IGNORED

tonights match-what a waste of time

sab

why do we want to win a cup for the lowest 2 divisions?

Surely the priority should be to get out of our division not encourage injuries?

I will not be there tonight nor in Cardiff if we go through

but I will be in Brighton on Saturday even though it means sitting with Brighton fans

any-one agree?

Surely the priority should be to get out of our division not encourage injuries?

but I will be in Brighton on Saturday even though it means sitting with Brighton fans

any-one agree?

I'm not going tonight,but am going to Brighton saturday and Ashton Gate tomorrow night.

any-one agree?

Hope you have fun with those Brighton boys. :handbags:

I agree promotion is the priority but we can't pass up the opportunity to stuff the Gas, can we?

any-one agree?

What game you playing tonight?

any-one agree?

certainly won't bother tonight

will be there on weds though !!!!! :chant6ez:

any-one agree?

Agree with you totally....I wont be going anywhere near AG tonight

Now tomorrrow.... :whistle2:

Sometimes I don't understand why teams bother with FA Cup or Champions league for that matter

and best stop reserve games as well - players could get injured in them also...

what a waste of time

Stuff the possible £half mill profit - stuff the great atmos - and stuff the memories which remain with you all your life (3 Wembley's and 2 Millenium's in my case - hated each and everyone of them...not)

Stay home - you won't be missed

No I strongly disagree with your post...we haven't got a game tonight!

...anyway, I guess everyone sees promotion as priority, it's the only thing that really matters, but the financial benefit of a cup final - Mickey Mouse or not - is massive.

It can also help lift the club and introduce new young fans into the fold, which is crucial for the longterm future. I'm sure one of the reasons our fanbase is so much bigger than that of the Rovers is that over the years we've had far more big occasions, promotions, cup finals etc to lure the aspiring young Bristol football fan. That and the fact Rovers are rubbish.

I think its embarressing that City are in the Mickey Mouse Cup in the first place because its only for clubs from the lower divisions and I'd rather City didn't qualify (next season,I hope)

But.....like it or not we are in the competition and therefore might as well make as much dosh from it as possible.The two games against the Gas will generate some good income and if City get through to the Millenium then we could be looking at a £500k pay day as well.

In that regard its well worth the effort.

ok ok - shows I don't give a toss- getting the day wrong

feel free to enjoy the match and the final but it means nothing to me apart from some needed ££'s IF it goes back to the club

if you cant get excited about project of beating rovers home and away, and then a game in front of 60,000 spectators with nothing to lose then think you're following wrong sport, son.

any-one agree?

I can't understand that at all.

I couldn't care if it's the Tin Pot trophy, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Gloucester Cup or the league - it's the Gas FFS. Derbies are mental, I love 'em. How any City fan could purposely miss out on a derby is way beyond me.

This game is massive for us bristolians that have to put up with the sh1te the gas heads throw at us,everyday at work.

We can finally shut them up once and for all.

Oh, and the prospect of seeing 40k city fans at the millenium don't excite you.You must be from a different planet mate.THIS IS MASSIVE

any-one agree?

Nope; TOMORROWS game will be remembered for a bit longer than the Brighton game and will be talked about for many months in pubs and games; whatever the outcome.

The atmosphere in the East End and ground will also not be surpassed until "the" game that gets us promotted.

Certainly not a meaningless game to many thousands of football fans in this area either.

Injuries can occur in training, in warm up before a game even in town :shutup:

any-one agree?

Why are you sitting with the Brighton fans and making a point about doing so when there are plenty of tickets left for the away end?

any-one agree?

Just in case eight people haven't already said and you yourself haven't already acknowledged the error I'd like to just point out that the game is tomorrow night.

You seem to be in a bit of a minorety when it comes to the importance of a Bristol derby.

Just in case eight people haven't already said and you yourself haven't already acknowledged the error I'd like to just point out that the game is tomorrow night.

You seem to be in a bit of a minorety when it comes to the importance of a Bristol derby.

Make no mistake - tomorrow night's game is a big game. I'll be there to - hopefully - witness us trounce the Gas to make the second leg at the Rugby ground a formality.

Up the City

No....... In fairness the SAB is right but he maybe has not put it over in a way that most people agree with

Any game against the gas is an important must win game

The money from a JPT cup final is important....... if only from the money aspect and the publicity

but the really, really, really important games are the game against Brighton plus every other league game left....... and in my honest opinion promotion 'IS MORE IMPORTANT' so please all of you lot get off the blokes back.

BRISTOL CITY FC...... IS ALSO BIGGER THAN Bristol.

No....... In fairness the SAB is right but he maybe has not put it over in a way that most people agree with

The money from a JPT cup final is important....... if only from the money aspect and the publicity

but the really, really, really important games are the game against Brighton plus every other league game left....... and in my honest opinion promotion 'IS MORE IMPORTANT' so please all of you lot get off the blokes back.

So you wont be at the final either

So you wont be at the final either

No I will not be at the final....... for two reasons......... we ain't there yet and we ain't there yet

I have another reason as well ........ I'd rather be playing in Division Two (Championship) next year than go to a JPT final

In an ideal world we would achieve all of our goals....... promotion & The JPT

I do not have a problem with that...... do you?

No I will not be at the final....... for two reasons......... we ain't there yet and we ain't there yet

I have another reason as well ........ I'd rather be playing in Division Two (Championship) next year than go to a JPT final

In an ideal world we would achieve all of our goals....... promotion & The JPT

I do not have a problem with that...... do you?

I'm wi daaaaarset on this PROMOTION is vastly more important than beating the sags, but to prevent any smug braggin for the next thirty years we just gotta beat the sags. hopefully both will come to pass, two leagues clear of them and swindle too

and 40,000 plus cider reds at barfdiff should stir the soul though Daaarset, keepin the red flag flyin high (We havent as you said got there yet)

Forward Note:

This ain't going to be short and possibly a little emotional, but I'll try and make it as coherant, concise and civil as I can

Dorset....the League is considered to me as business, Rovers is personal, I'd go as far as saying almost spiritual. This is also a crap hypothetical dilema that I don't like to engage in - like 'they' say don't mix your professional and personal life. Even the potential possibility of half mill (? - or whatever) to the Club and a nice day out with big foam hands, hooters, face paint and 20,000 bandwagon jumpers is in my eyes entirely independent of a game with Rovers.

I've been a right touchy little bastard for the last three days, I've just been for a long walk now to calm myself down as it goes. A strict non-drinking regime hasn't helped but I may have to have a day off tomorrow night. Although this game hasn't been consciously at the forfront of my mind I do now associate it to my anxiety, pre-match tension like I've not felt since I can remember.

The 8 year old boy who sat motionless with tears slowly trickling down his face second's after Christ Waddle blasted high and wide races to the surface with the derby like no other game, combine that with the days of utter guttedness following the aftermath of experiencing delirious Gasheads celebrating in their clubhouse terrace in 2000 - not to mention the day's in School following '95 then you'll understand why I take issue with anyone who say's this isn't important. (I was going to express my sentiment stronger earlier but wrote my thought's on the matter on Sunday and saw this one as more of a piss take out of the number of people who all told SAB he'd got the day wrong. Also, why do people not find the relevant thread to report their issue on?)

I'd rather not have to go through this derby but here we are and what with the chemistry between the Club's in this city being how it is; the pressure is firmly on us not to lose.

To go on, if anyone (probably naive female type) who suggest's that I need to grow up, I need to get some perspective or 'it's only a game' if, if ..... well, 'you know what' happen's then there really will be drama. I don't care how corporate, how commersialised, how bland or how 'family entertainment' orientated they've tried to make Football in the last 10 years - THIS MATTERS BIG.

Anyone who disagree's must be emotionally far removed from me.

I just pray to God we score early.

COME ON YOU REDS!

It's been good getting this shit out, accusations of over-sentimentality I refute, this is what I've been feeling.

You have summed it up brilliantly WTF.

Well you're the same as me mate - living in the dark side.

Give the dark side any excuse and they're absolute murder.

Those insignifact degenerare scum absolutely hate us and with good reason.

I personally only really hate them due to their 'Club' holding the city of Bristol back with their prolonged and stubborn wastage of positive energy. I wish they'd become extinct, I hypothetically wish that The Beautiful City only had the one Club. What the ##### is going on? We're ill respected by Club's from every other major city (minus Bradford) and it ain't right. And then there's the Gas Gay Pride down in Whorefield doing their destined loser's act. Just dissapear.

This is between me and you and the reason why we can not lose to them and a umm :ermm: 'result' for them is always the ultimate F - You!!

This is why the tie is important.

Forward Note:

This ain't going to be short and possibly a little emotional, but I'll try and make it as coherant, concise and civil as I can

Dorset....the League is considered to me as business, Rovers is personal, I'd go as far as saying almost spiritual. This is also a crap hypothetical dilema that I don't like to engage in - like 'they' say don't mix your professional and personal life. Even the potential possibility of half mill (? - or whatever) to the Club and a nice day out with big foam hands, hooters, face paint and 20,000 bandwagon jumpers is in my eyes entirely independent of a game with Rovers.

I've been a right touchy little bastard for the last three days, I've just been for a long walk now to calm myself down as it goes. A strict non-drinking regime hasn't helped but I may have to have a day off tomorrow night. Although this game hasn't been consciously at the forfront of my mind I do now associate it to my anxiety, pre-match tension like I've not felt since I can remember.

The 8 year old boy who sat motionless with tears slowly trickling down his face second's after Christ Waddle blasted high and wide races to the surface with the derby like no other game, combine that with the days of utter guttedness following the aftermath of experiencing delirious Gasheads celebrating in their clubhouse terrace in 2000 - not to mention the day's in School following '95 then you'll understand why I take issue with anyone who say's this isn't important. (I was going to express my sentiment stronger earlier but wrote my thought's on the matter on Sunday and saw this one as more of a piss take out of the number of people who all told SAB he'd got the day wrong. Also, why do people not find the relevant thread to report their issue on?)

I'd rather not have to go through this derby but here we are and what with the chemistry between the Club's in this city being how it is; the pressure is firmly on us not to lose.

To go on, if anyone (probably naive female type) who suggest's that I need to grow up, I need to get some perspective or 'it's only a game' if, if ..... well, 'you know what' happen's then there really will be drama. I don't care how corporate, how commersialised, how bland or how 'family entertainment' orientated they've tried to make Football in the last 10 years - THIS MATTERS BIG.

Anyone who disagree's must be emotionally far removed from me.

I just pray to God we score early.

COME ON YOU REDS!

It's been good getting this shit out, accusations of over-sentimentality I refute, this is what I've been feeling.

Superb post Tim....nearly ALL on here are showing the "passion" for this game, its a derby game against our biggest rivals and DOES mean to diehard City fans, everything!!!!!!

ALL my mates are up for it, going much earlier than normal to line thier stomach,s with the extra beer or three, and get right behind the boys from the kick off!!!!!!!!!

Come on City, come on City, Come on City......

if you cant get excited about project of beating rovers home and away, and then a game in front of 60,000 spectators with nothing to lose then think you're following wrong sport, son.

I think the whole point about following sport is that if there is "nothing to lose" (which is another way of saying nothing worth winning) it defeats the object. I have been to all our "so-called" big finals since the win against Bolton in 1986 and, apart from that particular one (which was unique in that it seemed to signal a landmark in the club's revival since 1982) I have not been able to find the enthusiasm that other fans do for these occassions.

The reason for this is that just playing in the competition reminds me that we are a vastly under-acheiving club but are prepared to risk injury and the inevitable distraction of a "Final day" which could well undermine our one and only aim, which is to get promotion.

I hear that Fox-hunting is another sport with "nothing to lose", unless of course you're the bloody fox!

Archived