IGNORED

If We Dont Go Up

BS3_RED

Before i start, i'd just like to say that i know that some will slag me off for posting this but I'm doing it anyway.

Right. I have never been a fan of Danny Wilson. I wanted Peter Taylor for the job but being a loyal fan of the club i reserved judgement and gave the bloke a chance.

However my reserving judgement has come to an end.

If we dont go up and i dont think we will i think its time for a change in manager.

Four season's is more than enough for a manager to have without any success.

We all know that tactically Wilson can struggle, just look at his substitutions.

He has had money to spend and spent it VERY poorly. You dont spend money on players that you do not play or play in the wrong position.

Wilson continually playing Peacock up front when we all know its not working.

I have had enough. Danny sort it out or in the summer go, its up to you.

Careful BS3, you'll have all the silver lining brigade on your back.

You know the junk? at least the gas lost!

QPR dropped points. That talk ######es me off no end, it's even more reason we should win.

What are the odds on City needing a result on the last game of the season to s####e a playoff place?

Congratulations to Danny Wilson, he has single handedly managed to knock every last drop of Bristol City matchday enjoyment and excitement out of me.

Before i start, i'd just like to say that i know that some will slag me off for posting this but I'm doing it anyway.

Right. I have never been a fan of Danny Wilson. I wanted Peter Taylor for the job but being a loyal fan of the club i reserved judgement and gave the bloke a chance.

However my reserving judgement has come to an end.

If we dont go up and i dont think we will i think its time for a change in manager.

We all know that tactically Wilson can struggle, just look at his substitutions.

He has had money to spend and spent it VERY poorly. You dont spend money on players that you do not play or play in the wrong position.

Wilson continually playing Peacock up front when we all know its not working.

I have had enough. Danny sort it out or in the summer go, its up to you.

Wilson cannot inspire passion in the players either. Something else we need just as bad as technical proficiency. We need someone other than our PA man to light a fire in the player's bellies, and keep it lit.

really dont wanna become part of the Wilson out brigade, think him and SL have done so much for the club...

And, the arguments that are being put forward arent rash ones - e.g: we have had a #### march, so Wilson out..

I 100& agree with Openend and the others, he has had a large amount of time and money to spend and its looking like we wont improve on last seasons 3rd place, which with the money we have spent must be looked at..

Why buy players for them to be on the bench?! or in positions they are not accustomed to?! We are not a Man U or Arsenal, we are a club that needs players that are better than the ones in there already and ones that want to play for the shirt week in week out - and sadly i can see 3 or 4 players in the team doing that.

In all honestly - who would have put on bell instead of Freezer? Not me for one, especially if had just bought him in the transfer window..

I'm not calling for Wilsons head, but if this is another season of dissapointment, i wont be surprised to see him leave..

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Yep. He's bought;

Roberts= Good at first but lazy and unpassionate.

Wilkshire= Good on his day but too weak.

Miller= Good prospect but we don't need prospects we need good players now.

Goodfellow= Very good for this division but a bit weak (dosn't get played)

Butler= Good defender but rubbish on the ball

Any others?

Someone on this strand said that Wilson has done a lot for the club.I would love to know what.We are no furhter forward than when he started.He has signed three players to replace Murray and the three combined fail to fill one of Murray's boots let alone two.When it gets down to the business end of the season every year he has been found wanting.When you look for inspiration /motivation / leadership he provides none.We cannot afford another wasted year next year if we fail to go up this season.And how can he be trusted with any more of the club's precious funds to waste on players not up to the mark.

I wanted Taylor or Mickey Adams meself, and I have seriously doubted this bloke since Wycombe away on New Years Day, where we gave up that run so ##*** easily, and this seasons "performances" have just finished me off. And now this 5 matches, no wins, little hope, little passion, little any ###### thing.

He can leave tomorrow as far as I'm concerned, I dont give a ##** what anyone says. Fresh faces might get us to the playoffs, and then what, relegation straight away, cos this lot AINT good enough for Division 1, are they. Ship the underperformers out too.........

Well i hav'nt been slated yet but I'm sure i will when the Wilson brigade get back from the pub. There memories of the game distorted by all the Stella they have drunk.

Anyway, I have been reading all the posts that have been posted tonight and i think the general feeling is that unless something special happens, we will be in the play-offs.

Now what would happen if we lost in the play-off final 1-0 or we were robbed or we lose on pens or whatever. Would we then look at this seson as a success or as a failure.

Would we then want to give wilson another season or would we say enough is enough.

Just a thought.

We one the L.D.V last year and just lost out to Baadif in the playoffs. We were still recovering from poor managers like Pulis when Danny took over. Our squad was rubbish and on too much money. If we had won today would you be criticising Danny?

If we dont go up

get rid of

peacock

bell

stowell

brown (m)

carey

amankwaah

tinman (if he cant help us get out of this league this year he will not next)

mathews

also

find a keeper who can catch crosses(ie oldhams keeper POGLIACOMI)

Give

brown (a)

burnell

new contracts

Give SHAUN TAYLOR the managers job

I know you will not agree with most of that but thats what i would do

Yes. If we had won 1 nil with that performance i would. Its not just about today, its about the 4 seasons that Danny has been manager. I do not see any improvement in the four years that danny has been our manager and if I'm honest i dont see any improvement from the three wise men.

The best football i have seen from a wilson side was i think two years ago, some of that football was awsome. Sadly i hav'nt seen much of it since.

Last season we threw promotion away and its starting to look like we will again. I'm being honest, i am worried that our season is about to fall apart yet again.

Also you mention the LDV. Its not exactly the FA cup is it and i never want to play in the cup again but it looks like we will, NEXT SEASON.

Also, We are not recovering from poor managers at all. If its taken wilson four years to recover from poor managers then he should'nt of been given the job in the first place.

Our squad was #### with a lot of journeymen, i would agree with that, however its not anymore. The #### players in the squad now are partly the ones that wilson has bought.

And yes again. If we had won i would still be criticising Danny.

By the way, how pints of Stella did you have?

If we dont go up

get rid of

peacock

bell

stowell

brown (m)

carey

amankwaah

tinman (if he cant help us get out of this league this year he will not next)

mathews

also

find a keeper who can catch crosses(ie oldhams keeper POGLIACOMI)

Give

brown (a)

burnell

new contracts

Give SHAUN TAYLOR the managers job

I know you will not agree with most of that but thats what i would do

Agree with some of that, except..

Peacock can still be a great player, definately at this level, just needs to get his form back.

Carey, who else are you going to play at right-back, especially if you get rid of

Amankwaah, who has been dreadfully unlucky with injuries, and if he gets his confidence and form back then will be a great player.

Tinman should be kept on for another year before sinking into coaching, he can still win us games with his pasing abilities.

Definately a keeper needed who can have the confidence to come out of his six yard box.

Guest comeonyoureds

if city dont go up this season then I'm worried that we will be stuck in division 2 for a few more years!

everything has been geared up for promotion for the last few seasons, but constant failure when it really matters means something has to change!

whoever will be in charge next season will have to start again from scratch! :dunno:

Carey, who else are you going to play at right-back, especially if you get rid of

Amankwaah, who has been dreadfully unlucky with injuries, and if he gets his confidence and form back then will be a great player.

BURNELL

I like defenders who can defend and dont mind if they get hurt doing so

Carey is ok going forward but is a big tart when it comes to going in where it hurts

BURNELL

I like defenders who can defend and dont mind if they get hurt doing so

Carey is ok going forward but is a big tart when it comes to going in where it hurts

Sorry, forgot about him. How come he hasn't been given a chance at right back? I still think we should keep Carey, if he's not as good as Burnell, he's a close second.

You know the junk? at least the gas lost!

QPR dropped points. That talk ######es me off no end, it's even more reason we should win.

What are the odds on City needing a result on the last game of the season to s####e a playoff place?

Congratulations to Danny Wilson, he has single handedly managed to knock every last drop of Bristol City matchday enjoyment and excitement out of me.

And #### like this really ######es me off!!

So none of this is down to the players? It's all DW's fault?

So he's the one who goes out there and kicks and heads the ball for 11 players is he?? If that's the case, then I agree with you, it's all DW's fault.

Any manager would have the same players and that being the case, he wouldn't be able to get out there and kick the ball for 11 players.

Danny is basically picking the same players that took us on our 11 match winning streak and now it's his fault that they have decided to under-perform.

All the players that are picked are more than capable of playing at this standard of football, it is up to them to prove it and that means showing the desire to get results against rubbish like Oldham, Wycombe and Stockport.

I agree things need to be shaken up a bit but the squad have not become rubbish with in the last 2 weeks.

No-one can be blamed for injuries and as for the loan signing(s), DW has stated that he is on the lookout for new player(s) but it's not as easy as finding someone who's not currently playing and then getting them to join a 2nd division team, if that were the case then Kanoute was only sub for Tottenham today, so let's go and get him....easy!!

Yep. He's bought;

Roberts= Good at first but lazy and unpassionate.

Wilkshire= Good on his day but too weak.

Miller= Good prospect but we don't need prospects we need good players now.

Goodfellow= Very good for this division but a bit weak (dosn't get played)

Butler= Good defender but rubbish on the ball

Any others?

er... to name afew,

matthews

lever

peacock

loan signings..

singh

summerbell

maddison

robinson

fagen

rodrigues

silva

+endless keepers and trialists.

i think most people will agree none of his signings have exactly set the world alight.

And #### like this really ######es me off!!

So none of this is down to the players? It's all DW's fault?

So he's the one who goes out there and kicks and heads the ball for 11 players is he?? If that's the case, then I agree with you, it's all DW's fault.

Any manager would have the same players and that being the case, he wouldn't be able to get out there and kick the ball for 11 players.

Danny is basically picking the same players that took us on our 11 match winning streak and now it's his fault that they have decided to under-perform.

All the players that are picked are more than capable of playing at this standard of football, it is up to them to prove it and that means showing the desire to get results against rubbish like Oldham, Wycombe and Stockport.

I agree things need to be shaken up a bit but the squad have not become rubbish with in the last 2 weeks.

No-one can be blamed for injuries and as for the loan signing(s), DW has stated that he is on the lookout for new player(s) but it's not as easy as finding someone who's not currently playing and then getting them to join a 2nd division team, if that were the case then Kanoute was only sub for Tottenham today, so let's go and get him....easy!!

You are talking as if this is a one off result against supposedly weaker opposition.

How many other #### results have we had under DW. Surely he is doing something wrong? or not doing something at all?

DW buys them.

DW picks them.

DW motivates them.

FOUR YEARS in the wilderness, so at this rate of 'progress' how long should we extend his current deal by?

The guy must think he has died and gone to heaven. He must think 'Just keep spinning the lines', lets get close but if we fall short again, they'll stick by me. After all I'm Danny Wilson, I'm a nice guy.

So yes the buck stops with DW. He is in comfort zone and I think his laid back attitude has rubbed off onto the squad.

You are talking as if this is a one off result against supposedly weaker opposition.

How many other #### results have we had under DW. Surely he is doing something wrong? or not doing something at all?

DW buys them.

DW picks them.

DW motivates them.

FOUR YEARS in the wilderness, so at this rate of 'progress' how long should we extend his current deal by?

The guy must think he has died and gone to heaven. He must think 'Just keep spinning the lines', lets get close but if we fall short again, they'll stick by me. After all I'm Danny Wilson, I'm a nice guy.

So yes the buck stops with DW. He is in comfort zone and I think his laid back attitude has rubbed off onto the squad.

There's no need to extend his current deal at this moment in time, didn't he sign a 3 year contract in the summer? :ph34r:

Everyone has #### results (apart from Arsenal by the looks of it), even Rovers have beaten teams this season :dunno:

I agree that the buck should stop at DW but at the moment, things aren't that bad, we are still in with a cracking shout of getting out of this hell whole.

i think most people will agree none of his signings have exactly set the world alight.

Actually not sure they would - Miller, Peacock, Wilkshire, Butler, Goodfellow all had good games for us and scored some crucial goals for us in last couple of season - ahh fans have such short memories :dunno:

I'm not slagging wilkshire,miller,goodfellow,ithink they are decent players,but they havent set the world alight have they? but, in my opinion most of the others hace been pretty useless,especialy when you consider transfer fees and wages. £600 000 on peacock is a joke,especialy now that hel go for a free in the summer

If We Dont Go Up, What do we do

We fans whinge, moan and complain, then we turn up in August and cheer City on and follow them all round the country again.

What the players, management and board do; now you're asking!

Archived