IGNORED

Andrews

mossey

sorry to say, but from what I've seen so far, not to impressed with him, yet another loan signing that looks (I know early days) as if might not work out, and we had a few! does anyone else feel the same way?

He has hardly been given much of a chance has he? scored 2 goals in his first two games against Oldham and Brigton, and has been quiet since......but lets be honest, so has a vast majority of our players. Take away the two Boro games (which he was cup tied for) in recent weeks and we've played poorly.

You have to remember that he hasnt played a lot this season so may be a little of the pace, plus he has hardly had a run of games since he came here what with being cup tied in the FA Cup etc

Give the bloke time....if at the end of the season still no good, he goes back to Coventry

Give the bloke time....if at the end of the season still no good, he goes back to Coventry

to be honest, i would rather give benyon or plumber the chance/time to prove themselves rather than a player who's current team doesnt feel the need for so have loaned him out.

wouldnt say I'm impressed by him, but at the same time i wouldnt say he has been disappointed by him. would just rather our own young players were given if they were seen as good enough to offer a contract too.

to be honest, i would rather give benyon or plumber the chance/time to prove themselves rather than a player who's current team doesnt feel the need for so have loaned him out.

Interesting theory, so with Brooker's availability record being frankly terrible this season, Enoch now starting to miss games again, you'd be happy for us to rely on pairing Phil Jevons with one of two youngsters who have never played a minute in league football between them for the run in?

Following an excellent start Andrews has disappointed me in his last two sub appearances, but having missed out on Holt and Pospisil and with our own forwards seemingly unable to stay fit, the advantage of having an experienced striker on board who has scored Championship goals in his career seems pretty obvious to me.

Have we got him until the end of the season?

To be fair to him he's been in and out of the side due to cup commitments etc so hasnt had the chance to get a run of games, He's got the pace that none of the other forwards have and is a good option to have from the start or off the bench.

He may yet prove to be a valuable signing with our forwards injury problems this season, Theres alot of games left to play.

Interesting theory, so with Brooker's availability record being frankly terrible this season, Enoch now starting to miss games again, you'd be happy for us to rely on pairing Phil Jevons with one of two youngsters who have never played a minute in league football between them for the run in?

yep! youngsters play without the pressure of your experienced players. they also play with no fear. if they are not seen as good enough to play for us and help with the promotion push, why are they at the club?

the only way you will find out what they are made of is to put them to the test. sink or swim.

yep! youngsters play without the pressure of your experienced players. they also play with no fear.

Most play without fear to start with. The first sign of the boo boys and many will simply break.

If they are not seen as good enough to play for us and help with the promotion push, why are they at the club?

Because as teenagers they are far from being the players we hope they will become?

The only way you will find out what they are made of is to put them to the test. sink or swim.

Is sink really an option right now? If we're happy to apply the Crewe philosophy of gearing everything at the club towards youth development and taking promotion as a bonus if it comes along then great, but from the reaction on here to a single defeat I think selling this philosophy to most fans will be more than a little difficult.

yep! youngsters play without the pressure of your experienced players. they also play with no fear. if they are not seen as good enough to play for us and help with the promotion push, why are they at the club?

the only way you will find out what they are made of is to put them to the test. sink or swim.

try telling that to some of the younger players over the years who have got abuse even though they were young players, players like Burnell, Cotterill, Carey & Aaron Brown all who have got plenty abuse from the fans because they made mistakes

Andrews scored 2 in his first 2 games, but due to the FA cup hasn't had a settled go in the team, experienced, pacy and strong! 3 things we wanted and 3 things he has got!

sorry to say, but from what I've seen so far, not to impressed with him, yet another loan signing that looks (I know early days) as if might not work out, and we had a few! does anyone else feel the same way?

mind you, thinking about it,I could be wrong, as I said early days, don't mind if he does nothing much else but keep scoring till the end of the season, cos a another goal scorer we do need!

good signing, showed yesterday what he's all about, pacy, strong and good finisher.

quality taken goal

Said on today Championship that Andrews is a journeyman striker who has had 9 previous clubs.That begs the question as to whether his attitude changes when he gets a contract.....after all he wouldn't be the first.

Personally I think he's done a resonable job since joining City considering how many chances he's had due to being cup tied.

Archived