IGNORED

City's Promotion

CGS RED

Much has been said about needing 2 points a game and GJ's blocks of 10 matches.

Happily our last 10 league games are up to that percentage.

P 10... W6... D2... L2...F14...A7...P20. However before that we were a little worse.

P 10... W4... D4 ...L2...F12...A9...P16. Draws instead of wins against lower clubs.

Before that we managed 23 points from 10 games, or better than average. So what about the 12 match run home. Outside of S****horpe, form has been unreliable, and if you look at the last six match form guide you will see Millwall, Crewe and Bournemouth above us and after S****horpe, nothing is gauranteed.

I have read several recent posts suggesting 15 points will have to be earned in the last 10 matches. GJ and his selections/tactics will need to be right on the money to get us over the wire.

I believe we can do the job, mainly due to our magnificent defence and squad depth. I see 84/85 points, for us, and excluding S****horpe, no other team doing any better.

What do you think, better or worse ?

Most people think that City will need a miminum of 82 points to secure an automatic place.

Thats another 20 from the remaining 36 available - so City cannot afford to drop more than 16 points from the remaining 12 games.

Can anyone see us dropping more than 16 points?

This 82 point target which has been mooted as enough to take us up automatically is nonsense.

It depends entirely how the other sides around us fair. If one of Forest, Yeovil or Oldham and to a lesser degree Tranmere, Swansea, Blackpool, Doncaster, Crewe go on the type of winning sequence that S****horpe have had then we will need significantly more than 82 points. If they all continue as they have been in the last 3 to 6 matches then we would require significantly less.

Here Is The Latest Form Guide Other than S****horpe and Millwall NO side is in decent form. Even Millwall suffered a massive setback with a home thrashing from Leyton Orient.

My worry is where are the goals coming from. We are just not killing sides off, we are neither clinical or cynical enough to do what S****horpe have done in recent weeks and are therefore hanging on to games as we were on Saturday when we should have been a few goals to the good.

This 82 point target which has been mooted as enough to take us up automatically is nonsense.

It depends entirely how the other sides around us fair. If one of Forest, Yeovil or Oldham and to a lesser degree Tranmere, Swansea, Blackpool, Doncaster, Crewe go on the type of winning sequence that S****horpe have had then we will need significantly more than 82 points. If they all continue as they have been in the last 3 to 6 matches then we would require significantly less.

Here Is The Latest Form Guide Other than S****horpe and Millwall NO side is in decent form. Even Millwall suffered a massive setback with a home thrashing from Leyton Orient.

My worry is where are the goals coming from. We are just not killing sides off, we are neither clinical or cynical enough to do what S****horpe have done in recent weeks and are therefore hanging on to games as we were on Saturday when we should have been a few goals to the good.

Amazing that Forest's recent form is better than ours, I had the impression they were slipping before Saturday. The Oldham fans must be tearing their hair out, if their form had matched ours they would be sat on S****horpes heels right now.

In January, I mentioned that 15 points from the last 10 matches may be about it. If we win our two games in hand, thats 21 for a total of 83. A razors edge, imo we need to pull off one extra unexpected 3 pointer. At 85/86 we should be home without the playoffs.

Playoffs extend an already long hard season, started by 10 friendlies. If promoted, our squad need a decent break before the Championship campaign, with perhaps just 6 pre season friendlies

I'll be disappointed if we don't get the first 9 points in the next three games, two winnable home games and an away fixture which I will be attending due to the fact I am working in Nottingham again.

My record away from this season is : -

Forest in the JPT 2-2 and a win on pens

Coventry FA cup replay 0-2 win

I would like to add to the set by attending a league win away from home as well.

Sporting Life's website on our division has the following quote from GJ.

We need to win 7 of our remaining 12 matches to obtain automatic promotion. 62 + 21 = 83. No draws or losses mentioned, just the squads aim is 7 wins.

I would like a couple of draws with the 7 wins giving us 85, that allows for 3 losses. GJ is responsible for the tactics, selections and substitutions, but I believe we have a squad that is mostly lean and hungry for victory. Competition for starting positions is fierce, and the prestige and bigger pay days is a huge incentive to get the job done. I would like to know the current bookies odds for our auto promotion, I am quietly confident we are up to it.

the prestige and bigger pay days is a huge incentive to get the job done. I would like to know the current bookies odds for our auto promotion, I am quietly confident we are up to it.

So that incentive doesn't apply to Forest, Yeovil, Oldham etc etc?

7 wins in 12 games is NOT necessarily automatic promotion form is it? It depends on how the other teams do themselves so setting such targets is plain bunkum.

So that incentive doesn't apply to Forest, Yeovil, Oldham etc etc?

7 wins in 12 games is NOT necessarily automatic promotion form is it? It depends on how the other teams do themselves so setting such targets is plain bunkum.

That incentive I would hope applys to any team with a chance of promotion, however this is a City forum. As to the 7 wins from 12 matches, I am merely quoting from Sporting life, so please don't shoot the messanger, Its a GJ quote. Perhaps plain bunkum as an opinion is accurate, however it is obvious that teams, managers and fans have a focus on what they believe to be a necessary total for promotion.

IMO if thats ok, I believe 85 points is a realistic target to have in mind. Its like when most people go shopping, they usually have an objective in mind, I guess football managers can have objectives?

I think 7 wins will be enough, especially if 2 of those wins are against Forest and Yeovil. I did the promotion calculator on the Net Centre and had us second on 84 points ahead of Forest on 82. Scunny way ahead on 91, but I believe it will actually be much closer than that.

I think 7 wins will be enough, especially if 2 of those wins are against Forest and Yeovil. I did the promotion calculator on the Net Centre and had us second on 84 points ahead of Forest on 82. Scunny way ahead on 91, but I believe it will actually be much closer than that.

Whatever, if we win the Div 1 championship my 2 £10 pre-season Championship accumulator bets are both ballsed up barring a miracle thanks to the Reading FC scumbags kicking the heads of the 2 best Chelsea goal keepers earlier this season. My best chance of winning includes BCFC @ 6-1, Chelsea @ 2-5, Birmingham @ 5-1 and the MK Dons @ 10-1. Who would have thought that Chelsea @ 2-5 would have flopped? :badmood:

Archived