IGNORED

Lee Johnson and our so called fans

Andy082005

I can't agree with you.

I appreciate you have a season ticket and feel obligated, but maybe next year don't get one?

If I feel they have played poorly, I'll go home and be annoyed, probably come on here and whine a bit, but I cannot, CANNOT see the logic in standing shouting abuse at players in the red shirt, or booing the lads off the park.

I felt disgruntled earlier in the season, and I missed some games (I also have a ST) and sitting it out made me realise that I probably wanted to be there more than not.

Don't worry about not going for a while - it'll probably help you get back in the mood!

Slating the manager and players really is nothing new at this club, I've heard it all before. As a little lad I remember hearing sections of the BCFC following shouting "Dick's must go" and that was in the early 1970's before Alan Dicks got us promoted into the top flight in 1976.

It is indeed PC fantasy from Lala land. Booing and abuse is just not going to cease because you or anyone else wants it to stop. You are fighting human nature, and thats a no win situation. John Atyeo was booed and abused in the 1950's, he scored 350+ goals in 600+ matches but still copped it when he missed a few. Thats how it is, and you and I cant change it. I worked it out 50 years ago, as for yourself, thats your date with reality.

I think we're both agreed that booing is a natural impulse and that its hard to prevent it.

But, getting back to the question I asked you, doesnt it make more sense to support the team, rather than discourage the players by booing ? What if we thought before we booed the team ?

And while I think youre right to say we're never going to eliminate the booing, not all clubs are as quick to get on the back of their own players. Fans from other clubs who come to Ashton Gate are often surprised by how critical we are. I try to explain it by saying that we have high expectations. But I think these high expectations are dragging the club and the players down and there is more we can do as fans to get behind the club.

I can't agree with you.

I appreciate you have a season ticket and feel obligated, but maybe next year don't get one?

If I feel they have played poorly, I'll go home and be annoyed, probably come on here and whine a bit, but I cannot, CANNOT see the logic in standing shouting abuse at players in the red shirt, or booing the lads off the park.

I felt disgruntled earlier in the season, and I missed some games (I also have a ST) and sitting it out made me realise that I probably wanted to be there more than not.

Don't worry about not going for a while - it'll probably help you get back in the mood!

I find it strange that the abuse coming from the stands bothers you more than the abject performaces currently being put on offer by our team!

If people want to boo, let em. It then for the players to ram that back down the throats of the moaners by doing the business. I thought Lee Johnson reaction when he scored was disgraceful, so a few morons give him a hard time so he decides to sulk after he scores? He should of ran to the area when he get the most abuse and gave it the big 'now what!!'

I am really sick and tired of the fans getting a hard time, the players are the ones earning thousands and should be held accountable of poor performances. Blaming the fans is just plain daft and gives the players a out. Let stop talking about the fans and talk about where things are going wrong because if we carry on like we are even the play-offs could pass us by.

I have read most of these threads fairly quickly, as there are now quite alot of them. I would like to say that no one has mentioned that it never seems to work when ever you have a Father/Son relationship working close together in any walk of life. Outsiders will most of the time feel like there is favouritism towards the relationship, even in youth football where the dad is manager of a side his son plays in. That is exactly how it seems to me at present with GJ and LJ.

Another point I would like to make is we now see increasing numbers of young players who make it to the game because they are given every chance because their fathers being ex pro's or are in the game as managers, so therefore have good contacts. Lets be fair would we have signed lee Johnson from a Scottish club if wasn't for the fact that his dad was manager, I don't think so!! There were and still is plenty of better midfield players out there who GJ could of signed.

Lee Johnson at the moment is definately not playing very well, but still gets his place infront of players like Noble, who yesterday was not even on the bench so if he was not injured I find it ludicrous that he was not in the squad. Alot of people have comented on how he got us a undeserved point yesterday, but no one has mentioned about Huddersfields goal and one of the persons responsible for that was LJ who lost his man twice during that incident and never got a tackle in once.

I'm sorry but my conclusoin is that we will always have discontent by supporters and LJ, so if BCFC wants to move on and not see incidents like yesterday one of them should go, or GJ should drop him more often if he is out of form, he always finds excuses to bring other players off the pitch but not so for his son.

I find it strange that the abuse coming from the stands bothers you more than the abject performaces currently being put on offer by our team!

If people want to boo, let em. It then for the players to ram that back down the throats of the moaners by doing the business. I thought Lee Johnson reaction when he scored was disgraceful, so a few morons give him a hard time so he decides to sulk after he scores? He should of ran to the area when he get the most abuse and gave it the big 'now what!!'

I am really sick and tired of the fans getting a hard time, the players are the ones earning thousands and should be held accountable of poor performances. Blaming the fans is just plain daft and gives the players a out. Let stop talking about the fans and talk about where things are going wrong because if we carry on like we are even the play-offs could pass us by.

The whole incident is a shame. I wonder if the parents who got free tickets with there kids (schools) in the EE would of thought of it. Does not give the 'family friendly' image now does it.

Spot on sir!

LJ has scored 3 from 35, and created more than who ? Russell half as many starts 17, Noble a third as many starts, 11, and Skuse 27 who is a holding defending midfielder where they compliment each other.

yes, but those players had plenty of chances last season as well and didn't have the influence on games that Johnson is having, just comparing Johnson and Noble's goal record is a key sign,

for an Attacking Midfielder, Noble just doesn't get another goals, whereas Johnson has.

IMO if LJ was not Gary's son he would be the fans favourite in the same manner Tinnion was as he puts so much effort and running into his football as well as being the heartbeat of the team. I hope this incident yesterday helps get everybody behind him, sadly I doubt it.

Couldnt agree more with you

I have read most of these threads fairly quickly, as there are now quite alot of them. I would like to say that no one has mentioned that it never seems to work when ever you have a Father/Son relationship working close together in any walk of life. Outsiders will most of the time feel like there is favouritism towards the relationship, even in youth football where the dad is manager of a side his son plays in. That is exactly how it seems to me at present with GJ and LJ.

Another point I would like to make is we now see increasing numbers of young players who make it to the game because they are given every chance because their fathers being ex pro's or are in the game as managers, so therefore have good contacts. Lets be fair would we have signed lee Johnson from a Scottish club if wasn't for the fact that his dad was manager, I don't think so!! There were and still is plenty of better midfield players out there who GJ could of signed.

Lee Johnson at the moment is definately not playing very well, but still gets his place infront of players like Noble, who yesterday was not even on the bench so if he was not injured I find it ludicrous that he was not in the squad. Alot of people have comented on how he got us a undeserved point yesterday, but no one has mentioned about Huddersfields goal and one of the persons responsible for that was LJ who lost his man twice during that incident and never got a tackle in once.

I'm sorry but my conclusoin is that we will always have discontent by supporters and LJ, so if BCFC wants to move on and not see incidents like yesterday one of them should go, or GJ should drop him more often if he is out of form, he always finds excuses to bring other players off the pitch but not so for his son.

A lot of creeps[sorry,posters] on here know full well that nepotism is very much to the fore at this club yet they continually avoid the issue.Probably because they know that Sir Gary reads it and they don't want to upset him.

You have hit the nail firmly on the head with your post and the sooner the arse lickers who masquerade as City fans realise that the better.

we had a so called fan behind us ( he wasn't there before ) shouting abuse at LJ.

when he scored , i turned around and said " so LJ is rubbish then". he promptly

stood up and left his seat.

this also reminds me of another player who was constantly abused by fans when he first came here.

the legend BRIAN TINNION . he came through it and LJ will. LJ needs to clap the supporters more

when he goes off the field.he needs to relate to the fans more.

also what will bristol rovers supporters :laugh::laugh::laugh: be thinking of our fans arguing and fighting

among ourselves . we WILL beat the gas in both games.

also what will bristol rovers supporters be thinking of our fans arguing and fighting

among ourselves . we WILL beat the gas in both games

Who cares what they think??

If their fans are so great, why is their club such a joke. 120 years of history and nothing to show for it!!

6 seasons in the fourth division and not even a sniff of promotion. CITYS achievements are pathetic so what does that make theirs????

Who cares what they think??

If their fans are so great, why is their club such a joke. 120 years of history and nothing to show for it!!

6 seasons in the fourth division and not even a sniff of promotion. CITYS achievements are pathetic so what does that make theirs????

JUst two Bristol clubs that have struggled for too many years in the lower leagues thats all. I cant see either side getting out of their respective divisions this season. Reason being we both seem to press the self destruct button when it really matters.

Em, We wont mention Burnell, Aaron Brown, Robbo, Lee Miller, or Marcus, then............ some of those bitchin' about the stick handed out to minime, are some of those who heaped abuse on Robbo, Miller and Marcus too

Others who have copped it are Doc, Coles, Matty Hill, Leapy. I seem to recollect Goodridge, Junior Bent, Tinnion, Bob Taylor and others too. Its a way of life for disgruntled fans, always has been, always will. The level they get nowadays is getting well OTT though

Minime is not helping his own cause with the cupping hands etc etc. He does go AWOL in the routine bread and butter games (The League, you know promotion type games) whilst shining in cup games.

His dads role in the issue don't help either, not dropping him, when tired/out of form, despite having a more than adequate replacement in Noble (Who wasnt even on the bench today)

Take a look at the names mentioned above and see where they are now and how well they have done/did since leaving, Robbo, started scoring for fun, as did Miller, Bridges, Marcus, Doc was a strong player who literally fought for this club on the pitch, as did Matty and Coles, just to name a few, MINIME, as you call him i think had every right to do what he did, as personally i felt like bopping people i heard mock the lad, i was soooooooo pleased it was him that scored the goal yesterday, good on ya young un, now is the time for the fans to rebuild this young lads confidence, as all the mockers out there are doing is knocking it out of him, I saw more than Lee give away the ball yesterday, more than Lee give a wayword pass, more than Lee not go in for a tackle... but no one else scored a goal, i could of ran on the pitch and kissed him when he scored.

I like watching him play, i personaly think he is a good player, fast, can nip a ball of the feet of others, they all had a bad game yesterday, not just Lee, its about time the fans laid off him, i think we all knew this would happen when he came because of who his dad is, i think the expectations were to high, try and forget who is dad is and let him be himself.

I am totally fed up of the critism Lee Johnson gets. Anyone with a half a footballing brain can see exactly why Gary picks him every week. OK his passes don't always come off and he occasionally makes mistakes. That aside you always get the feeling he could do something productive everytime he gets the ball.

Ive never understood some of the fans that we get down Ashton Gate, I mean why are they there!? Not a football brain cell amoungst them.

Everybody should get behind the lads and stop bad mouthing them.

Slating the manager and players really is nothing new at this club, I've heard it all before. As a little lad I remember hearing sections of the BCFC following shouting "Dick's must go" and that was in the early 1970's before Alan Dicks got us promoted into the top flight in 1976.

I clearly remember the headlines. "Dicks Out" caused a few sniggers in my house, but even better was "It'll be hard Dicks". To be fair to the Evil Post, the later editions were changed to "It'll be tough Dicks".

Ooeer missus.

Archived