IGNORED

Very controversial

I for one would not be happy if all Rovers fans on the pitch were banned for life. This may be an old school opinion but i don't see anything wrong with running on the pitch to celebrate with players other fans etc after you won an important cup tie (to them at least), won promotion, the play-offs etc. By all means ban people intent on causing trouble, trying to get at away fans etc. but just celebrating? Get real.

I know what the law is, but i for one think the law is ridiculous.

I love running on the pitch at the end of the season and see no harm in it what so ever. I despise the club when they start putting over tanoy announcements saying 'please stay off the pitch'. Why?

The main issue here is probably the sad overall state in which football has fallen into. Going to watch football these days is appalling and i weep for younger fans you have no idea just how spine tingleing and hair raising Saturday at your local football club was.

Anyway, don't bother banning them all, what's the point there just fans doing what we would've done in happier times!!

I for one would not be happy if all Rovers fans on the pitch were banned for life. This may be an old school opinion but i don't see anything wrong with running on the pitch to celebrate with players other fans etc after you won an important cup tie (to them at least), won promotion, the play-offs etc. By all means ban people intent on causing trouble, trying to get at away fans etc. but just celebrating? Get real.

I love running on the pitch at the end of the season and see no harm in it what so ever. I despise the club when they start putting over tanoy announcements saying 'please stay off the pitch'. Why?

The main issue here is probably the sad overall state in which football has fallen into. Going to watch football these days is appalling and i weep for younger fans you have no idea just how spine tingleing and hair raising Saturday at your local football club was.

Anyway, don't bother banning them all, what's the point there just fans doing what we would've done in happier times!!

Like most things in life, its the minority that affect us all.

PDG

thanks for those words mate

The Gas were marginally the least poor Bristol football side over the two legs of the Paint Pot Trophy area final. No way should any Gas be banned for life for celebrating such dross football. :icecream:

The law is, indeed, ridiculous in this country and is administered by a corrupt clique of toffs and snobs who bear their allegience to a German descended imposter Queen and not to us the people. We are the people !!!!!!! They are the scum !!!!!! Scum diddle de dum dum scum scum. :rofl2br:

It was a ridiculous statement for Rovers to make - how would they seriously ban hundreds of their own fans for celebrating?

Maybe if CCTV identified the small number who came towards the City fans and gestured then they should be dealt with, but the majority of the Gas just wanted to celebrate......just as we did when we beat Hartlepool in the play offs, as I recall the pitch at AG was completely covered with joyous fans - must have been thousands on the pitch that night.

CodeRed

I tend to agree EXCEPT for the ones that came right up to us goading us fans. They were inciting trouble and therefore should be banned. I heard there were kids on the pitch that were banned from the stadium after the incident with the Macclesfield fans last season. IF that is so how are they getting into the ground again? They did the same at Swindon too from what Ive read. They are letting down their real supporters. Really sad.

Firstly I am all for good natured pitch invasions and City had classic under-reported ones against both PNE after they had beat us and got promoted and after we had beat Hartlepool in the play offs.Funny how they weren't reported in such depth.

On both occassions City Fans marched the length of the field and appluaded the away fans-Brilliant.

Tuesdays nights was very different with the vast majority of those who ran on from the Rovers end intent on making a beeline to a safe point (They would never get close enough to engage in anything other than goading even if the police hadn't have been there in numbers) and goading the City fans in both areas of the stadium.

Those who did should be banned by the Gas as should the pleb that opened the gate and allowed then to spill onto the field-Why were the Police surrounding the City fans in close proximity and no where to be seen around the Rovers areas?

City fans who ran on the pitch all those years ago and didn't actually attack anyone were banned for life-You can't have one rule for one and one rule for another and the provocation from the Rovers Fans could have caused a major incident had the vast majority-95% of City Fans response not been so restrained.

Firstly I am all for good natured pitch invasions and City had classic under-reported ones against both PNE after they had beat us and got promoted and after we had beat Hartlepool in the play offs.Funny how they weren't reported in such depth.

On both occassions City Fans marched the length of the field and appluaded the away fans-Brilliant.

If i remember rightly the Hartlepool fans said they were goaded by a number of City fans that night.

I will admit that I was on the pitch after the Hartlepool game a couple of years ago.

I know of many forum users from here who were also there.

To start crying foul and demanding every single Rovers supporter who was on the pitch should be banned is ridiculous in my opinion. Yes, it's against the law. Yes, the clubs say it is out of order. But the majority of the fans would have done it in a good natured fashion - exactly as we did in the play-off semi-final.

Sure, things could have kicked off, but I very much doubt the majority thought that at the time - just think, if some Hartlepool fans took offence to our invasion they could have kicked off. But since we were overjoyed at the time, it was hardly high on our list of priorities, was it?

Any fan who entered the field of play to cause trouble - and I think that it would be blindingly obvious who they are - should be banned. Anyone who went on to celebrate a rare derby victory should just be left to enjoy the moment, as bitter as it was for us at the time... and as bitter as it was for Hartlepool fans a couple of years ago.

Lets have some perspective.

Totally agree. I was on the pitch after the play-off win against Hartlepool. Magic.

I don't know how they could afford to loose the revenue of 100 fans! Not exactly selling out every week are they!

All clubs take a dim view of fans invading the pitch.Not only is it dangerous with fans milling all over the place its also puts the host club at risk of being fined by the FA.

Banning fans for life is all very well but how do the clubs police it? There are any number of ways in which tickets can be bought and short of having a mug shot of the offender at every turnstyle banned fans can get in to any ground.

Totally agree. I was on the pitch after the play-off win against Hartlepool. Magic.

I was on the pitch as well. :shifty: I forgot to pull my left trouser leg up to my knee though in defiance of the Queen's law, :tongue: unlike the lad below.............

polltax1gt1.jpg

like ive said ,should we all be banned after hartlypool

like ive said ,should we all be banned after hartlypool

No.

Were the Hartlepool fans sprayed with CS spray though?

There was a definate element of Scum who were on the pitch after 'it', same as our's were's in 96' - was it splashed all over the local media? Has their phoney 'Family Club' bullshit image been at last finally shattered? I do hope so.

Archived