IGNORED

Bogey Grounds

City Scout

I'm going to Chesterfield on wednesday night.

Been there 5 times before, seen us lose 3 times, draw twice, & watched Tinnion, Aaron Brown, Butler, & Jamie Smith all get sent off there.

Plus last seasons match where some of the City fans had a go at Gary Johnson.

Throw in the fact that its a dump of a ground with an open air toilet, & I have to say that this is definatley my bogey ground, but I think this is the season where I finally see us win there.

Whats everybody elses bogey ground, & do you agree we will win there at long last???

Been there 5 times before, seen us lose 3 times, draw twice, & watched Tinnion, Aaron Brown, Butler, & Jamie Smith all get sent off there.

Throw in the fact that its a dump of a ground with an open air toilet, & I have to say that this is definatley my bogey ground, but I think this is the season where I finally see us win there.

Whats everybody elses bogey ground, & do you agree we will win there at long last???

We won there 1.0 not that long ago.

Guest North Street
Well i've been there the last 5 seasons & we've not done it, so I will be very very happy if we win 1-0 up there.

I'm surprised the ground hasnt been closed down its so poor!!!!!

Saltergate is not much worse or better than the memorial.

I wouldn't be so hard on them as they have plans to move to a new stadium which has involved heavily the local community & support in the process.

I have a soft spot for Saltergate, crumbling weed-strewn terracing and all. I love old traditional grounds which smack of generations of history and atmosphere, and while I accept the need to move on and for clubs to upgrade to new, identikit stadia - and that it's crucial for City to get up to the higher divisions - I admit one thing I will miss if/when we get into the Championship is the old grounds like Saltergate that have their own character.

I'm with Red_Top I like the place immensely. I like terraces (I'd prefer it if it had a roof) but hey ho. Even if it is persisting down I shall stand on that Terrace ala York and enjoy the match.

It is a bit of a bogey ground, as Blackpool was but we overcame that one so........... Perhaps it is more down to the players attitude, shit ground, no fans etc etc. Well they have to battle for the right to play at Upton Park etc etc next season.

used to be brentford but we seem to of sorted ourselves out there recently lets hope we can do the same wednesday

Bogey grounds tend to come & go. In the 60s we nearly always lost at Cardiff, since the 70s we won there regularly in the League. We ALWAYS lost at Northamoton and Hartlepool. Last two visits to H'pool and three trips to the Cobblers have been City wins.

Last four visits to Scunny, Posh and Wrexham were City wins, now this season (when it matters) City lost at Scunny.

Notts County is a bad ground for me. Never seen us even come close to getting a point there. Seem to remember us getting a 4-4 draw there a few years ago. Needless to say I missed that one.

On the other hand, I've seen a few comfortable wins at the New Den, so fingers crossed that'll continue at the end of this season when we could have a promotion decider there.

won twice when ive been therem 2-0 ivan scored a belter and 1-0 in the cup, thorpe scored.

i have also seen a ginger linesmen cost us promotion there, mcfarlane is a cheat with is mini pitch invasions when one of theres gets a tackle.

That was the 2003 one when Mr Williamson sent off Brown and Butler. Just wait till you see who our ref is Wednesday night :whistle2:

What a fantastic bloke, Shame about the injury.

very nice bloke met his wife and children once at work. Went back to his homeland of Moldova. He was playing in Korea at one point with Paul Cooke whos now at Shrewsbury. That goal was a hell of a goal at Chesterfield.

How many city fans do you think will make the trek??

I'll hopefully be going if my dad finishes work earlier enough to get there for the 7.30ko. as takes about 2 hours from Huntingdon to Chesterfield.

(If we manage to win there on Tuesday night, ill actually start believing this is our year!)

Yes ,if we win on TUESDAY night, I'll believe anything is possible!

But its Wednesday night mate.

its WEDNESDAY mate thats W E D N E S D A Y hope uve not got half day tuesday !!

:whistle2:

Archived