IGNORED

Free coaches to Millwall

shepton red

Sounds good, Dollymarie has a Red Army T34 tank so that's 3 tanks leading the BCFC Red Army spearhead into Central then East London. With armoured cars, cider supply trucks and the Peter Carol coaches following it'll be quite a sight. :chant6ez: We may, for once, get into and out of Bermondsey unscathed for once. :clapping:

Up the City

i wish everyone would stop saying east london its not its south east london west ham east ,, millwall south .thanks then

i wish everyone would stop saying east london its not its south east london west ham east ,, millwall south .thanks then

I stand corrected, you are right. Millwall is indeed in South East London - South of the Thames midway between Bermondsey and Deptford I believe.

Tigers were knocking out Shermans at a rate of 7.1 in Western Europe. I would fancy my chances if one was driven to Bermondsey.

That's if it could make it there. While German tanks were possibly the best of all forces, they were also prone to breakdown and were hard to fix given their complex engineering.

I'd opt for a fleet of B17,s and a para drop!

If we are going to get historical, it wasn't just the complex engineering.

Most of the tanks simply broke down because they had ran out of diesel due to the overstretched suppy lines, they also forgot to treat the limited fuel they had with anti -freeze.

Logistical reasons mean't that the tanks with the most minor of faults had to be abandoned in many cases.

So considering the distance from Bristol to Millwall, and the fairly mild English winter, i would back the Tiger, perhaps as a precaution make sure to join the AA before departure

If we are going to get historical, it wasn't just the complex engineering.

Most of the tanks simply broke down because they had ran out of diesel due to the overstretched suppy lines, they also forgot to treat the limited fuel they had with anti -freeze.

Logistical reasons mean't that the tanks with the most minor of faults had to be abandoned in many cases.

So considering the distance from Bristol to Millwall, and the fairly mild English winter, i would back the Tiger, perhaps as a precaution make sure to join the AA before departure

I'd recommend filling your King Tiger with petrol though. :kiddie: I'm pretty sure the King Tigers ran on petrol and the Stalin Tanks had diesel units. Awesome in open country........

kingtiger08.jpg

Just in case you do breakdown in Bermondsey, have what is considered by many to be the world's first modern general purpose machine gun. The Machinengewehr 34 or MG34 was the primary tank and aircraft defensive weapon. Fitted on the King Tiger tanks, it had a rate of fire between 800 to 900 rpm ;) ........

mg34.jpg

I'd recommend filling your King Tiger with petrol though. :kiddie: I'm pretty sure the King Tigers ran on petrol and the Stalin Tanks had diesel units. Awesome in open country........

kingtiger08.jpg

Just in case you do breakdown in Bermondsey, have what is considered by many to be the world's first modern general purpose machine gun. The Machinengewehr 34 or MG34 was the primary tank and aircraft defensive weapon. Fitted on the King Tiger tanks, it had a rate of fire between 800 to 900 rpm ;) ........

mg34.jpg

Jesus, you need to get out more. There are these beautiful creatures called females, well not all are beautiful..they are far more exciting than tanks?? :wub: fnarrr

Sounds good, Dollymarie has a Red Army T34 tank so that's 3 tanks leading the BCFC Red Army spearhead into Central then East London. With armoured cars, cider supply trucks and the Peter Carol coaches following it'll be quite a sight. :chant6ez: We may, for once, get into and out of Bermondsey unscathed for once. :clapping:

Up the City

Wonder what the congestioncharge would be for these ??

Sounds good, Dollymarie has a Red Army T34 tank so that's 3 tanks leading the BCFC Red Army spearhead into Central then East London.

Ah the tank thread...... :innocent06:

I thought it was in the classics but I cant see it. Anyone care to find it, could do with a chuckle over it again.

A King Tiger had a crew of 5. Commander, gunner, loader, radio and obviously a driver.

Boltsy, thanks for the correction! However I would like to point out that although the English weather may be mild, and fuel may be in supply, but there's always the risk of re-fuling at Tesco and breaking down!

Does the trip up the M4 count as open country? I'm not sure.

Also, you need to factor in the Congestion charge. Are tanks exempt from the congestion charge? I expect a hybrid, dual-fuel version may be but the parking will still be a bugger.

Does the trip up the M4 count as open country? I'm not sure.

Also, you need to factor in the Congestion charge. Are tanks exempt from the congestion charge? I expect a hybrid, dual-fuel version may be but the parking will still be a bugger.

No problem with parking with my Stalin Tank - just park on top of the crushed remains of cars, vans, buses etc. Therefore a bit of a bugger for all the cars on Bermondsey high street that'll be crushed beneath our newly acquired BCFC cider army tank flotilla. :tongue: .......

03367.jpg

If the weather is not cold it has to be the Tiger, even Monty was impressed by it's speed and destructive ability even in the desert.

Indeed, the German Tiger I tank has been the topic of conversation on the Red Goblin Corner of the BCFC Subcider website for the past week. 'Inside the Tiger I' with commentary - what General Monty and our Grandfathers' generation had to face in North Africa during WWII.....click on the URL below.....

Indeed, the German Tiger I tank has been the topic of conversation on the Red Goblin Corner of the BCFC Subcider website for the past week. 'Inside the Tiger I' with commentary - what General Monty and our Grandfather's generation had to face in North Africa during WWII.....click on the URL below.....

Gobbers, I take it you'll not be using the liddle tank from Ello Ello then.....a wise move indeed visiting the urban refuse dump known as Sarf Luuuundin mate!!

Gobbers, I take it you'll not be using the liddle tank from Ello Ello then.....a wise move indeed visiting the urban refuse dump known as Sarf Luuuundin mate!!

There's a working Tiger I tank we could borrow from the Bovington Tank Museum for our trip to Millwall. Would you like to drive while I navigate? :kiddie: ........

No problem with parking with my Stalin Tank -

The T-34 was a far superior tank, more than a match for a Tiger tank,

and had a 500 hp engine, based on a BMW design!!.

And the 1977 production model, the T-72 has a 840hp engine!!

More than enough to deal with traffic jams on the M4, and in London.

:kiddie:

There's a working Tiger I tank we could borrow from the Bovington Tank Museum for our trip to Millwall. Would you like to drive while I navigate? :kiddie: ........

Prefer to work the gun. I live too near the pond life to trust em mate. :gasmask:

The T-34 was a far superior tank, more than a match for a Tiger tank,

and had a 500 hp engine, based on a BMW design!!.

And the 1977 production model, the T-72 has a 840hp engine!!

More than enough to deal with traffic jams on the M4, and in London.

:kiddie:

OK, the Russian T34 was superior to the Russian Stalin Tank. If we go down that road then the best WWII tank would be the German Panther. Take a look at the videos below, the Panther even had 'torsion bar suspension' - decades ahead of its time and the ideal choice for the trip to Millwall?........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqTYq8B3nI

OK, the Russian T34 was superior to the Russian Stalin Tank. If we go down that road then the best WWII tank would be the German Panther. Take a look at the videos below, the Panther even had 'torsion bar suspension' - decades ahead of its time and the ideal choice for the trip to Millwall?........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqTYq8B3nI

Just one thing to say Gobbers: Chhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!! :bruce_h4h: :bruce_h4h: :bruce_h4h:

Archived