IGNORED

What is going on

REDOXO

I have an opinion on Johnson, yes I must be a hooligan. Grow up old man.

Yes he has chipped in with vital goals against Orient, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

Games that should have been out of site if we had a decent midfield in place.

midfield in place - what about an attack, or has that bypassed you?

Disagree, and because he,s the managers boy will get more chances than Noble....etc etc.

He aint nothing special, infact, would be on the sub,s bench at best if Daddy was,nt in charge

WHAT???? are you just plain stupid?

he's put in some excellent performances in recent games and proved his quality in the middlesboro game and it was backed up by a number of excellent reports in a number of National Newspapers many of which they rated him man of the match!

still, anything to have a pop at Gary Johnson from your arny! nothing new just the same old personal agdena against him, still see you mate is flopping at yeovil as well, no shock there!

I have an opinion on Johnson, yes I must be a hooligan. Grow up old man.

Yes he has chipped in with vital goals against Orient, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

Games that should have been out of site if we had a decent midfield in place.

take it you missed the boro game when he was one of the best players on the pitch!

take it you missed the boro game when he was one of the best players on the pitch!

No I was there.

He was very good..because we were playing a Prem team.

In the Football League (1,2 and 3) he will not have time on the ball, simple as that.

I thought Noble was even better actually...and where is he?

Sat at home whilst others play week in week out regardless.

fool - you think the attacking line up is not the problem?

You know, I don't actually understand what you're trying to say.

If you're asking, do I think the strikers are crap?

Yes they are right now. But the midfield (middle 2) have been very poor for the last 4 games.

No I was there.

He was very good..because we were playing a Prem team.

In the Football League (1,2 and 3) he will not have time on the ball, simple as that.

I thought Noble was even better actually...and where is he?

Sat at home whilst others play week in week out regardless.

So you would not play a quality player in championship, L1 and L2 becasue he wont get the time on the ball?

You should apply for the job!

You know, I don't actually understand what you're trying to say.

If you're asking, do I think the strikers are crap?

Yes they are right now. But the midfield (middle 2) have been very poor for the last 4 games.

I am saying that the midfield have few options with the players up front, we have no movement up front, no diagonal runs, we need brooker back. We should have got a striker in the window. WHAT is wrong with SB? Has he lost the plot?

I am saying that the midfield have few options with the players up front, we have no movement up front, no diagonal runs, we need brooker back. We should have got a striker in the window. WHAT is wrong with SB? Has he lost the plot?

I take you have not heard of the striker we signed in the transfer window.

WAYNE ANDREWS!

Disagree, and because he,s the managers boy will get more chances than Noble....etc etc.

He aint nothing special, infact, would be on the sub,s bench at best if Daddy was,nt in charge

yet another personal attack on the Johnson from you, how original

nothing special, however been one of our best players in the last couple of months,

noble did well last season, however Johnson is getting the goals from midfield, something Noble didn't do last season, Johnson is just an all round better player than Noble.

Without a doubt pound for pound one of Johnson's best signings however some people can't see beyond who his father is

I'll fill you in half way..

Johnson is getting stick because hes playing shite.

Just like every other player right now, just hes been consistently bad.

Oh of course he is :noexpression: 18 games undefeated and then 3 games without a win, all of a sudden Lee Johnson is shxte :noexpression: . The lad is a very good player and links our play well. I am no G Johnson lover but i DO rate his son. Get off his back.

he's put in some excellent performances in recent games and proved his quality in the middlesboro game and it was backed up by a number of excellent reports in a number of National Newspapers many of which they rated him man of the match!

still, anything to have a pop at Gary Johnson from your arny! nothing new just the same old personal agdena against him, still see you mate is flopping at yeovil as well, no shock there!

Nice little snipe at the end of your post there.......as usual :whistle2: , Funny thing is ......there above us in the league. Was it not you who said they werent good enough to sustain there position near the top.........a couple of months ago :whistle2:

Ga Ga Goo Goo.. Yeah LJ got stick. Justifiably. If he is upset then he ought to consider his misplaced passes, failed tackles and times he was caught in possession. He had a very poor game BY HIS OWN HIGH STANDARDS so get over it.

Personally, I'm more upset about the moron who minds the door in the 'Pemier Club'.. "let me see your badge/ticket" 6TIMES. Hello cretin it's me again...That s the way to encourage guests you idiot.....

Have to disagree about Skuse, hes been fantastic lately, and i'd drop Johnson rather than Skuse any day.

And on the whole Johnson subject, hes not going to build any sort of relationship with the fans if he goes around baiting us like he did today when he scored (putting his hand to his ear etc), because that sort of thing pisses people off.

People might get off his case if it didnt appear he is trying to wind us up, however frustrated he must be with the fans for berating him, hes the professional footballer, hes getting picked each week for a reason a reason and we have to respect that but he in turn then has to do his bit by not going on a wind up when hes been getting a bit of stick.

Skuse has been less than average recently, it is not just Johnson that has been playing poorly - when Skuse plays well he gives Johnson the space to play and run the midfield, if Skuse is off form, it doesn't work so well. Personally, I'd drop Skuse and bring in Noble alongside Johnson (worked quite well for many games earlier in the season).

As for Johnson baiting fans, well what the hell do you expect, he gets booed off the pitch when subbed, he gets abuse from fans, endless calls for Johnson Snr to replace him - I don't think people would get off his case at all, that is the first time I have seen any response from him and yet he gets abuse all the time. And why, because he is the managers son. Let's face it, our defence has been poor, our wingers useless, and our strikers non existent - but apparently it's all Lee Johnsons fault and he is the one that should be replace?

I'm only guessing, but the abuse he received today from the Dolman and the fan that got stuck into Orr might just have been on his mind when he scored - how would you react?

Nice little snipe at the end of your post there.......as usual :whistle2: , Funny thing is ......there above us in the league. Was it not you who said they werent good enough to sustain there position near the top.........a couple of months ago :whistle2:

yep, but the bloke does have a history of making personal pops' at johnson, anyway, Yeovil..........still think they will fall, a certain former forward is already getting stick from the home fans their.

the main reason they are doing so well is Leon Best's goals, they have done very well with him, had a nothing record before joining them and has been scoring ever since he joined, take his goals out of the team and they will fall.

only 2 weeks to go and he's back at Southampton, watch them tumble.

yep, but the bloke does have a history of making personal pops' at johnson, anyway, Yeovil..........still think they will fall, a certain former forward is already getting stick from the home fans their.

the main reason they are doing so well is Leon Best's goals, they have done very well with him, had a nothing record before joining them and has been scoring ever since he joined, take his goals out of the team and they will fall.

only 2 weeks to go and he's back at Southampton, watch them tumble.

But a certain former forward is playing behind the strikers and supplying them with the passes for them to score the goals...........which has taken them above us.

Of course they will slip away. :unsure: ...just as S****horpe have after selling there best (or 2nd) player. :whistle2:

• Admin
I saw his goal....didnt see many chances.

I saw the chance to cross in the box and slice it over, its that sort of complacency that bugs me.

I'm not talking about people making rash tackles when the opposition break, I'm talking about skipping over tackles rather than going in with a crunch. I'm talking about coming off the pitch after todays conditions with sparkling white shorts.

How on earth do we know Johnson and Noble doesnt work?

I cant remember seeing them together much.

Cant be any worse than Skuse + Johnson being overun by Cheltenham and Huddersfield.

The debate certainly isn't helped by idiots who just make up stuff to try and justify their own hatred for certain City players.

0,,10327~3106146,00.jpg

But a certain former forward is playing behind the strikers and supplying them with the passes for them to score the goals...........which has taken them above us.

Of course they will slip away. :unsure: ...just as S****horpe have after selling there best (or 2nd) player. :whistle2:

think you missed my point, Leon Best loan move finishes in 2 weeks, lets see how they do then

he maybe playing behind the front 2, however.......looking at the Yeovil forums, they seem to be saying the saying the same thing may people on hear say about Jevons and VERY unhappy with him in general, they seem convinced he's sitting on his nice wages now he has a nice contract............in bristol city terms........"he's doing a dinning"

LJ is not a defensive midfielder - it's not his game and he is one of the poorest tacklers I can ever remember in a City shirt. That said, he possesses a very good shot, can spot a long or shot pass and generally deliver it and has very good control so why isn't he being encouraged to get forward? It would certainly help our isolated and largely inneffective strikers and it is in forward positions where he can do most damage. Skuse seems an ideal foil for him with a more defensive role.

I'm pleased that LJ got a great reception when he left the field - sorry it's not popular to mention this :dunno:

think you missed my point, Leon Best loan move finishes in 2 weeks, lets see how they do then

he maybe playing behind the front 2, however.......looking at the Yeovil forums, they seem to be saying the saying the same thing may people on hear say about Jevons and VERY unhappy with him in general, they seem convinced he's sitting on his nice wages now he has a nice contract............in bristol city terms........"he's doing a dinning"

No, i havent missed your point, Best leaving will be exactly the same as Keogh ? leaving S****horpe ( to Wolves) everyone said that would be the end of S****horpes challenge, well THERE still up there. One man doesnt make a team.

As for you saying Stewarts sitting on nice wages .....well he could have sat here on even nicer wages i am led to believe.

ps. Why do you read the Yeovil Forums ? :blink: is it an obsession :rolleyes:

yet another personal attack on the Johnson from you, how original

nothing special, however been one of our best players in the last couple of months,

noble did well last season, however Johnson is getting the goals from midfield, something Noble didn't do last season, Johnson is just an all round better player than Noble.

Without a doubt pound for pound one of Johnson's best signings however some people can't see beyond who his father is

God you make me laugh, not a personal attack on GJ at all, just a comment, a comment quite a few/many, of us agree with.

I'm happy with the man in charge, just a little concernced that O N C E A G A I N City will under acheive.

Try and understand!

Can you put the link on here for the Yeovil forum where there all slagging him off. CHEERS

Terry, thats opinions , FFS i aint aving a pop at senior Jonhnson, and FFS aint mentioned MS since he left!!!!

don't tag me with that, most/all wont give you respect for that load of all b o l l o c k s.

As for Lee, yes, he has done well in a few games, but he,s done dreadful in some as well, like it or lump it

Orr had a decent game - only he and Betsy showed any kind of link up play whatsoever. However, despite the provocation of the supporter who was clearly to blame for the whole incident, Orr needs to learn that he has to ignore the abuse and walk away - difficult I know but he is a Professional and has to learn to cope.

As for the performance, there are two areas of the pitch where we are lightweight and they stick out like a shining beacon - CENTRE MIDFIELD and LEFT WING. Many of us have been pointing this out all season and yet again it is coming back to bite us on the bum. Gary Johnson feels his options are good enough (Noble probably is but we don't ever get to find out) and so he will carry the can if we fail to reach the play offs this season (I personally think automatic promotion is a fading pipe dream).

Johnson and Skuse are NEARLY men - Skuse NEARLY makes a tackle and Johnson NEARLY plays a good pass. But unfortunately NEARLY never seems to quite make it through to ACTUALLY. I don't buy this comment of "if Johnson was not on the pitch today we wouldn't have got a point" because to be honest it was Johnson, Skuse and Murray who were primarily responsible for the fact that we struggled for the first 88 minutes anyway. The major contribution they made to the game today was to give the ball to Huddersfield. Once the bright opening ten minutes or so without a goal it always seems is out of the way I have constantly seen other teams this season take control of the important midfield area and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. It was no different today.

The quality of our play was poor - forget the cup runs for a minute and you find that most of our performances are boring, lifeless, dull, lacking in imagination, desperate - call it what you want. As somebody said on the radio earlier we seem to "get by" and scrape the results that see us where we are. How many performances IN THE LEAGUE have you seen this season where you have left the ground buzzing? The 18 match unbeaten run was great except we only won around half of them and despite that run we still find ourselves as low as fifth in the league. As supporters we are so deperate to see our team get out of this awful division that we seem to be accepting ANYTHING as long as the means reach the end. Unfortunately I do not see the lack of quality I have consistently witnessed this season getting us a top two finish - sorry to some of you out there for being honest - that is my assessment.

Greebo has described the game the way I saw it. The midfield was poor today and Lee Johnson was often negative in passing the ball back to the defence on several occasions instead of finding a way forward to supply the forwards. McCombe, McAllister, Orr and Betsy showed they were well up for the game but the rest of the side seemed to be half asleep today. A great goal from Lee Johnson but very little else from the whole of the midfield today.

Just one point from 3 league games is poor by anyone's standards. :disapointed2se:

Thats b***ocks he played reasonably well today, but any pass that went astray was jumped on by the bigots oin the crowd. I am not surprised he didn't celebrate his goal, he probaably feels some of the fans deserved an eqauliser.

Bradley Orr was my man of the match so I don't know what that guy in the crowd was doing.

No bloody way Hornbeam, only ONE City player deserved that, Kevin Betsy.

Scott Murray, and Basso, before his sending off were reasonable. Bradley Orr, NO WAY!!

Archived