IGNORED

Well Done All

Bristol Boy

Northampton was always going to be a test after the game against the Rovers for fans and players alike.

Given the cirumstances, recent away followings and three home games out of our next four, 12,000 wasn't bad at all.

Their current away form wasn't great, however, over the season, they had top class away form and only their early season inability to win at home had kept them in trouble.

Without three of our "first picks" in McAllister, Murray & Showunmi, it was always going to be tougher still and any injury to a midfielder would have seen a formation change as Russell was also missing.

Despite that, although I wasn't there, it seems that our performance was better than the 1-0 score line suggests although, from every account I've read and heard our substitutions changed the formation and we could have thrown it away.

Our resons for optimism are:

We are ten points clear of seventh placed Swansea with two games in hand.

We have two games in hand on all of the top ten apart from Blackpool (0) Doncaster (1) and Forest (1)

We only have to play two of the top ten away & three at home.

Our form over the last seven games:

P7 W4 D1 L2 F8 A3

shows great defensive organisation and our last three league games have produced three wins, two away wins, four goals scored and none conceded.Without doubt though, we must start to score more and we need a big win.

The players that did not make the squad on Sat, trained on Sat morning and will almost all be fit on Weds with only Murray looking like being a longer absentee and the arrival of Betsy & Wilson plus GJ's consideration of 3-5-2 as viable, means that isn't the disaster it would have been earlier in the season.

A win on Weds will take us second and two points clear.A draw will see us second on GD.

No family business on Weds, so I'll see you there.

Archived