of the fans phoning in on radio bristol seemed convinced that a bit of red plastic was thrown in his face just before all of this happened, so his celebration summed it all up really when he scored. He's getting a bit naffed off with the fans, and their lack of support.

At the end of the day Orr is a professional footballer and he should not have reacted at all to the fans comments.

True but what I'm saying is that given the disgraceful behaviour of some fans it is understandable. Noone's perfect.

It sounds like the only reason this moron attacked Orr is because Orr abused him.

Rubbish.

The moron in question attacked Orr because he is a ###### moron and he should be banned for life and charged. Orr should be told to behave.

Plenty of people DO give a toss whose son he is though, and that's the source of the majority of the stick he gets and that's why he gets it even when he plays extremely well.

Did you miss his goal or the several chances he created today?

Bottling challenges means not going in for them out of fear. Noone can see that, you have no idea what's going through the players mind. In fact, GJ has said before that he doesn't want his midfield players to commit and get caught when the opposition are on the break.

On recent performances Noble should be at least getting a sniff but Johnson and Noble doesn't work against the better sides.

I saw his goal....didnt see many chances.

I saw the chance to cross in the box and slice it over, its that sort of complacency that bugs me.

I'm not talking about people making rash tackles when the opposition break, I'm talking about skipping over tackles rather than going in with a crunch. I'm talking about coming off the pitch after todays conditions with sparkling white shorts.

How on earth do we know Johnson and Noble doesnt work?

I cant remember seeing them together much.

Cant be any worse than Skuse + Johnson being overun by Cheltenham and Huddersfield.

True but what I'm saying is that given the disgraceful behaviour of some fans it is understandable. Noone's perfect.

Rubbish.

The moron in question attacked Orr because he is a ###### moron and he should be banned for life and charged. Orr should be told to behave.

So your telling me if Orr completely ignored this man he would have tried to hit him anyway?

Hard to believe...

2) He's not Scott Brown

Spot on.

Orr had a decent game - only he and Betsy showed any kind of link up play whatsoever. However, despite the provocation of the supporter who was clearly to blame for the whole incident, Orr needs to learn that he has to ignore the abuse and walk away - difficult I know but he is a Professional and has to learn to cope.

As for the performance, there are two areas of the pitch where we are lightweight and they stick out like a shining beacon - CENTRE MIDFIELD and LEFT WING. Many of us have been pointing this out all season and yet again it is coming back to bite us on the bum. Gary Johnson feels his options are good enough (Noble probably is but we don't ever get to find out) and so he will carry the can if we fail to reach the play offs this season (I personally think automatic promotion is a fading pipe dream).

Johnson and Skuse are NEARLY men - Skuse NEARLY makes a tackle and Johnson NEARLY plays a good pass. But unfortunately NEARLY never seems to quite make it through to ACTUALLY. I don't buy this comment of "if Johnson was not on the pitch today we wouldn't have got a point" because to be honest it was Johnson, Skuse and Murray who were primarily responsible for the fact that we struggled for the first 88 minutes anyway. The major contribution they made to the game today was to give the ball to Huddersfield. Once the bright opening ten minutes or so without a goal it always seems is out of the way I have constantly seen other teams this season take control of the important midfield area and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. It was no different today.

The quality of our play was poor - forget the cup runs for a minute and you find that most of our performances are boring, lifeless, dull, lacking in imagination, desperate - call it what you want. As somebody said on the radio earlier we seem to "get by" and scrape the results that see us where we are. How many performances IN THE LEAGUE have you seen this season where you have left the ground buzzing? The 18 match unbeaten run was great except we only won around half of them and despite that run we still find ourselves as low as fifth in the league. As supporters we are so deperate to see our team get out of this awful division that we seem to be accepting ANYTHING as long as the means reach the end. Unfortunately I do not see the lack of quality I have consistently witnessed this season getting us a top two finish - sorry to some of you out there for being honest - that is my assessment.

Orr had a decent game - only he and Betsy showed any kind of link up play whatsoever. However, despite the provocation of the supporter who was clearly to blame for the whole incident, Orr needs to learn that he has to ignore the abuse and walk away - difficult I know but he is a Professional and has to learn to cope.

As for the performance, there are two areas of the pitch where we are lightweight and they stick out like a shining beacon - CENTRE MIDFIELD and LEFT WING. Many of us have been pointing this out all season and yet again it is coming back to bite us on the bum. Gary Johnson feels his options are good enough (Noble probably is but we don't ever get to find out) and so he will carry the can if we fail to reach the play offs this season (I personally think automatic promotion is a fading pipe dream).

Johnson and Skuse are NEARLY men - Skuse NEARLY makes a tackle and Johnson NEARLY plays a good pass. But unfortunately NEARLY never seems to quite make it through to ACTUALLY. I don't buy this comment of "if Johnson was not on the pitch today we wouldn't have got a point" because to be honest it was Johnson, Skuse and Murray who were primarily responsible for the fact that we struggled for the first 88 minutes anyway. The major contribution they made to the game today was to give the ball to Huddersfield. Once the bright opening ten minutes or so without a goal it always seems is out of the way I have constantly seen other teams this season take control of the important midfield area and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. It was no different today.

The quality of our play was poor - forget the cup runs for a minute and you find that most of our performances are boring, lifeless, dull, lacking in imagination, desperate - call it what you want. As somebody said on the radio earlier we seem to "get by" and scrape the results that see us where we are. How many performances IN THE LEAGUE have you seen this season where you have left the ground buzzing? The 18 match unbeaten run was great except we only won around half of them and despite that run we still find ourselves as low as fifth in the league. As supporters we are so deperate to see our team get out of this awful division that we seem to be accepting ANYTHING as long as the means reach the end. Unfortunately I do not see the lack of quality I have consistently witnessed this season getting us a top two finish - sorry to some of you out there for being honest - that is my assessment.

Well said all round, exactly the point ive been making.

Our midfield just back, back, back away and give the opposition the freedom of the pitch.

Have to disagree about Skuse, hes been fantastic lately, and i'd drop Johnson rather than Skuse any day.

And on the whole Johnson subject, hes not going to build any sort of relationship with the fans if he goes around baiting us like he did today when he scored (putting his hand to his ear etc), because that sort of thing pisses people off.

People might get off his case if it didnt appear he is trying to wind us up, however frustrated he must be with the fans for berating him, hes the professional footballer, hes getting picked each week for a reason a reason and we have to respect that but he in turn then has to do his bit by not going on a wind up when hes been getting a bit of stick.

How on earth do we know Johnson and Noble doesnt work?

I cant remember seeing them together much.

They started about6 or 8 games earlier this season as the central pairing and we looked far more lightweight than with Skuse and Johnson there.

Cant be any worse than Skuse + Johnson being overun by Cheltenham and Huddersfield.

Overrun in midfield against Cheltenham? How's that then? The midfield didn't see the ball because it went 60 feet over them for most of the game.

Huddersfield were very strong in midfield but we cut through them just as much as they cut through us.

GJ seems to like his teams to get back and defend with 10 men from the first third and force a mistake rather than try to win 50/50s. I think it's tactical, he's said as much before. You can't tell me that any of our other midfielders do different, and it would explain why he never played Brown in the centre.

Perhaps like me the "Complete Moron" was totally hacked off with Bradley Orr's pathetic attempt of a performance and nearly all 13 others.

But I keep my opinions to myself at the ground....... apart from today!

When I backed up Lee Johnson after a barrage of abuse from some ugly looking freak sat in the G Block!

And boy was he ugly! ughhhh

As he went for a tinkle, he walked down the steps shouting exactly what he thought of LJ. Me being in a mood anyway gave me a load of abuse back and told him to shut up (a bit more aggressively).

Oh and how wonderful it was to see him on his feet greatly cheering LJ's Goal! Making Eye contact with him made my afternoon. :travolta:

didnt he look a complete Idiot! :whistle2:

At the end of the day Orr is a professional footballer and he should not have reacted at all to the fans comments. It sounds like the only reason this moron attacked Orr is because Orr abused him.

I take it you didn't actually see the incident then?

complete and yet tripe! no doubt you were one of the morans who was more intent of fighting than watching the game with a comment like that!

Poor today yes, however he has been one of our best players over the last few months and chipped in with some vital goals

complete and yet tripe! no doubt you were one of the morans who was more intent of fighting than watching the game with a comment like that!

Poor today yes, however he has been one of our best players over the last few months and chipped in with some vital goals

Disagree, and because he,s the managers boy will get more chances than Noble....etc etc.

He aint nothing special, infact, would be on the sub,s bench at best if Daddy was,nt in charge

"Orr said something back.

Orr should no better but because of the shameful way some fans carried on today I feel the players have every right to be frustrated and upset"

How and what did you hear Orr say Nibor? - we all say we saw this but it was 10ft in front of my seat - the guy had a rant and all Orr did was open his mouth in shock - HE DID NOT MOUTH BACK ANYTHING. Now I am not deaf nor hard of hearing - I could hardly make out exactly what the loudmouth was saying - so unless you were the guy stood next to him how could you possibly of heard Orr say anything? I am telling you Orr said nothing just stood in open mouthed shock - we have to stop this version as it is untrue

"Orr said something back.

Orr should no better but because of the shameful way some fans carried on today I feel the players have every right to be frustrated and upset"

How and what did you hear Orr say Nibor? - we all say we saw this but it was 10ft in front of my seat - the guy had a rant and all Orr did was open his mouth in shock - HE DID NOT MOUTH BACK ANYTHING. Now I am not deaf nor hard of hearing - I could hardly make out exactly what the loudmouth was saying - so unless you were the guy stood next to him how could you possibly of heard Orr say anything? I am telling you Orr said nothing just stood in open mouthed shock - we have to stop this version as it is untrue

Fair enough, I was further back and it looked like he responded to me but if you were that close I am quite happy to take your word for it. I wasn't having a pop at him anyway, IMO he'd have been perfectly justified to tell the moron to **** off.

I have an opinion on Johnson, yes I must be a hooligan. Grow up old man.

Yes he has chipped in with vital goals against Orient, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

Games that should have been out of site if we had a decent midfield in place.

Fair enough, I was further back and it looked like he responded to me but if you were that close I am quite happy to take your word for it. I wasn't having a pop at him anyway, IMO he'd have been perfectly justified to tell the moron to **** off.

I agree with you - he would have been entitled to have a go but he did not - soemone said he did on Radio as well and I am just trying to defend him because he did not mouth back - that is the fact - Twentyman loved saying "and Orr mouthed back" or something and criticising Orr and it just is not true

The abuse of LJ is pathetic, #######s! We are missing a striker - big time, can't you all see this? It is not a midfield problem, there are no runs taking defenders away, no hold up play, the movement off of the ball up front is so bad. Not Enoch's fault, he is not a striker - the midfield are then limited with static front play, have to play long. Get the **** of LJ's back or he will go, he is one of the most talented players down there, he worked his bollacks of today, and 50% of the crowd want to jump on his back for the all teams misgivings, did they all slag Betsy or Carey when they lost the ball today??

we need to encourage - not slag!

Archived