IGNORED

Swindons New Ground In A Tip

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Its just been on BBC points West, says its going to be 23,000 seater and they're going to be a offical press conference on Monday.

New stadium on a tip?

Say's a bit more for their officials (local council et al) as opposed to City's attempt to redevelop at the back of David Lloyds - also a former tip!

Another thing is we would've had a 30000+ with all the other facilities like bars, corporate facilities, parking, etc and I bet we would've gone a long way to filling it

Ho hum...

At least they have a council willing to grant them permission to build a new stadium!!
Exactly Tom.

I detect a note of envy in some of the comments on this thread.

It will be interesting to see if Swindons' gates improve with the attraction of a new stadium when/if it gets built.

Exactly Tom.

I detect a note of envy in some of the comments on this thread.

It will be interesting to see if Swindons' gates improve with the attraction of a new stadium when/if it gets built.

Without doubt, new Stadia increase the chances of new supporters.

Wiltshire & M4 corridor is a huge catchment area & it could prove a pull for some supporters who don't attend at present.

Typical reflection on the p1$$ poor Council we have. :dunno:

Guest gurney4england

Ahh, poor old Bristol City. We're getting a new ground, and your stuck in that old tin shed that you call "Ashton Gate". If you tried to make a gate out of that it would fall apart. What makes you think you would fill a 30,000 seater stadium anyway? You would be surprised how many fans you don't have!

Around Swindon there are loads of people who stopped watching in the days of Steve McMoan and would return if the new ground goes ahead. And then theres all the people who just look to see the scores every week on the TV. (A black box which shows programmes for entertainment). They would all go if only to see the new ground. They would see the wonderful attacking play which I watch every week (that's why the defence is cr@p) and they'd want to go back for more. :angry:

I'm sorry mate but you really dont need it , your grounds good enough for div 2/div1 if you go up all it needs is a roof on the away end and some decent red seats in the arkells stand , unless you get to the very top of div 1 or the premiership you wont get 16000 people in there , unless you let the other team have around 6000 tickets. I spose it is looking a bit characterless and tired and your board are amibtious but why now? Another question you should ask the board is can you afford it after recently coming out of administration?

And to answer your question no we wouldnt fill a 30,000 seater stadium unless we were in the prem , if we were challenging for auto promotion to the prem i'm sure we would get 20,000 plus gates regularly , but its for the future i spose, like yours is but i just dont think you would need a stadium that big.

Guest Town_end_Lad
I'm sorry mate but you really dont need it , your grounds good enough for div 2/div1 if you go up all it needs is a roof on the away end and some decent red seats in the arkells stand , unless you get to the very top of div 1 or the premiership you wont get 16000 people in there , unless you let the other team have around 6000 tickets. I spose it is looking a bit characterless and tired and your board are amibtious but why now? Another question you should ask the board is can you afford it after recently coming out of administration?

And to answer your question no we wouldnt fill a 30,000 seater stadium unless we were in the prem , if we were challenging for auto promotion to the prem i'm sure we would get 20,000 plus gates regularly , but its for the future i spose, like yours is but i just dont think you would need a stadium that big.

neither do you need a new ground. your a yo yo club. when ever you go up to Div 1 you always go straight back down again. you aint as "massive" as you all think.

Archived