IGNORED

Free coaches to Millwall

shepton red

With the Milwall game being our last away fixture of the season and potentially an extremely important game, I thought I would lay the first seed of thought to get free transport. Would be a cracking place to gain promotion.

Yes I know I am getting ahead of myself, but to go there and have to win....we would take masses. :fingerscrossed:

He didnt to Barnsley a few seasons ago..

We took thousands there!

Perhaps he might this year as its a tad closer.

That was a cracking day out. Without taking the **** I really do think the Club should make this gesture, it would be a bit of a thank you for putting up with 3rd div football for so long. Additionally, I would imagine the OB would prefer us to travel in organised coaches than on our own steam, something for you to ponder upon Mr L.

Would be a fantastic gesture by Mr Lansdown to lay on free coach's or atleast discounted because to lay on free coach's for 4,000 fans is a lot of money, plus it would be easier for the police to handle, although I'm planning to go by train free/discounted coach's would be more than tempting!

yeah, don't we just encourage the thugish element of fans to go to the game to cause trouble.

money can be used elsewhere within the club,

if fans CARE enough about going to support the boys they will do it, with or without such gestures

Armoured cars more like

I'm not sure I fancy a kicking from Bermondsey's finest either. So for me it's a toss up between a WWII German King Tiger or a WWII Soviet Union Stalin tank for my trip to East London..... :kiddie: ......

The Josef Stalin tank?...

03367.jpg

Or Adolf Hitler's King Tiger?....

tiger2_oprava.jpg

I'm not sure I fancy a kicking from Bermondsey's finest either. So for me it's a toss up between a WWII German King Tiger or a WWII Soviet Union Stalin tank for my trip to East London..... :kiddie: ......

The Josef Stalin tank?...

03367.jpg

Or Adolf Hitler's King Tiger?....

tiger2_oprava.jpg

If the weather is not cold it has to be the Tiger, even Monty was impressed by it's speed and destructive ability even in the desert.

Stalins tanks (like most of their motor vehicles) was built for the Russian winter but with little else to recommend it.

If the weather is not cold it has to be the Tiger, even Monty was impressed by it's speed and destructive ability even in the desert.

Stalins tanks (like most of their motor vehicles) was built for the Russian winter but with little else to recommend it.

Tigers were knocking out Shermans at a rate of 7.1 in Western Europe. I would fancy my chances if one was driven to Bermondsey.

That's if it could make it there. While German tanks were possibly the best of all forces, they were also prone to breakdown and were hard to fix given their complex engineering.

I'd opt for a fleet of B17,s and a para drop!

Not the ideal location for a promotion party by any means. Just imagine the chaos if we clinched promotion at the New Den.

Of all the places in the world....

How people can come on 'ere talking about promotion and promotion parties, when only last week we were being hammered 1-0 by our fiercest, yes fiercest rivals in a meaningless competition and i'm sure i speak for many true fans and..er.... day out in Card.......500,000 grand...........err...foam hands.........err....bottlers......errr.....(cont p.94)...etc.

How people can come on 'ere talking about promotion and promotion parties, when only last week we were being hammered 1-0 by our fiercest, yes fiercest rivals in a meaningless competition and i'm sure i speak for many true fans and..er.... day out in Card.......500,000 grand...........err...foam hands.........err....bottlers......errr.....(cont p.94)...etc.

just get promoted and be done with it.

:shifty: Just one point, the German King Tiger tanks were often assembled by slave workers from the territories occupied by the NAZI German Third Reich. Sabotage was common and would often only show up at an inappropriate moment in battle. Under restoration many WWII German tanks still bear the marks of sabotage - fag butts stuffed in fuel lines, faulty cogs in the gearbox etc. I'll therefore opt for the Russian Red Army Stalin tank as I don't want to be breaking down at an inopportune moment in Bermondsey High Street with Millwall around. :rolleyes:

The German King Tiger in the piccie below looks like it's broken down with mechanics swarming over it.....

tiger2_oprava.jpg

The Red Army Stalin tank has better reliability and a decent turret mounted machine gun.......

03367.jpg

:shifty: Just one point, the German King Tiger tanks were often assembled by slave workers from the territories occupied by the NAZI German Third Reich. Sabotage was common and would often only show up at an inappropriate moment in battle. Under restoration many WWII German tanks still bear the marks of sabotage - fag butts stuffed in fuel lines, faulty cogs in the gearbox etc. I'll therefore opt for the Russian Red Army Stalin tank as I don't want to be breaking down at an inopportune moment in Bermondsey High Street with Millwall around. :rolleyes:

You could always take one of each to be on the safe side, Me and MLA in one, you in the other, we could form our own pincer movement from either end of the ground........

You could always take one of each to be on the safe side, Me and MLA in one, you in the other, we could form our own pincer movement from either end of the ground........

Sounds good, Dollymarie has a Red Army T34 tank so that's 3 tanks leading the BCFC Red Army spearhead into Central then East London. With armoured cars, cider supply trucks and the Peter Carol coaches following it'll be quite a sight. :chant6ez: We may, for once, get into and out of Bermondsey unscathed for once. :clapping:

Up the City

Sounds good, Dollymarie has a Red Army T34 tank so that's 3 tanks leading the BCFC Red Army spearhead into Central then East London. With armoured cars, cider supply trucks and the Peter Carol coaches following it'll be quite a sight. :chant6ez: We may, for once, get into and out of Bermondsey unscathed for once. :clapping:

Up the City

don't you belive it!

Millwall fans will have their own capacity to attack attack attack....... :whistle:

One minor problem.

The away end at Millwall is 'limited use' only ie you cannot use the lower tier since Liverpool used it a couple of years ago and all hell broke loose.We will only be allocated the top tier which holds about 2500. Went there a while ago when Jimmy Nicholl was their manager and a peaceful protest turned nasty.took ages to get away from the ground and it was unpleasant even then.

The tank idea sounds like a good one to me though!

One minor problem.

The away end at Millwall is 'limited use' only ie you cannot use the lower tier since Liverpool used it a couple of years ago and all hell broke loose.We will only be allocated the top tier which holds about 2500.

Asked on a Millwall site and was told 3,600- 4,200 :fingerscrossed:

Lads I think we need to learn some lessons from history. Heavy armour in an urban setting? Look at the mess of Starlingrad. The only time I can think of a major success using this method would probably be the recon in force that thrust into Bagdad a few years ago, and that was only facing little in the way of resistance.

I do however, have a cunning plan..........

Lads I think we need to learn some lessons from history. Heavy armour in an urban setting? Look at the mess of Starlingrad. The only time I can think of a major success using this method would probably be the recon in force that thrust into Bagdad a few years ago, and that was only facing little in the way of resistance.

I do however, have a cunning plan..........

Purchasing a dirty bomb from a rouge state?

Freedom to all moomins!!

Archived