IGNORED

Trouble?

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Was just on the phone to people near teh ground and apparently all the City fans and buses etc are being kept in the car park because of trouble outside on Muller Road. Anyoen know of this or anythign else as I'm quite worried, and so are they because they haven't been told anythign else and organistaion seems to be a shambles.

Bucks I really hope you are joking, but I'm kinda guessing from what I know about you that you aren't.

Had a text from someone there. Aint heard anymore, other than they have left the ground. Seems to be over now. Heard nowt else. Sags tried to get at ours at the end of the game anyway. not the other way round

Bucks I really hope you are joking, but I'm kinda guessing from what I know about you that you aren't.

just got back from game. not tear gas, but pepper spray. kept behind in the car park by the old bill for ages, buses and all other fans. Pitch invasion by the gas where they tried to wind up and get to the city fans, you can guess what happened next.... city fans tried to get to them. Police dogs, horses and riot gear on the pitch. Terrible policing, even some gashead coppers who were winding the city fans up - no joke. Never seen so many police and police vans in my life.

Police were baton-happy and even hit a lot of random people - and one of them was the gashead who was laughing and smiling after he was doing it. I was not involved in any of this, but saw it all (and got a bad throught from peper spray).

I am ashamed to be a Bristolian !

just got back from game. not tear gas, but pepper spray. kept behind in the car park by the old bill for ages, buses and all other fans. Pitch invasion by the gas where they tried to wind up the city fans, you can guess what happened next.... city fans tried to get to them. Police dogs, horses and riot gear on the pitch. Terrible policing, even some gashead coppers who were winding the city fans up - no joke. Never seen so many police and police vans in my life.

Police were baton-happy and even hit a lot of random people - and one of them was the gashead who was laughing and smiling after he was doing it. I was not involved in any of this, but saw it all (and got a bad throught from peper spray).

Oh, on a lighter note - I saw a police horse do a huge dump in the middle of the pitch :chant6ez:

Just got back, the policing was shambolic. I saw atleast 5 lads with there head's cut open from taking a whack from a police baton. One of the coppers mindlessy sprayed gas at innocent city fans, including women and children. And then the 2000 odd Rovers fans ran on the pitch, took them 5 minutes to do anything. Blair's Britain. And then listening to the radio on the way back, is there any news on the trouble, obviously not, it was at the Rovers.

Did anyone get the details of the sag copper, eg number etc.... Suggest that if anyone did and there are enough witnesses you take this further.

when they went in on those guys trying to leave the xxxx stand 5 mins early, they hit anyone in a 10 meter radius - even people who had nothing to do with it, women as you say. One of those guys was a ######, smiling and goading city fans after he did it (from behind a fense). Shameful.

complete disgrace, police over-reaction sparked the whole thing there were gasheads 30 feet away from the city saying c'mon city and trying to get at us police were only worrid about city kicking off, police were very very baton happy and were teling city fans to **** off. stewards were egging on city and in 1 case wanted to fight the city - no joke! all trouble spilled onto muller road were bricks were thrown and police charged at crowds, but the worse thing is how city were beat by that pile of crap all in all a bad night for city

complete disgrace, police over-reaction sparked the whole thing there were gasheads 30 feet away from the city saying c'mon city and trying to get at us police were only worrid about city kicking off, police were very very baton happy and were teling city fans to **** off. stewards were egging on city and in 1 case wanted to fight the city - no joke! all trouble spilled onto muller road were bricks were thrown and police charged at crowds, but the worse thing is how city were beat by that pile of crap all in all a bad night for city

I think we should all complain about the police, it was terrible and inciting. I am sure this story will grow and more people will post. Should we approach city about it or complain direct etc?

Policeman at the front.. of terrace hitting people mindlesly and told city fans to **** off, heard it. It all started because of the rovers fans sneaked round the back of Temporary stand and then rioted. Small children were in middle too!!!

To top it off a policeman sed to me when we were walking down mullar road, "Your a little quiet" I was like WTF!!!

On to the game, the tactic was bang it up to brooker we, never put pressure on in last 5, disgrace!

Policeman at the front.. of terrace hitting people mindlesly and told city fans to **** off, heard it. It all started because of the rovers fans sneaked round the back of Temporary stand and then rioted. Small children were in middle too!!!

To top it off a policeman sed to me when we were walking down mullar road, "Your a little quiet" I was like WTF!!!

On to the game, the tactic was bang it up to brooker we, never put pressure on in last 5, disgrace!

I think it started because they would not let city fans out before the end, so they hit down a fence (in between terrace and XXXX stand) and the police went mad and hit every man, woman and child in site!

saw plenty of children in the toilets (wasnt even perving :laugh:) all washing pepper spray off crying. Everyone must of got the fat bald stewards number he had 103 on his coat and was really trying to egg the city fans on wasnt he. guarantee nothing gets mentioned as its rovers

The police were only baton happy and spraying pepper spray because people were confronting them. Anybody who wanted to could have walked away from the whole situation. In my mind it was not a complete over-reaction from the police because there was no actual clashing in the ground between City and Rovers, they didn't get closer than about 40metres. Had there not been all the police doing what they did then there would have been an awful lot more trouble.

As for all the people behind the XXXX stand I don't know if they were city or gas but it was pretty obvious that they were looking for trouble so they have no arguments for how the police treated them.

It is a lot easier to keep all of the rovers away from the city end, and stopping city geting out of their end to the rovers than preventing rovers geting onto the pitch, as soon as anyone got onto the pitch then the police horses were straight over there and kept all the rovers fans away, but there were still a lot of city that wanted to get onto the pitch as well.

The police were only baton happy and spraying pepper spray because people were confronting them. Anybody who wanted to could have walked away from the whole situation. In my mind it was not a complete over-reaction from the police because there was no actual clashing in the ground between City and Rovers, they didn't get closer than about 40metres. Had there not been all the police doing what they did then there would have been an awful lot more trouble.

As for all the people behind the XXXX stand I don't know if they were city or gas but it was pretty obvious that they were looking for trouble so they have no arguments for how the police treated them.

It is a lot easier to keep all of the rovers away from the city end, and stopping city geting out of their end to the rovers than preventing rovers geting onto the pitch, as soon as anyone got onto the pitch then the police horses were straight over there and kept all the rovers fans away, but there were still a lot of city that wanted to get onto the pitch as well.

I don't mind that you're a copper mate and that you need to defend your colleagues, but after reading this thread some of your comments are completely mindless and to be fair i don't think you have idea of the gross incompetance that engulfs our boys in blue the moment they get put on football duty.

Stop trying to wind people up with your ridiculous replies.

also how do you know there was rioting on muller road and bricks being thrown? We were all locked in and I personally didnt see anything when I walked down muller road after we were let out

I was at the front enjoying (!) a close encounter with the Police Line. I asked several times for reasons for the mass delay in letting us go. The answer came back that there were 3 or 4 groups of Gas with bottles and bricks in the area waiting to "ambush" us. The police were keeping us there for our safety while they cleared these muppets away.

I was also close enough to hear some of the radio/phone links and heard 2 or 3 reports of skirmishing (nice word) and after we were let out I was getting in my car by a cop van and heard another message about a group of City Fans heading towards an area that Gas Fans had been dispersed to. So something was happening.

That said the Gas and their fans should be rightly slated for what happened. In the "evil" Western Daily Press today it ends with mentioning a small pitch invasion which ended the game on a "sour note" - imgaine if that was us (they even have Yeovil on the back page again down here in Somerset)!!

• Admin

I'd like to argue that they couldn't, there was a crush at the front of the stand, a group of young fans had left and gone down the little gangway between the stand and the food hut, as soon as the whistle went many of us were making our way out (no announcement of us being kept back), the sags running onto the pitch brought our 'yoof' rushing back up the gangway which caused a crush at the front of the stand.

The emergency exits at the back of the stand area were locked - please explain to me, how any innocents caught up in this could have walked away.

I'd like to argue that they couldn't, there was a crush at the front of the stand, a group of young fans had left and gone down the little gangway between the stand and the food hut, as soon as the whistle went many of us were making our way out (no announcement of us being kept back), the sags running onto the pitch brought our 'yoof' rushing back up the gangway which caused a crush at the front of the stand.

The emergency exits at the back of the stand area were locked - please explain to me, how any innocents caught up in this could have walked away.

Which stand are you talking about? I was in the terrace and could see clear space behind the area where the spray had been let off, yet despite the warnings of leting off the spray people were still standing in the area. If I hear a policeman warning that he is about to spray CS gas then my natural response is to get away from that area. And also I would be looking at the idiots who provked the Police into spraying the said CS gas.

I don't mind that you're a copper mate and that you need to defend your colleagues, but after reading this thread some of your comments are completely mindless and to be fair i don't think you have idea of the gross incompetance that engulfs our boys in blue the moment they get put on football duty.

Stop trying to wind people up with your ridiculous replies.

Ra ra ra.

I'm not a copper.

But talk about gross incompetence within the police and then have a little think about how bad football violence was about 15 years ago, then have a think about all the positive work that the police have done in that period. Then try to tell me that football isnt far safer now than it was 15 years ago, thanks mostly to the work of the Police. Then tell me if the police had policed the game the same as it would have done 15 years ago, compared to how it was done Tuesday that there wouldn't have been massive amounts of trouble far beyond the trouble that there was tuesday night.

I think you are just too naive and Narrow minded to see what a difficult job the police have.

Instead why don't people permanently criticise the police for enforcing Law and Order and trying to ensure peoples safety.

I think you are just too naive and Narrow minded to see what a difficult job the police have.

The Police in this country are amongst the most corrupt in Western Europe. Their toff/snob puppet master lawyers in the Crown Prosecution Service definately are the most corrupt and class based in Western Europe. The Police that batoned and then sprayed our supporters with chemical weapons should be punished with imprisonment and their actions not condoned by you. Their supreme Kommandant - Queen Elizabeth II AKA Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - should also be made to apologise for the actions of her hopelessly corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police.

Royalist Gestapo Police seen here batoning Trades Unionists............

police_hitting_miners.jpg

just got back from game. not tear gas, but pepper spray. kept behind in the car park by the old bill for ages, buses and all other fans. Pitch invasion by the gas where they tried to wind up and get to the city fans, you can guess what happened next.... city fans tried to get to them. Police dogs, horses and riot gear on the pitch. Terrible policing, even some gashead coppers who were winding the city fans up - no joke. Never seen so many police and police vans in my life.

I had the exact same experience! You need to contact the EP as they are very interested in hearing these stories!

saw plenty of children in the toilets (wasnt even perving :laugh:) all washing pepper spray off crying. Everyone must of got the fat bald stewards number he had 103 on his coat and was really trying to egg the city fans on wasnt he. guarantee nothing gets mentioned as its rovers

You say that but the city stewards I spoke to after the game who were concerned with my condition as I got the spray in my face told me they would be reporting 103 and he would get the sack!

The Police in this country are amongst the most corrupt in Western Europe. Their toff/snob puppet master lawyers in the Crown Prosecution Service definately are the most corrupt and class based in Western Europe. The Police that batoned and then sprayed our supporters with chemical weapons should be punished with imprisonment and their actions not condoned by you. Their supreme Kommandant - Queen Elizabeth II AKA Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - should also be made to apologise for the actions of her hopelessly corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police.

Royalist Gestapo Police seen here batoning Trades Unionists............

You talk some rubbish.

The Gestapo and the british police force are like chalk and cheese. using sensationalism on some people may work but ultimately that is an idiotic statement.

Archived