IGNORED

tonights match-what a waste of time

sab

Well you're the same as me mate - living in the dark side.

Give the dark side any excuse and they're absolute murder.

Those insignifact degenerare scum absolutely hate us and with good reason.

I personally only really hate them due to their 'Club' holding the city of Bristol back with their prolonged and stubborn wastage of positive energy. I wish they'd become extinct, I hypothetically wish that The Beautiful City only had the one Club. What the ##### is going on? We're ill respected by Club's from every other major city (minus Bradford) and it ain't right. And then there's the Gas Gay Pride down in Whorefield doing their destined loser's act. Just dissapear.

This is between me and you and the reason why we can not lose to them and a umm :ermm: 'result' for them is always the ultimate F - You!!

This is why the tie is important.

TRY NHS DIRECT

Forward Note:

This ain't going to be short and possibly a little emotional, but I'll try and make it as coherant, concise and civil as I can

Dorset....the League is considered to me as business, Rovers is personal, I'd go as far as saying almost spiritual. This is also a crap hypothetical dilema that I don't like to engage in - like 'they' say don't mix your professional and personal life. Even the potential possibility of half mill (? - or whatever) to the Club and a nice day out with big foam hands, hooters, face paint and 20,000 bandwagon jumpers is in my eyes entirely independent of a game with Rovers.

I've been a right touchy little bastard for the last three days, I've just been for a long walk now to calm myself down as it goes. A strict non-drinking regime hasn't helped but I may have to have a day off tomorrow night. Although this game hasn't been consciously at the forfront of my mind I do now associate it to my anxiety, pre-match tension like I've not felt since I can remember.

The 8 year old boy who sat motionless with tears slowly trickling down his face second's after Christ Waddle blasted high and wide races to the surface with the derby like no other game, combine that with the days of utter guttedness following the aftermath of experiencing delirious Gasheads celebrating in their clubhouse terrace in 2000 - not to mention the day's in School following '95 then you'll understand why I take issue with anyone who say's this isn't important. (I was going to express my sentiment stronger earlier but wrote my thought's on the matter on Sunday and saw this one as more of a piss take out of the number of people who all told SAB he'd got the day wrong. Also, why do people not find the relevant thread to report their issue on?)

I'd rather not have to go through this derby but here we are and what with the chemistry between the Club's in this city being how it is; the pressure is firmly on us not to lose.

To go on, if anyone (probably naive female type) who suggest's that I need to grow up, I need to get some perspective or 'it's only a game' if, if ..... well, 'you know what' happen's then there really will be drama. I don't care how corporate, how commersialised, how bland or how 'family entertainment' orientated they've tried to make Football in the last 10 years - THIS MATTERS BIG.

Anyone who disagree's must be emotionally far removed from me.

I just pray to God we score early.

COME ON YOU REDS!

It's been good getting this shit out, accusations of over-sentimentality I refute, this is what I've been feeling.

I have always lived approx 70 miles from Ashton Gate and all my remembered life I have supported Bristol City FC never any other team....... through much of my school years it felt like only me and my family were City fans...... apart from Mum who is mad and is a gashead.... it's hard when people don't understand you..... even harder when you are a kid..... that is what it is like supporting a team like ours from so far away........ have you ever sat and watched a BCFC game because you could just about get a signal from HTV down here, even though it was almost impossible to actually see it........... but It was Bristol City...... your team..... not any other..... I used to visit my 'Nan Bristol' with the rest of my brothers and Mum/Dad ......... the greatest of treats was to walk down with my brothers and Dad to Ashton Gate from Quantock Road...... to watch the Bristol City FC..... it is so vivid in my memory and so exciting to think of even now I am in my mid 40's

I feel that same excitement even now....... might end up disappointed though but hey that is the game

With the greatest of respect to you WTFiGO....... a date that will always be in my mind is.. 5th Aug 1978

When Bristol City beat Bristol Rovers 6 - 1 at Ashton Gate in front of 9874 this being in the Anglo Scottish Cup

I travelled up from Poole in Dorset with one of my older brothers for that game it was truly amazing to watch and even more fantastic to be there...... I totally understand how important games against the gas are full stop.

I totally understand how important it is to beat the gas too.

However the league is the most important thing for our club right now...... I seriously don't wish to see us blow it again this year.

I spent my whole formative years supporting a football club that so many snigger at when mentioned........ I have put up with that through all the years, and it is most of em for me, that we have been in the third and fourth division....... most of my early school days in the late 60's early 70's we had nothing much to shout about until we climbed up the tables and ended up in the 'Top Flight'.............Yes!

This was as we know followed by our demise......bish bosh down to division four in consecutive seasons but despite that I like you have stuck with it. Yes I'd love to beat the Gas....... don't think I would not be pissed off if they beat us...... but I would still rather BCFC get promoted this year.

If I was going to be true to many a City fan comments I'd guess that we will probably lose to the gas and not go up either

So you think I am 'emotionally far removed' from you(?)...... well right you are, but I'm not am I eh?

I do understand your league stance too........ as for me sod the premier league that's division 1... the championship is division 2 and we are in division 3 ............ I agree, but I also do understand the BCFC v the gassers

I still don't think SAB was wrong though.. and I stand by my comments.

Archived