IGNORED

Steve Philips

Cider_Army

No players care about their club, just the money they get each week, except when u serve ten years for a club, you don't do that unles syour happy. I think bare carey,brooks and murray most of our players wouldn't care if they played for forest green as long as they were on good money. Because they have a funny way of showing passion on the pitch.

Brian Tinnion? :disapointed2se:

Apologies just seen the ten years bit of your comment

No players care about their club, just the money they get each week, except when u serve ten years for a club, you don't do that unles syour happy. I think bare carey,brooks and murray most of our players wouldn't care if they played for forest green as long as they were on good money. Because they have a funny way of showing passion on the pitch.

and yet murray and carey both left for more money, before coming back

why don't you just let it go..its embarassing now,hes gone now,move on.

Would you let it go if one of your ex players was slagging off the club that paid his wages. He acted like a spoilt brat and what he said about the club after he left was appalling. As we sang to him when he got off the coach last night "Were's your rattle and your dummy" I used to really rate Philips but to slag the team off that gave him his chance and the fans who paid his wages you lot are welcome to him. Ooh and by the way we play better AWAY.

I've heard numerous stories about Phillips from some mates where he grew up/familly lives. The bloke is an aragont idiot. I'm glad he isn't playing for us anymore, not for the fact that he will always be inferior to Basso/Weale, but for his attitude. The blokes got no fight or will power in him at all. He took the easy option to play at a lower standard of football instead of gaining his place back.

We shouldn't want players with attitudes like that.

Would you let it go if one of your ex players was slagging off the club that paid his wages. He acted like a spoilt brat and what he said about the club after he left was appalling. As we sang to him when he got off the coach last night "Were's your rattle and your dummy" I used to really rate Philips but to slag the team off that gave him his chance and the fans who paid his wages you lot are welcome to him. Ooh and by the way we play better AWAY.

Soo!!! it's ok if so called FANS slagg the club off on this very public internet forum then? But ex-player's cant?.

Soo!!! it's ok if so called FANS slagg the club off on this very public internet forum then? But ex-player's cant?.

Hang on a bit Judgered there is a saying "PLAYERS come and PLAYEWRS go BUT THE FANS ARE HERE FOR EVER" SO yes I THINK the FANS have a right tto vent their fellings on this Forum.

Hang on a bit Judgered there is a saying "PLAYERS come and PLAYEWRS go BUT THE FANS ARE HERE FOR EVER" SO yes I THINK the FANS have a right tto vent their fellings on this Forum.

To be honest it wasn't so much what phillips said it was the fact that he joined our arch rivals why the fans hate him so much if he wouldn't of come out with those comments he would of still got slaughtered anyway

Oh what a disgrace, a player applauding his supporters.

Mesa, old bean, I wonder what the "Family Clubs" supporters will do, when he inevitibly throws his dummy out? and has a go at your fans. Hes been getting a strop wi City fans since the Wycombe away debacle what four seasons ago. He don't like being told the truth at fn all mate.

The t*** has been slagging City off since he had any competition at City, and decided to throw his strop.

I didn't spot the handshake incident last night, but it doesn't surprise me, and seems pretty much par for the course for Phillips.

When he was dropped last season (at Swindon) he refused to shake Basso's hand before the game (and that's when Basso was a team mate!), and in subsequent games he refused to have anything to do with the warm ups, and - especially at away games - his habit of just strolling up and down the touchline by himself and refusing to even acknowledge the presence of Basso and the other City players was just pathetic. I'd always been a fan of his up to that point, but he just lost all respect then

I've not always been convinced by GJs handling of players, but in this instance I think he got it spot on. It's quite clear that Phillips was anything but a team player, and was a disaster for dressing room morale - just an allround unpleasant character, in apparent contrast to Basso and many of the other players GJ has brought into the club.

Tell ya what boys, they are on a wind up, and boy are a load of us biting. Let them have their moment of glory. they will still be in League 2 next season. even if they win the Paint Pot. Its possible we will be two leagues above em. far more important in my opinion. and stuff sulky flapper too..........

Tell ya what boys, they are on a wind up, and boy are a load of us biting. Let them have their moment of glory. they will still be in League 2 next season. even if they win the Paint Pot. Its possible we will be two leagues above em. far more important in my opinion. and stuff sulky flapper too..........

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:worship2:

To be honest it wasn't so much what phillips said it was the fact that he joined our arch rivals why the fans hate him so much

Nah. Don't buy that. In my experience, most City fans still have a lot of time for Lee Matthews. I know that was only a loan, but surely you go where the football is.

There was a dummy hanging from a lamp post on north street this morning when I drove into work.

There be a Rovers shirt on this dummy and PHILLIPS name & number on the back of it.

it's all getting quite personal over on the rovers forum, one person in particular is claiming to be Steve Phillips brother, considering the stuff he's coming out with he may be telling the truth

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56756

from post 33 onwards

What does it say, I'm not regustered to the sags site.

Pretty inane stuff really. SP and GJ do not get on, personally I think SP made a good move going to the Gas as it saved uprooting his family, and they needed a decent keeper. The continued 'Yah Boo Sucks' sniping does nothing for either party, but fills space in the local rags. Time for all to move on......

Archived