IGNORED

shirt sales...

apologies if this has been discussed already, but as city are having a sale on their shirts for the remainder of the season, anyone think this is a sign that we will have a new kit next season?

if so, i will be narked right off!!! i havent bought a city shirt for myself since my boy was born but make sure i always get him one (paying for two is a bit out my budget!!!), and i wont be impressed if i have to buy yet another shirt for next season. when shirt deals are signed, it should be agreed that the players will where the kit for a minimum of 2 seasons so fans get their monies worth.

having said that, by reducing the prices of the shirts, it could be a genuine way of the club giving something back to the fans (especially after tuesday) and the players will be wearing the same kit next season...

what do you think?

apologies if this has been discussed already, but as city are having a sale on their shirts for the remainder of the season, anyone think this is a sign that we will have a new kit next season?

if so, i will be narked right off!!! i havent bought a city shirt for myself since my boy was born but make sure i always get him one (paying for two is a bit out my budget!!!), and i wont be impressed if i have to buy yet another shirt for next season. when shirt deals are signed, it should be agreed that the players will where the kit for a minimum of 2 seasons so fans get their monies worth.

having said that, by reducing the prices of the shirts, it could be a genuine way of the club giving something back to the fans (especially after tuesday) and the players will be wearing the same kit next season...

what do you think?

Wasn't the sponsorship deal with BTC due to end this season? All clubs look for new sponsorship - its a great source of income without much outlay.

City will almost certainly have a new shirt sponsor next season especially if we get promoted which would mean a bigger deal with greater TV exposure and so on.

I never thought I'd think this but I actually like a change of shirt each year!

The reason is although £40 each is a lot of money my kids get good wear out of their shirts, if they only wear it 10 times that's only £4 a time, and they wear them loads more than that! By the end of the season it looks a bit thread-pulled and I'm happy to start a new season with a fresh shirt. Also some designs are better than others, imagine being lumbered with a rubbish design for 2 years, that's a long time!

I must admit I don't often buy both the home and away ones at the start of the year but wait until the sale to buy instead, and the club usually gets more money out of me than I would have spent anyway!

:sun:

It's as old as football this debate.

It happens, Prem teams can afford to do it every two seasons but for clubs in lower leagues it's a great source of revenue. I look forward to new kits coming out and don't mind paying up if they aren't made by TFG :fingerscrossed:

This season's was the best quality we've had for years, if next season is Puma or another decent make I will be buying :Believe:

Ah talking of shirts.

Mine went really funny I still don't know what happend to it but I think something chemical got on it as the white strip went grey, the shirt was blotchy and really heavy, I'm not joking serious it was heavy and harsh to handle, so have hardly worn it all season.

Anyway got my mum to finally put it in some bleach stuff and it comes out all nice and shiney and light to wear as well and finally I can now wear my City shirt again. God knows what happend to it though but when I was ringing it loads of grey stuff was coming out and I could feel the shirt getting softer, its like something was stuck in it I'm still not sure but never mind.

Anyway thought I would give it a test run today dint get to much stick haha except for a few school kids who we passed and a man in KFC who to be fair was mouthy behind the back bit where I couldnt see him but wouldnt come round and say anything to my face not that I could have done anything anyway being your average skinny 18 year old. :P

When was the last time we ever had the same shirt two years running?! It doesn't happen anymore.

Whether it's the badge, the manufacturers, the year, the sponsors, something always changes. Nobody questions it anymore, it happens. Even the club expect it.

To be honest, if they were half the price they are at the moment, I wouldn't really be bothered. £20 for a shirt every year's ok. But £40?! Still, we all buy into it and purchase them come August.

what do you think?

How long have you supported City? I really can't think of the last time we kept our home shirt for two consecutive seasons.

I also feel it is vital a club of our size changes shirts each season because of the revenue it generates.

The price of the shirt though is about the only thing at the club that hasnt chaged price in over a decade, as been £40 a shirt each for about 12 years now at least. I remember in a gatepost from a few years back saying the shirt prices had been frozen for a 9th stragiht season.

One thing though with changing shirts is that they change them alternatively 1 each season rather than both together, you would still get same shirt sales of one each season and still sell some of the older one still at full price for the 2nd season when your first one has fallen apart.

The price of the shirt though is about the only thing at the club that hasnt chaged price in over a decade, as been £40 a shirt each for about 12 years now at least. I remember in a gatepost from a few years back saying the shirt prices had been frozen for a 9th stragiht season.

One thing though with changing shirts is that they change them alternatively 1 each season rather than both together, you would still get same shirt sales of one each season and still sell some of the older one still at full price for the 2nd season when your first one has fallen apart.

Or you could like they do bring out a new home and away kit each season and make double the money.

Or you could like they do bring out a new home and away kit each season and make double the money.

But then not everybody buys both each season though, i only get one. i only got 3 shirts last seasons cos of the 2 for a tenner at end of season and ended up with 1 home and 2 away.

Archived