IGNORED

Picture of Rovers fans on the pitch

WayOutWest

Not sure of the exact details of this but....

A good friend of mine (Yeovil Fan) was caught by one of the daily papers (the mirror I think) with his arms around David Beckham, celebrating a goal during the Turkey game in Sunderland a few years back. A few fans ran on the pitch, nothing serious and nothing happend to him on the night.

However, he was spotted by a local reporter after his picture appeared on the back pages and his name forwarded to Yeovil police, who arrested him I guess. What bad luck!! He had to appear at Sunderland magistrates court. He was charged with entering the field of play, which these days carries possible imprisonment, a heavy fine and a ban.

I am not sure of the outcome of all this as we lost touch when I immigrated.

Now there is a clear comparison here. Taken from the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/image...allery.shtml?13 you can clearly see two men on the pitch.

Should they not recieve the same treatment?

England obvioulsy higher profile, but the law is the law.

What do you think

A good friend of mine (Yeovil Fan) was caught by one of the daily papers (the mirror I think) with his arms around David Beckham, celebrating a goal during the Turkey game in Sunderland a few years back. A few fans ran on the pitch, nothing serious and nothing happend to him on the night.

However, he was spotted by a local reporter after his picture appeared on the back pages and his name forwarded to Yeovil police, who arrested him I guess. What bad luck!! He had to appear at Sunderland magistrates court. He was charged with entering the field of play, which these days carries possible imprisonment, a heavy fine and a ban.

Now there is a clear comparison here. Taken from the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/image...allery.shtml?13 you can clearly see two men on the pitch.

What do you think

I think the law is an ass and so nothing should happen to them whatsoever.

I've kept fairly quiet on the rovers game and the bickering that has ensued since, as truth be told i'm not overly bothered and to be fair, watching the complete over-reaction on the part of the gas has really nade me smile as it proves how dire they've had it for the past seven years. I seem to remeber when we lost to Cambridge, it was a bit embarrasing, but nobody really gave a sh!t.

Hoever that said, these two are without doubt the most inbred couple of freaks i've ever seen!!!

Good god, has the stock of humanity really sunk that low in certain parts of Bristol? I'd be ashamed to support Rovers if they were classed as fellow fans.

What a disgrace to all things human (and to be fair animal!)

What do you think

I too have seen this photo. I saw this wednesday morning.

Is it not 3 people of the pitch that shouldnt be? The 2 fans and someone, if I'm very much mistaken, who looks the double of Steve Phillips? What is he doing on a football pitch?!

What do you think

can u set this up as a caption should be quite funny!

Archived