IGNORED

Jamie Cooper

RedTop

OK, so it appears that there are plenty of people who would like to donate a few quid for Jamie Cooper to enjoy his big day out and no way of doing it, so I will collect the money myself and then arrange for it to go to Jamie and his family in good time for the big day as a gesture from Bristol City fans to a very brave man who just happens to support our arch rivals.

I have not done this before and will gladly hand it over to someone more 'official' if they wish, but in their absence someone has to take the lead if us fans want to get this done in our name, as time is pressing on.

So here's how I will do it on behalf of all of us:

1. Those of you who wish to donate, please PM me as soon as possible and I will reply with my home address for you to send cheques to. This would be the easiest way for me to handle things, to be honest.

2. I am unlikely to be at Chesterfield away, however I will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday for the Brentford home game. I WILL STAND DIRECTLY OUTSIDE THE RED AND WHITE BAR BETWEEN 2pm AND 2.50pm (provided the club gives permission) TO COLLECT MONEY FROM THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD RATHER HAND OVER CASH IN PERSON. You will easily be able to distinguish me as I will be the only saddo wearing a yellow North Face walking jacket! I do not intend to rattle a tin or a bucket or anything. I will simply be there to take donations from those of you who know about this and wish to hand over the money. If any of you would like my mobile number in order to check where I am going to be and make sure you hand it to the right person (or to offer your help!) then please PM me and I will provide it. I will also be in my usual seat in the Dolman (Block E, Row M, Seat 6) if you sit in that stand and want to give me the money at half time.

I will record the amount donated by each individual in order to show that I have handed over the full amount and not pocketed any! This record will be available to anyone who asks to see it. I will post on this forum how much has been raised and what it will be going towards after liaising (hopefully) with Jamie's family and the Post.

I have no idea whether we will raise enough for a bottle of bubbly for him to enjoy at the game, or for his family to go in a limo, but I am sure that whatever gesture we as City fans can make would be a credit to our club and would be appreciated by Jamie and his family. I will try and liaise with the Evening Post to make sure we get him something fitting for the occasion, as someone said they are already sorting the day out for him.

Anyone who might be able to help by collecting money from people at Chesterfield, or who wants to get their donation to me in another way, or has any ideas that might help, please PM me.

I now need to find Jamie's family. If anyone has any idea how I can reach them, please let me know by PM. Will those of you who have pledged donations now please PM me for my home details so that we can get this rolling.

All the best,

Brian Flynn

OK, so it appears that there are plenty of people who would like to donate a few quid for Jamie Cooper to enjoy his big day out and no way of doing it, so I will collect the money myself and then arrange for it to go to Jamie and his family in good time for the big day as a gesture from Bristol City fans to a very brave man who just happens to support our arch rivals.

I have not done this before and will gladly hand it over to someone more 'official' if they wish, but in their absence someone has to take the lead if us fans want to get this done in our name, as time is pressing on.

1. Those of you who wish to donate, please PM me as soon as possible and I will reply with my home address for you to send cheques to. This would be the easiest way for me to handle things, to be honest.

2. I am unlikely to be at Chesterfield away, however I will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday for the Brentford home game. I WILL STAND DIRECTLY OUTSIDE THE RED AND WHITE BAR BETWEEN 2pm AND 2.50pm (provided the club gives permission) TO COLLECT MONEY FROM THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD RATHER HAND OVER CASH IN PERSON. You will easily be able to distinguish me as I will be the only saddo wearing a yellow North Face walking jacket! I do not intend to rattle a tin or a bucket or anything. I will simply be there to take donations from those of you who know about this and wish to hand over the money. If any of you would like my mobile number in order to check where I am going to be and make sure you hand it to the right person (or to offer your help!) then please PM me and I will provide it. I will also be in my usual seat in the Dolman (Block E, Row M, Seat 6) if you sit in that stand and want to give me the money at half time.

I will record the amount donated by each individual in order to show that I have handed over the full amount and not pocketed any! This record will be available to anyone who asks to see it. I will post on this forum how much has been raised and what it will be going towards after liaising (hopefully) with Jamie's family and the Post.

I have no idea whether we will raise enough for a bottle of bubbly for him to enjoy at the game, or for his family to go in a limo, but I am sure that whatever gesture we as City fans can make would be a credit to our club and would be appreciated by Jamie and his family. I will try and liaise with the Evening Post to make sure we get him something fitting for the occasion, as someone said they are already sorting the day out for him.

Anyone who might be able to help by collecting money from people at Chesterfield, or who wants to get their donation to me in another way, or has any ideas that might help, please PM me.

I now need to find Jamie's family. If anyone has any idea how I can reach them, please let me know by PM. Will those of you who have pledged donations now please PM me for my home details so that we can get this rolling.

All the best,

Brian Flynn

I'll say it again Brian, your a credit to this club.... :chant6ez:

All the best,

Brian Flynn

Brian yer a star.......will send you a chq or let you have it sat for £50, whatever is best mate.

Thanks for your efforts.....Arn

I'd offer to make a bucket collection at Chesterfield but to be honest I'm not sure I'd get there early enough.

However, I'm happy to go around the open terrace with a bucket and to send same into the City part of the stand.

That's great Cheshire Red.

So anyone going to Chesterfield who would rather donate money there, PM Cheshire Red and I'm sure he'll tell you how to get it to him. I will arrange to meet up with him and put the money raised there with the rest.

I now have the address for Jamie's family and aim to speak to someone at Bristol Rovers on the phone tomorrow to make arrangements. Then I'll be having a shower and wiping down the phone receiver, obviously...

Well done to everyone who is pitching in. Let's make it happen and do what we can to help this extremely courageous lad have the best day he can. We all know how special those days can be, and if any Gashead deserves it he sure as hell does.

All the best,

Brian Flynn

i will also be down the gate saturday and will be glad to chuck some dollers in !

would it not be better if you stood near the entrance to the atyeo ?

that way you still get to collect from supporters using the red and white bar /dolman stand and also those using the ateyo (like myself) ?

just a thought mate !

u desreve big pat on the back buddy fair play

I'd offer to make a bucket collection at Chesterfield but to be honest I'm not sure I'd get there early enough.

However, I'm happy to go around the open terrace with a bucket and to send same into the City part of the stand.

i will be at chesterfield and willing to donate. not sure what i can afford to give, but i guess every bit of cash helps!

That's great Cheshire Red.

So anyone going to Chesterfield who would rather donate money there, PM Cheshire Red and I'm sure he'll tell you how to get it to him. I will arrange to meet up with him and put the money raised there with the rest.

I now have the address for Jamie's family and aim to speak to someone at Bristol Rovers on the phone tomorrow to make arrangements. Then I'll be having a shower and wiping down the phone receiver, obviously...

Well done to everyone who is pitching in. Let's make it happen and do what we can to help this extremely courageous lad have the best day he can. We all know how special those days can be, and if any Gashead deserves it he sure as hell does.

"THEN I,LL BE HAVING A SHOWER AND WIPING DOWN THE PHONE RECEIVER".......even in times of serious discussion, i p##### myself at that Brian.........quality mate!

After reading a few requests for the Trust to help with on-line donations we have set up a "Jamie Cooper - Donate Now" button. All donations received less paypal's charges will be added to the collection being organised by Redtop.

You can find this button at the top of the main menu on otib.

All the best,

Brian Flynn

just donated via paypal...thanks for your efforts,much respect.

Is there any way we can find out what the running total is for this collection?

I won't really get a decent idea of how much we have until we've collected money from fans who want to donate at Chesterfield and at the home game on Saturday, but as soon as cheques start turning up on my doorstep (hopefully in the next 48 hours) , rest assured I'll be keeping people informed on this thread. As I only gave people details of where and how they could donate yesterday, the earliest cheques can arrive is tomorrow. That is one reason why I'd really appreciate it if people could get their cheques off early. It would be great if by Monday I had an idea of how much money we have managed to gather.

I am already in discussion with Bristol Rovers and with the Evening Post to make sure our money goes on something that makes Jamie's day as special as we can. I will keep everyone updated on how that is going, too. But basically, the more people are prepared to send in, the bigger the gesture we can make.

Guest DrFaustus

Brian, you deserve every plaudit and praise for being a pure gentleman for organising this. You have this Pikey's utter respect.

You will be able to contact jamie's family through BRFC, as Mr Dunford has already said that the club are in contact.

All the very best to you and every single City fan who has wished Jamie well, donated/pledged etc. You are a great bunch of people :)

Grant

There you go mate, a little donation from me gone into the hat through paypal, not a lot but if it helps the fella to have a top day out it's the least i could do.

we're all proud of the boy's out there doing a splendid job, makes you feel great to be British... :englandsmile4wf:

dated 3rd march;

Front page of today's BEP has an article about an 18 yearold soldier seriously injured in Iraq. Jamie Cooper was hit by 2 mortar bombs outside a hotel in Basra,shrapnel ripping through his stomach.He almost died on the way back to England and then,as if that wasn't enough,caught MRSA whilst in hospital in Birmingham. (twice)

His one ambition is to be well enough to see the Rovers in Cardiff.

I would like to thank you all, not just as a gashead but also as a serving member of the Army, you are a credit to CITY and the CITY OF BRISTOL, well done and thank you.

My wife works with Jamie's father so I can pass on any donations, if required

Thanks Port Marine Red. I'm already liaising with the Gas, the Evening Post and the family to make sure City fans give Jamie a great day at the Mill Stad. I'm sure it will be something all City fans can be proud of.

Around £100 already in pay pal account, plus chqs and donations on sat to follow...... :clapping:

Can I just add that for those who can, sending cheques or giving direct to me or Cheshire Red is preferable because using Paypal incurs a fee which eats into the money raised slightly, whereas it costs me nothing to bank cheques and cash into my account and then write out a cheque for the total.

For those of you who won't be able to send a cheque quickly or drop off money with me or Cheshire Red, please donate via the Paypal link at the top of the page. I don't want to dissuade anyone from giving if that is the only way they can do it.

I will keep you updated on ideas for how the money can best be used. I'll be consulting Jamie's family and those organising his day later today (hopefully) but will have a better idea of how much we are likely to raise - and therefore how it can be used - by the start of next week. It would be helpful if those who send cheques to me could make sure they reach me by Monday at the latest.

Cheers - let's work together and make this happen.

RedTop

For those of you who won't be able to send a cheque quickly or drop off money with me or Cheshire Red, please donate via the Paypal link at the top of the page. I don't want to dissuade anyone from giving if that is the only way they can do it.

Just so that people are aware, PayPal take around £0.57p per £10 donated.

Here is our donation, mods feel free to seperate this into a seperate thread if you want to.

Still need a link or info i can add to the listing to help people bid more.

Feel free to add link onto the Sag forum, i can`t do it as i will come out in a rash if i go there!

Ebay Auction for Jamie

Pete & Jill.

Fantastic Pete. Well done.

Here is a link to a piece I have written about what us City fans are doing for Jamie and why. It explains exactly what he has been through and why he deserves his day.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000280.shtml

Archived