IGNORED

Is this the end for Adriano Basso

mundz18

Before i start i just want to say i reckon Basso's AND Weale are good keepers but...

I was saying after saturday now Basso has to be dropped for the boro game, this will probally mean Weale will be in goal for the rest of the season, as Gary Johnson never needed a reason to drop him.

Now after last nights game that seems certain to happen

Over to you! :city:

Guest ashtonyate
Before i start i just want to say i reckon Basso's AND Weale are good keepers but...

I was saying after saturday now Basso has to be dropped for the boro game, this will probally mean Weale will be in goal for the rest of the season, as Gary Johnson never needed a reason to drop him.

Now after last nights game that seems certain to happen

Over to you! :city:

I know it was Weale first game and he need a few under is belt before you can judge him, but I think Basso looks more agile and competent than Weale and think in the pen shoot out may have saved more pens

agree that Basso should get his place back, but its a good feeling to know you have a good keeper in reserve.

My one complaint with Weale is that he did not come out and command the box, but hung back and waited on the defenders to clear the many cross's into the box, this meant the ball was swinging in closer and closer to the six yard box. At the other end the Boro keeper came out and claimed everything in the air, which I thought was a good example to Weale..

For all that Weale still looked a good, good keeper and as someone else commented whoever it is the other wil not sulk over it.

I thought he did 'wealey' well (deeply sorry about that)

but lacked some agility and as the earlier post said he didn't command as much as he could have, but given that it was his first full game for us and how long he's been out, he did well.

Saturday? - I've got a hunch GJ will stick with Weale, which is harsh on Basso who has turned into a really good keeper at our level.

(I'd prefer Basso back, he is more fluid, and although scary, will punch and come off his line.)

think he will stick will Weale for now for the next few game, both players are out of contract at the end of the season and I think he could we play Weale for the next couple of weeks, GJ's doesn't like to drop players unless their performances deserve it, the place is there for him to lose,

I get a feeling Weale will play the next few games until he reaches that magic 10game mark for his contract to be renewed and then we will see Basso possibly come back in.

think he will stick will Weale for now for the next few game, both players are out of contract at the end of the season and I think he could we play Weale for the next couple of weeks, GJ's doesn't like to drop players unless their performances deserve it, the place is there for him to lose,

I get a feeling Weale will play the next few games until he reaches that magic 10game mark for his contract to be renewed and then we will see Basso possibly come back in.

/quote]

Noble, Keogh, Fontaine might all disagree with you re GJ not dropping players. Basso still looks the betterkeeper to me.

Archived